• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

REPORT: Bibby plans to re-sign?

WraithSentinel

This is great news... I hope it's true and he does in fact return to the Hawks next season. He is a huge part of what the Hawks do, and his skills and leadership will be very much needed for the hawks to continue to be a winning team. Joe Johnson said on an interview when he was asked about Mike Bibby's status with the Hawks that Bibby brings the team together on and off the court. A veteran like him is essential for a young team to have on their side. GO HAWKS!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Bibby back. That is a must! Bibby is a core part of our team and great leader. He still puts up great numbers as well.

A 3 yr deal is not bad. He will be getting less minutes with Crawford in the game plan now so he can rest more than he has. His body will not be worn down.

I say if we can tag him for a 3yr $15-$21. Anything else is way too much. I mean $21 is really a lot.

If he can put up 14ppg and 4apg then I'm happy.

Sure. And we'd invite every other successful NBA coach, since they'd agree with us.

You don't hand late first round picks with only two years of college experience major minutes at PG unless they prove worthy of them. If they do, then you've got yourself a great problem to have.

Rondo did it....

How succesful was that 1st year Rondo led team by the way? I guess KG and Allen saw the magic he had in his rookie season and demanded they be traded to go play with him.

No...however he developed and became the player he is now. He took his lumps on a bad team...Teague is on a much better team.

No...however he developed and became the player he is now. He took his lumps on a bad team...Teague is on a much better team.

That's why you don't waste the talent on a good team by letting a rookie take his lumps his first year. You sign a veteran, a leader, someone who knows the team to run the show. Let the kid learn for a couple of years.

Our Starting Lineup should be

Bibby

Crawford

Joe

Smoove

Horford

some say Joe is to small to be a SF.. hes 6'8.. all he would need is more muscle mass.. and one off season can do that.. it could work easily

I wouldn't complain. I think Hotlanta will disagree. LOL. Our rebounding and defense (especially guards) will be the concern, if I had to guess...

That's why you don't waste the talent on a good team by letting a rookie take his lumps his first year. You sign a veteran, a leader, someone who knows the team to run the show. Let the kid learn for a couple of years.

And Bibby is not that guy...he was benched for Flip damn Murray, when we needed him most in the playoffs...

I wouldn't complain. I think Hotlanta will disagree. LOL. Our rebounding and defense (especially guards) will be the concern, if I had to guess...

Completely agree... The Hawks need Marvin's defense in that starting lineup

Joe can play D.. thats why at the end of games you see him switch over and guard a D Wade or a Paul Pierce

Yes at the end of games you see Joe lock down the top perimeter threat, why? Because it is impossible to play 40 minutes a night guarding the other team's best player while turning around and scoring and assisting on most of your own team's points. The problem still remains that Bibby can't guard PGs and Crawford hasn't shown the ability yet to guard anyone. So you replace having two +1 perimeter defenders to having only 1 and adding another -1 perimeter defender.

quick math

1+1-1=1

1-1-1=-1

see the difference?

Rondo didnt do shyyt his rookie year. He really wasnt all that special when they won the title either. See we dont have 3 all pro's to make up for a guy who cant shoot or do much of anything but play d and get hoops because nobody even bothers to guard him. We need Bibby and we will need Crawford. We need anybody who is a threat to score so teams dont play triple Joe. If we had Teague last year and he showed some real signs he belongs in the league and can hold his own then maybe we wouldnt need Bibby with Crawford here. Problem is we cant just say here kid get us back to 47 wins. He isnt Magic Johnson.

Edited by NJHAWK

Huh? Bibby was the Hawks' best offensive player throughout the playoffs.

:lol6:

I know some people hate to admit it, but Josh Smith was our best player (offensively and defensively) throughout the playoffs . . .

He was better than Joe Johnson . . .

He was better than Mike Bibby . . .

He was better than Al Horford . . .

He was better than Zaza Pachulia . . .

He was better than Flip Murray . . .

He was better than Marvin Williams . . .

Those are just facts. And it was not even close.

Edited by YP2K

• Premium Member

Yep. Good ole' Josh Smith.

The guy who shot 43% eFG was the Hawks' best offensive player in the playoffs. Yep, that's right.

No, it wasn't the guy who shot 58.5% eFG and led them in Ast%.

Yes, it was the guy that missed 10 shots in game 3, 10 shots in game 4, 10 shots in game 5, 10 shots in game 6, 11 shots in game 9, and 10 shots in game 10. Yep, he was the best offensive player in the playoffs.

No, it wasn't the guy who hit 26 three pointers in the playoffs or shot 21 of 22 from the free throw line. No, it wasn't the guy whose points were assisted 33% of the time, it was the guy whose points were assisted 77% of the time.

Silly me for watching all those games and getting frustrated with Smith's inconsistency. I must have imagined those announcers criticizing Smith's shot selection and his lack of concentration.

Silly me.

Edited by mrhonline

No, but we were blown out by Clippers at home with a Bibby-less team.

that game had nothing to do with Bibby or the PG position. The Clippers forwards went off that game and hit every shot they took. We beat Denver Bibbyless also. the same way we won every game Joe missed. the reasons these guys seem so important is because Woody runs everything through them. Bibby and Joe take all the shots.