• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can anyone confirm the Amare,Josh Smith trade rumors I heard on ESPN this morning.

MVP23

Chris Bruchesaud or something like that on ESPN was talking about it...if they throw in Robin Lopez they have a deal.

Throw in Lopez? These guys have to be making this bs up. We dont have Speedy as a filler anymore so how could the Suns be ading payroll to Amare in a trade for Smoove who makes at least 5 mill less a year.

Throw in Lopez? These guys have to be making this bs up. We dont have Speedy as a filler anymore so how could the Suns be ading payroll to Amare in a trade for Smoove who makes at least 5 mill less a year.

Mo.

Mo, Mario West, Rob Morris.....but mostly Mo.

• Premium Member

I have stayed away from this Amare talk mainly because it's BS.

Not that you can't find a deal to make the numbers work.

However, I think that Amare's people are using us and the media to get what they want from GS. BTW, GS is now interested in dealing for Boozer. All the sudden. It's the game that is played. Curry is the main focus of the deal and by suggesting that they will deal Amare to Atlanta, Phoenix builds up more pressure for GS to give in. I don't exactly know what GS really wants from Phoenix. I mean, sure Curry is a good shooter and he's a hot target, but what does GS think it can get from Phoenix by holding him. I just don't believe that GS goes into the season with Law, Monte Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Maggette, Morrow, Azubike, and Curry... It's too much guard play. Several of them will have to be traded.

By that same token, I see no benefit in Phoenix deal with us for Smoove.

It's all a rouse. They just want us to help put pressure on GS.

Chris Bruchesaud or something like that on ESPN was talking about it...if they throw in Robin Lopez they have a deal.

I saw/heard it. It was right after they showed Don Nelson saying that the proposed trade is ridiculous because they are not giving up Curry. He said flat out that Curry is going nowhere. They then proceeded to say that the Hawks were the next best contender to get Amare because they are willing to trade Josh Smith.

Take it for what it's worth.

It's not even a good deal for the Hawks.

On the video game it would be amazing, but in real life, Josh Smith's weakside shot blocking is the only thing that makes us able to have Horford play at the Center spot.

Our interior defense would take a huge step back with Amare.

Not to mention the team chemistry. Josh Smith is the heart and soul of the team.

We don't need to tweak our starting lineup of the future at all because it's good enough to compete.

Teague

Johnson

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA 2 years from now if we keep it together. 5 guys who can run the floor, and create for themselves and their teammates.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

It's not even a good deal for the Hawks.

On the video game it would be amazing, but in real life, Josh Smith's weakside shot blocking is the only thing that makes us able to have Horford play at the Center spot.

Our interior defense would take a huge step back with Amare.

Not to mention the team chemistry. Josh Smith is the heart and soul of the team.

We don't need to tweak our starting lineup of the future at all because it's good enough to compete.

Teague

Johnson

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

That's the most athletic starting 5 in the NBA 2 years from now if we keep it together. 5 guys who can run the floor, and create for themselves and their teammates.

It is also a team that is very weak on the defensive glass, doesn't score well inside and can't defend centers with size.

It is also a team that is very weak on the defensive glass, doesn't score well inside and can't defend centers with size.

Exactly. Rick Sund screws up even more than Billy Knight ever did if he makes that deal.

Although the Paul/WIlliams fiasco set the team back for a handful of years, that trade would completely blow any chance we had at competing down the road.

With how we are currently constructed, as we get better and as the Bigs of Cleveland age and the Boston Big 3 age, we could compete with Orlando for Eastern dominance for years to come.

But if we are impatient and blow it all up, that will totally ruin any chance of that

Uhh.... my comments were directed at this starting 5.

Inside scoring will improve with a PG who can finally dribble penetrate presenting a lot more open looks in the post for Smoove and Horford.

Inside scoring is also about shot selection of Josh Smith. When he drives to the rim, he has a lot of success.

ANd as far as defending bigs, if you think that team struggles defending Bigs, replace Smith with Amare and it would struggle a lot worse. As we are currently constructed we aren't getting a better offensive/defensive combo than Smoove and Horford at the 4/5.

Inside scoring will improve with a PG who can finally dribble penetrate presenting a lot more open looks in the post for Smoove and Horford.

Inside scoring is also about shot selection of Josh Smith. When he drives to the rim, he has a lot of success.

ANd as far as defending bigs, if you think that team struggles defending Bigs, replace Smith with Amare and it would struggle a lot worse. As we are currently constructed we aren't getting a better offensive/defensive combo than Smoove and Horford at the 4/5.

Smoove needs to be here. He's been a cog in this machine since he came into the league, now were good....he signed a huge deal which was well deserved. Even for (injury prone) Amare, Smoove is worth more to this francise. I would be terrribly disappointed if we traded Josh Smith. Just too many good things happening right now.

Smoove needs to be here. He's been a cog in this machine since he came into the league, now were good....he signed a huge deal which was well deserved. Even for (injury prone) Amare, Smoove is worth more to this francise. I would be terrribly disappointed if we traded Josh Smith. Just too many good things happening right now.

The funny thing about Smoove is that he has a higher ceiling than Amare even offensively. But of course his basketball IQ will prevent him from ever realizing it.

But even without doing so, he means to much to this team from an Xs and Os standpoint alone to make that trade.

If Horford was a 7 footer, I'd more than consider it. But again with an undersized Center, we absolutely need Smoove's presence defensively.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

The funny thing about Smoove is that he has a higher ceiling than Amare even offensively. But of course his basketball IQ will prevent him from ever realizing it.

But even without doing so, he means to much to this team from an Xs and Os standpoint alone to make that trade.

If Horford was a 7 footer, I'd more than consider it. But again with an undersized Center, we absolutely need Smoove's presence defensively.

I agree 100%. Even with his bad decisions, Smoove has shown he can pretty much do anything on the basketball court. Not many players have that ability. It's all about timing with the desisions he makes. It's hard to write that he needs to mature after his 6th year, but he does as far as his BB IQ - No thanks to his coach.

X's and O's, defense, energy, hometown kid...just too many positives.

I agree 100%. Even with his bad decisions, Smoove has shown he can pretty much do anything on the basketball court. Not many players have that ability. It's all about timing with the desisions he makes. It's hard to write that he needs to mature after his 6th year, but he does as far as his BB IQ - No thanks to his coach.

X's and O's, defense, energy, hometown kid...just too many positives.

He can do anything except shoot. He's the worst shooter in the league, and his 2-pt jump shots hurt the team more than his 3s! Amare is so much better at 2-pt jumpers, it's ridiculous.

princecrazy.gif