• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have a full proof plan for the Hawks to be title contenders but I need help

NJHAWK

Your thoughts on Joe are not " foolproof". Howver Joe as a player is FULL PROOF. Does that help you?

LOL you'll have to explain "full proof" to me. As far as i know it has no meaning in English except possibly in the context of describing a potent alcoholic beverage.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1- How are Parish and Pippen overrated? Parish is barely remembered anymore and he was a perennial all star center that won 3 titles and made it to 5 finals playing not against scrubs or role players, but against Moses Malone, Kareem, Hakeem and Patrick Ewing. Pippen will forever live in Jordan's shadow even though he did most of the tough defensive assignments on that team, was good enough to carry the 94 bulls (regular starting 5: BJ Armstrong, Pete Myers, Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, with Kukoc off the bench) to 55 wins. He has as many selections to the all nba first team than JJ has to the all star team. If anything they are underrated.

2- Even if Kobe was willing to leave LA, what does atlanta has to offer that other bigger markets don't?

3- Even if Kobe was willing to come to Atlanta, why do you think that Kobe and JJ have a better shot at the title than Kobe, Bynum and Pau in LA? Especially since to renounce the rights to so many players Atlanta would have to round out the roster by signing a bunch of minimum salary guys.

The keys to Atlanta becoming a contender are:

1- define ownership situation, as no top star with a choice is going to commit to a franchise that might be doing a fire sale depending on the ownership situation.

2- Don't rush things. You don't trade young for old unless you are a couple of pieces away from a title.

3- Draft smart

4- get better offensive game plan.

Can we renounce our rights to Bibby, ZazA, and company and trade Marv and Speedys deal for a future pick and somehow someway GET KOBE BRYANT TO COME TO THE A. T. L. Maybe if the Lakers lose? Anybody have any ideas how we can do this? :blow out candles: It would be like a fans birthday present.

LOL

Do all of that, and trade JJ + a re-signed Marvin . . for Kobe. Draft Dejuan Blair, if he falls that far. Re-sign Flip for around 4 - 5 mill. Convince Chill to bring his azz back here.

Hawks lineup:

G - Flip

G - Kobe

F - Chill

F - Smith

C - Horford

Bench

G - Acie

F - Blair

F - Evans

C - Morris ( cause he'll have to play at times, just for size )

Lakers lineup:

G - Fisher

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Gasol

C - Bynum

Bench

F - Ariza

G - Brown

F - Walton

G - Farmar

Damn . . I like the Laker team better . . almost.

The keys to Atlanta becoming a contender are:

1- define ownership situation, as no top star with a choice is going to commit to a franchise that might be doing a fire sale depending on the ownership situation.

2- Don't rush things. You don't trade young for old unless you are a couple of pieces away from a title.

3- Draft smart

4- get better offensive game plan.

I agree! The fact is, that Hawks are in the phase when they need to add more quality pieces that fit the picture... Let's just hope Sund will make some sound moves!

You are wrong, yes, Joe has not passed him. Although I have no doubt he will. Pippen's strength was as a defender, he just happened to be a point forward who could score, handle the ball, facilitate, and rebound. Did he fall off in his mid-30s? Sure, who cares?

Joe has had one season where he was a better scorer than Pippen, that was his 57 game season in 07'. That was also his worst season as a passer since coming here and he's never been near the defender or rebounder as Pip. Joe is a better shooter than Scottie Pippen and that is it.

By the way, what does full proof mean if different than fool proof? Does it mean fully proven?

So Joe has tied Pippen for 20ppg scoring seasons already and will surely pass him next year barring a serious injury to end his career. Im not sure how Joe has only had one season where he scored better than Pippen? Does Joe have one season higher than any of Pippens? yes Is Joe's career scoring average higer than Pippens? yes Does Joe have a season where he averaged more assist than any season Pippen had? yes So Joe is already a better scorer, just as good as a n assist man and a better shooter, thats it. lol I would love to see what Pippens stats are without Phil and Tex?

