• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Hollinger's valuation of Bibby

drzachary

Miller will not get 10 million in this market no way. Miller is 2 years older then Bibby and still a better player. I dont care if Sessions is Restricted the guy is a flat out stud he is gonna be a big time player in this league.

To put it simple, all we have is about 5.6mill to offer them. Miller still can't shoot and does not defend like he used to and can get 5.6 from other teams that actually match his style. 5.6 will be quickly matched by the Bucks for Sessions so stud or not he's not in our plans.

• Premium Member
Miller will not get 10 million in this market no way. Miller is 2 years older then Bibby and still a better player. I dont care if Sessions is Restricted the guy is a flat out stud he is gonna be a big time player in this league.

Milwaukee just cleared out their cap and will match any sane offer for Sessions... There is no way we even have a chance at Sessions unless a trade is involved.

Andre Miller is older, can't shoot, and will get paid more... He would be an upgrade defensively but the way our team is structured we need someone who can shoot the ball of off JJ double teams at PG, considering our only play in our playbook is JJ ISO.

Bibby makes the most sense, ESPECIALLY if we can get him at anything near 3/15

How are you people saying Miller cant shoot are you kidding everytime they played us he freaking destroyed Bibby with his penetration and outside shooting lets compare the numbers from last year the numbers speak for themselves.

His numbers are better in every single catergory except 3 point shooting did I mention he plays much better defense then Bibby I rest my case on who would be better for us whether we can get him is a different story.

Also check out the playoff Numbers of Andre Miller vs the Magic

SEASON AVERAGES

Playoffs Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

First Round PHI 6 6 43.0 0.475 0.300 0.824 1.5 4.8 6.3 5.3 1.2 0.2 3.17 2.80 21.2

Playoff Averages PHI 6 6 43.0 0.475 0.300 0.824 1.5 4.8 6.3 5.3 1.2 0.2 3.17 2.80 21.2

ibf09w.jpg

Edited by SmooveTheFuture

and he shoots 47% from the field better then Bibby is your point still that he cant shoot cmon man say he cant shoot 3s then you have an agrument but to say Miller cant shoot is complete bs.

Andre Miller

Shot Att. eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts

Jump 59% .407 29% 4% 6.0

Close 41% .584 31% 13% 6.1

Dunk 0% .000 0% 0% 0.0

Tips 0% .500 0% 0% 0.0

Inside 41% .583 31% 13% 6.1

Mike Bibby

Jump 91% .501 68% 1% 11.6

Close 9% .721 29% 8% 1.6

Dunk 0% .000 0% 0% 0.0

Tips 0% .000 0% 0% 0.0

Inside 9% .697 29% 8% 1.6

Notice the percentage on jumpshots which is what determines if someone is a good shooter. Shaq has like 60% fg percentage but does anyone confuse him with a shooter?

Oh yes stats courtesy of 82games.com

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

Andre Miller

Shot Att. eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts

Jump 59% .407 29% 4% 6.0

Close 41% .584 31% 13% 6.1

Dunk 0% .000 0% 0% 0.0

Tips 0% .500 0% 0% 0.0

Inside 41% .583 31% 13% 6.1

Mike Bibby

Jump 91% .501 68% 1% 11.6

Close 9% .721 29% 8% 1.6

Dunk 0% .000 0% 0% 0.0

Tips 0% .000 0% 0% 0.0

Inside 9% .697 29% 8% 1.6

Notice the percentage on jumpshots which is what determines if someone is a good shooter. Shaq has like 60% fg percentage but does anyone confuse him with a shooter?

So when he is inside he is laying it everytime?? Right.... Im pretty sure Andre Miller has a turnaround jumper he does when he post guards up I have seen him do it numerous times. Those numbers are really a sign how much of one dimensional player that Bibby truly is the guy barely drives the basketball the numbers dont lie and you wanna sign him. Look at the Damage that Andre Miller does close and inside because he actually drives the basketball and finds open teammates something I wanted from our PGs since we passed on Paul and Deron Williams. A guy like Miller would make this team and the players on it alot better then just the jump shooting of Mike Bibby.

All in all under Woody's offense we don't need ball dominating guards that can penetrate. This is evidenced by the fact a 24 year old Acie couldn't crack the lineup and I'd imagine he had better quicks than Miller currently posseses. We need shooters on the perimeter to space the floor for Joe to operate otherwise we'd just watch both Miller's and Smoove's man sag off or chase Joe down on the perimeter. Lack of shooting becomes far more apparent then.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

So, you hate Bibby, you hate Marvin, and your name is 'SmooveTheFuture...' Will you only be satisfied if somehow the Hawks play Josh Smith at every position?

So, you hate Bibby, you hate Marvin, and your name is 'SmooveTheFuture...' Will you only be satisfied if somehow the Hawks play Josh Smith at every position?

I dont hate any of them I hate the fact we drafted Marvin over allstars Paul and Deron. My opinon will never ever change because Marvin will never be as good as either of them and we needed a PG in the worst. When did I say I hate Bibby please tell me I just think there are better options out there then Bibby so you can stop putting words in my mouth you just sound stupid.

Edited by SmooveTheFuture

Yes Miller is way better than Bibby thats why his teams always get to the playoffs and win win win. Miller is a way better shooter than Bibby and Miller is a shut down defender. Sessions turned the Bucks around last year like Chris Paul did in N.O. and he to is a stout defender just ask Bucks fans.

I agree. 5 mil is more along the lines. He's a good spot shooter and does a decent job running the point but not a great job like Andre Miller. Terrible on defense but will grab you some steals. He's not worth more than that. I'd do 2/12 though.

I dont hate any of them I hate the fact we drafted Marvin over allstars Paul and Deron. My opinon will never ever change because Marvin will never be as good as either of them and we needed a PG in the worst. When did I say I hate Bibby please tell me I just think there are better options out there then Bibby so you can stop putting words in my mouth you just sound stupid.

Then why are there not as many rumblings when we drafted Childress over guys like Biedrins, Jefferson, and Iguodala. Who here would not kill to have Biedrins?????

I would love to get Bibby back for 3 yr 15 mill but no more...Pass on Miller, we don't need him...Where are we playing Crawford though if we get Bibby back??

Bibby = 14 ppg

Joe = 20 ppg

Marv = 14 ppg

Smith = 15 ppg

Horford = 11 ppg

*Crawford = 19 ppg

Jamal Crawford will fill Flip Murray's role as the 6th man who is getting starter minutes.

The reason Andre Miller isn't a fit in Atlanta as long as Mike Woodson is the head coach is because he is a below average jump shooter. Mike wants his point guards to be able to shoot from the perimeter and space the floor for Joe Johnson.

Uh. Use some punctuation, seriously. I'm not the one who looks stupid, here.

• Premium Member

I'm all for bringing Bibby back at around 6/7 million per year. I know we got Crawford, but to me he is just an upgrade over Flip, not the solution for our starting PG. I don't get why some are so worried about Teague getting a lot of playing time? Bibby was the point guard that got the Hawks to the playoffs back to back years. Plus, if Teague plays well he will find a spot in the rotation. Does everybody forgot how often we ran Joe/Flip/Bibby out on the court at the same time last season? If Bibby or Crawford's shots aren't falling Teague will be playing if he has earned it...