• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would hate if we traded Chillz for Bowen!

JTB

Keep Bowen away from this team. He's as dirty as they come on the court. That's NOT the kind of basketball I want to see and that's NOT a good example for the young players on this team.

At the end of the day it's all about the W, dirty or not who cares?

• Premium Member
At the end of the day it's all about the W, dirty or not who cares?

I care. Playing the right way is something I value. I love gritty, physical play but sticking your foot under the foot of the opponent's foot/feet during a jumpshot so he will come down on it and possibly turn his ankle(or worse) is unnaceptable. Finley, Kobe, and Allen all experienced this same 'move' by Bowen. Anyone here who preaches maturity and good sportsmanship should not want a tool like Bowen on this team.

Bowen is 38 years old and nowhere near the defender he used to be. We really don't have any use for him anyway other than for a hard foul. No thanks. Five years ago I would have traded for him in a heartbeat, but he's been an overrated defender for years now.

Bowen is 38 years old and nowhere near the defender he used to be. We really don't have any use for him anyway other than for a hard foul. No thanks. Five years ago I would have traded for him in a heartbeat, but he's been an overrated defender for years now.

That's actually what SA sports writers are saying about Bowen now.

I don't think MIL is a good fit period now that Bowen is removed. Chad Ford suggested Bowen and a protected 1st for CHillz.

ShamSports shows that Bowen has a partially guaranteed contract. So I think the attraction is to trade for Bowen, a protected 1st round pick and then buy-out his contract. It resolves the Childress issue without a long-term salary cap hit. And we get an extra pick in the process.

But I personally wouldn't object to having him on our bench for a season. The moment he walks to the scorers table, the opposing team's best wing player will get distracted.

Like Billy Preston said: Nothing from nothing just leaves nothing.

Anything we get for Chill is better than nuttin.

I used to think that way as well. That is until I saw the Hawks are just 1.5 million under the luxury tax as of today (assuming Marvin accepts the QO and isn't signed to a long term deal) with 4 players left to sign to fill out the roster.

If we S&T Chillz we'll be in the luxury tax. I commended the Spirit for spending this offseason, however I won't lead a revolt on Phillips if they refuse to go into the luxury tax.

I used to think that way as well. That is until I saw the Hawks are just 1.5 million under the luxury tax as of today (assuming Marvin accepts the QO and isn't signed to a long term deal) with 4 players left to sign to fill out the roster.

If we S&T Chillz we'll be in the luxury tax. I commended the Spirit for spending this offseason, however I won't lead a revolt on Phillips if they refuse to go into the luxury tax.

If we match and then trade him to any other team sometime during or before the season, do we have to pay luxury tax? He is a great trade asset at mid-level salary.

1. Wouldn't want Bowen, but Kurt Thomas is better than nothing.

2. A matched contract Childress cannot be traded to the team that made the offer sheet and has to approve any deal for the 1st year.

3. What are those salary vs. luxury tax calculations? With the reported values of the various deals I thought we were around 5M below the tax while paying QO to Marvin, but I'm not willing to swear to it.

1. Wouldn't want Bowen, but Kurt Thomas is better than nothing.

2. A matched contract Childress cannot be traded to the team that made the offer sheet and has to approve any deal for the 1st year.

3. What are those salary vs. luxury tax calculations? With the reported values of the various deals I thought we were around 5M below the tax while paying QO to Marvin, but I'm not willing to swear to it.

Welcome EvilDallas to HS. I am sure you'll enjoy your time here.

1. Aren't we better off with getting Wilcox or some other big man with Kurt Thomas' salary?

2. We could trade Chillz to any team other than the Bucks, right?

3. Chillz salary will take us over the luxury tax. Check GSUteke's comments on that.

Welcome Evil D. Good to see you spread your knowledge here.

Looking at the roster for the Bucks I am shocked that Gadz played less than ten minutes a game with minimal contribution. His salary is higher but might be a better fit. Wonder if we could make this fit with the cap. Does not look probable.

I'd actually take one year of Bruce Bowen on the team over getting zero from Childress. People who think he'd turn us into the Broad Street Brawlers are nuts. He could teach the finer points of defending to our guys and possibly get into Smith's head with some of his "how to win" mentality (i.e.: no whining after every play, etc).

He would play minimal minutes. I see nothing wrong with it. The same people who would hate Bowen are the same who would have welcomed Robert Horry in a heartbeat. Same dirty player.

lol at some comments on this board.... WHo the f*** cares if Bowen is dirty or not, as long as he is on our team... Bowen is a warrior on defensive end at least he used to be, i would gladly welcome him to this team if he still has some of that...

i totally agree, I'd gladly take him. Woody isn't going to play mario so bringing bruce over just adds more depth that woody would actually use. He loves vets and bruce is definately that!!!

no in this case it doesn't apply. bowen is washed up AND dirty.

i'd like matt barnes instead.

No thanks on Matt Barnes. He does not bring anything but athleticism which we already have a ton of.

lol at some comments on this board.... WHo the f*** cares if Bowen is dirty or not, as long as he is on our team... Bowen is a warrior on defensive end at least he used to be, i would gladly welcome him to this team if he still has some of that...

Amen. I just think we could get better for Chillz.

People fail to realize when need veterans, especially veterans who are good at things that can be taught to our young players. Bowen has a lot to teach to ALL of our young players, and he just so happens to fill our void at backup SF. Who cares if he's not the elite defender he was 2 and 3 years ago ? He's still better than Mo Evans, and he's just as good a 3 point shooter. Can you imagine how a player like Bowen could help Marvin Williams' growth ? You need players like Bruce Bowen on your team, especially when we want to change the culture of our team. People focus too much on the tangible, measurable things people bring to the table. Besides, it's not like we're starting Bowen. In our rotation, he won't get more than 20 minutes. If Marvin goes down with another injury, who would you rather start Mo Evans or Bruce Bowen ? Give me Bruce.