1- How are Parish and Pippen overrated? Parish is barely remembered anymore and he was a perennial all star center that won 3 titles and made it to 5 finals playing not against scrubs or role players, but against Moses Malone, Kareem, Hakeem and Patrick Ewing. Pippen will forever live in Jordan's shadow even though he did most of the tough defensive assignments on that team, was good enough to carry the 94 bulls (regular starting 5: BJ Armstrong, Pete Myers, Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, with Kukoc off the bench) to 55 wins. He has as many selections to the all nba first team than JJ has to the all star team. If anything they are underrated.

Neither should have sniffed the top 50 thats how. Pippen should forever be in Jordons shadow because he was no more than that. You cats are trumping one 55 win season second round playoff knockout like Pippen was well, Jordon. Using that to say Pippen carried the Bulls without MJ. Well the next year they won 47 games like the Hawks did this year. Joe has carried us to that with Woody as head coach not Phil. Pippen was even better in the prime of his career without Phil and Tex, just look that up.

Edited by NJHAWK

By the way, what does full proof mean if different than fool proof? Does it mean fully proven?

Yes 200 or the real deal ........ Only if we get him not that we will get him. He may end up trumping LA for some slightly hairy but fine women and fine wine and sauce especially if Phil takes a break.

Edited by NJHAWK

LOL

Do all of that, and trade JJ + a re-signed Marvin . . for Kobe. Draft Dejuan Blair, if he falls that far. Re-sign Flip for around 4 - 5 mill. Convince Chill to bring his azz back here.

Hawks lineup:

G - Flip

G - Kobe

F - Chill

F - Smith

C - Horford

Bench

G - Acie

F - Blair

F - Evans

C - Morris ( cause he'll have to play at times, just for size )

Lakers lineup:

G - Fisher

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Gasol

C - Bynum

Bench

F - Ariza

G - Brown

F - Walton

G - Farmar

Damn . . I like the Laker team better . . almost.

Why would we have to give up Joe to sign Kobe outright? With no Bibby, ZazA, Marv or Speedy our payroll would be about 35 mil which leaves plenty of room to sign Kobe, Flip and a big or two.

Edited by NJHAWK

LOL you'll have to explain "full proof" to me. As far as i know it has no meaning in English except possibly in the context of describing a potent alcoholic beverage.

Exactly I should have put it in parenthesis. I forgot you can do that here in the title unlike the espn boards.

I don't know NJ if you are going to devalue Pippen then you might aswell go ahead and devalue Kobe. You say Pippen did nothing without Jordan or Phil wellll what has Kobe done without Shaq or Phil? Since that's the case why would we even bother trading for Kobe unless we have a deal to get Phil and his special chair or sign Shaq as a free agent?

• Moderators
Exactly I should have put it in parenthesis. I forgot you can do that here in the title unlike the espn boards.

I would just use a different expression. That one is too close in meaning to fool proof and too obscure for most of us to follow. I think 90% of people who read "full proof" in this context will think you just misspelled "fool proof."

I don't know NJ if you are going to devalue Pippen then you might aswell go ahead and devalue Kobe. You say Pippen did nothing without Jordan or Phil wellll what has Kobe done without Shaq or Phil? Since that's the case why would we even bother trading for Kobe unless we have a deal to get Phil and his special chair or sign Shaq as a free agent?

Throughout Kobe's entire career, he's either played with Shaq, or had Phil as a coach. Top three Center to ever play, and top three coach to ever coach, IMO. To say he hasn't accomplished anything without them is impossible, because one of them has always been present. Success has followed Shaq and Phil, just about everywhere they've gone....save Phoenix with Shaq the last couple.

I don't think you can devalue Kobe's worth due to the circumstances of him always playing with a dominant center and/or having a coach like Phil. He won three rings with both...has made it to the Finals three times w/o Shaq. Granted he hasn't got that "ring" without the big man - soon to change this year IMO - but getting to the Finals in 04 and last year isn't negative. Besides, that 04 Pistons team was at the height of their dominance, and the Celtics team of last year, well, the Lakers ran into a bunch of hungry superstars without a title....the Lakers ran into a buzz saw.

I would just use a different expression. That one is too close in meaning to fool proof and too obscure for most of us to follow. I think 90% of people who read "full proof" in this context will think you just misspelled "fool proof."

I'm among the 90%...