• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could this team win the East?

swolehawk2

the fact is that will we have the defense to go up against teams like Orlando, Clevland, Boston, maybe Detroit, and the Wizards who are gonna have a breakout year they just had injuries in the past.

The key is defense Hawks,

Hawks need a great DEFENSE! and quick!

Bibby/Flip/Teague

JJ/Crawford

Marvin/Mo

Smoove/McDyess

Al/ZZ/Gadzuric

I don't think scoring would be a problem, our bench would give teams the business on the offensive end.

Without injuries and without playing Joe 50 minutes per game, I like our chances. :cheers:

There is 0 chance the Hawks win anything this year or anytime soon . . .

Stupidity annoys me. Bringing back zaza, marvin, and bibby + adding teague and crawford AND MCDYESS makes us as good as boston, orlando, and even the cavs. This would make us instant contenders. I just don't see this happening unless rockets lay off zaza and Mcdyess just really likes atlanta......

U know if we could get someone like Marcus Camby, Legit or allstar Center before the trade deadline we could be a tom team in the East im mean look at Chicago no one thought theyd make the playoffs they made the trade for John Salmons and Brad Miller- (legit center) look at em now they took Boston to 7 games i know ull say we took Boston to 7 but Boston a Better team now than then rondo was a great player big baby was conributing they would have one and probally went on to play Orlando and beat them if they played better D!

Stupidity annoys me. Bringing back zaza, marvin, and bibby + adding teague and crawford AND MCDYESS makes us as good as boston, orlando, and even the cavs. This would make us instant contenders. I just don't see this happening unless rockets lay off zaza and Mcdyess just really likes atlanta......

Are you talking about your own stupidity? :lol6:

Only a super-duper-blind-as-a-bat-dumb-as-a-rock homer would think that would put us on the level of Cleveland, Boston and Orlando . . .

As a Hawks freak I always say we have a chance at winning it all!

But in a true sense, prolly not...we would have to add that one more huge player...if we added someone like Amare then I would say yes yes yes...

i still do not think we would be able to win the east. we may be athletic and able to score, but our defense would be terrible and we would have a hard time getting alot of rebounds

WRONG

Im sorry, but do you really think the 19th pick in the draft, a guy who has never played a playoff game in his career, and an old back up big would lead to a 20 game improvement in a year? This of course, without even discussing how improved the Celtics (healthy KG plus possibly Sheed), the Cavs (traded away a scrub Ben Wallace for Shaq), the Wizards (healthy Arenas, plus Foye and Mike Miller) and even the magic will be (lost gortat and hedo, but gained vince carter and a healthy nelson).

• Premium Member

Boston could easily fade due to their age... Orlando and Cleveland are a lock at the top though, no way we pass them taking into account the moves that have been made on all sides.

Barring injuries I would say we have no shot at all... However, Shaq could easily miss significant time this year, heck last year was the first time in four years where Shaq didn't miss more than 20 games... If Shaq brakes down (which I think is actually quite probable) we could maybe finish ahead of Cleveland... Garnett, Allen and Pierce are all entering the age where any of them could see a very significant drop in production (Garnett already went through that last year actually). Orlando though, I think they are a very safe bet to be better than us... I really think Vince Carter is an upgrade over Turkoglu, a big upgrade.

• Premium Member
Im sorry, but do you really think the 19th pick in the draft, a guy who has never played a playoff game in his career, and an old back up big would lead to a 20 game improvement in a year? This of course, without even discussing how improved the Celtics (healthy KG plus possibly Sheed), the Cavs (traded away a scrub Ben Wallace for Shaq), the Wizards (healthy Arenas, plus Foye and Mike Miller) and even the magic will be (lost gortat and hedo, but gained vince carter and a healthy nelson).

Entering next season Ray Allen will be 34, Kevin Garnett will be 33, Pierce 32, and Rasheed will be 35.

Don't underestimate age in the NBA... It would be very, very, unlikely that every one of these players will maintain the type of production they have been known for in the past, it is also quite likely that two or more of these guys will struggle.

Depending on a few veterans is one thing... but depending on four 32 + Year old athletes to be your top players is beyond risky

Edited by Atlantaholic

LOL, McDyess doesn't make us a championship team, no one in this market does.

Are you talking about your own stupidity? lol6.gif

Only a super-duper-blind-as-a-bat-dumb-as-a-rock homer would think that would put us on the level of Cleveland, Boston and Orlando . . .

We competed with Cavs, Lakers, Orlando, and Boston last season (until playoffs) but none theless. None of them have gotten better except MAYBE Cavs. None of you would of picked orlando to go to the finals this year - don't even try and lie about that. Im not saying im just sayin...... We would be substantially better next season with this lineup. No doubt. Sometimes I think people on here are like Randy Quaid from Major League. They just like to be unrealistically negative to start arguments. Wake up.....your hawks are a good team a few moves away from being a REALLY good team.

We competed with Cavs, Lakers, Orlando, and Boston last season (until playoffs) but none theless. None of them have gotten better except MAYBE Cavs. None of you would of picked orlando to go to the finals this year - don't even try and lie about that. Im not saying im just sayin...... We would be substantially better next season with this lineup. No doubt. Sometimes I think people on here are like Randy Quaid from Major League. They just like to be unrealistically negative to start arguments. Wake up.....your hawks are a good team a few moves away from being a REALLY good team.

Orlando won 10+ more games. This team will be lucky to win 43 games this year. If that. The east has improved.

Orlando won 10+ more games. This team will be lucky to win 43 games this year. If that. The east has improved.

I agree that the Eastern Conf. improved significantly... However, we're constantly overlooking the fact that our team has so much room for improvement from within! Remember, that's how this team got constructed in the first place... so, if we keep all the pieces together and continue building our chemistry, who'se to say that we're not gonna improve?!

Will it be enough to contend, well... I choose to be an optimist, why not!