• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is everyone overlooking Flip?

JackB1

At this point Flip is shellshocked. He's already lost PT and jobs to rookies Boobie Gibson and Rodney Stuckey, I doubt he feels confident beating out Teague. I mean it's one thing beating out Acie considering niether our current GM nor, supposedly, Woody picked him but for him to beat out Teague it would throw egg on both Woody and Sund's face considering they "jointly" scouted him. Honestly if the idea was to keep Flip all along then we should have just traded the pick and picked up value elsewhere.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it just depends on how much Flip wants or commands on the market. Many players right now who are expecting raises aren't getting them. One injury or trade and the three people getting 32 minutes each get cut down to two in your example. If it's for the right price we should sign Flip, if not let him walk.

As far as Teague goes, I think everyone should simmer down a little. People are acting like without PT in his first year he will never amount to anything. I say we should plan our roster as such that he will never see the floor. In the event that he earns PT and can't be kept off the floor you make a trade or cut someone like Flip.

LOL seriously man?

So just make it a redshirt rookie year? That's a complete waste of a year in his career. How could he progress?

LOL seriously man?

So just make it a redshirt rookie year? That's a complete waste of a year in his career. How could he progress?

You don't pay redshirts a million dollars though. For that amount of money plus the fact you only get two prospects in your "recruiting class" I would expect the brass would want to see some production this year.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

I keep saying this and again I'll say it...

IF WE WANT TO MAKE IT FURTHER THAN LAST YEAR WE EITHER HAVE TO:

A) resign both Flip and Marvin (reasonably @ 7-8.5 per) / start JCraw at SG with JJ a SF / Marvin (w/ starter mins) + Flip man the 2nd unit scoring = Deeper, More Dangerous Hawks team with explosive bench and balance

B) trade Chillz (rights) + Mo or Morris for a def big (Camby or similar) / sign M. Barnes + Wilcox (or similar) = More balanced defense and a little bit of cap relief

Edited by y2kenta

I would take Flip back for no more then 2.5 million. Teague isnt going to get significant minutes as a rookie...come on people, this is Woodson we're talking about. And I am not as enamoured with Evans like some of you, I think he adds very little on offense and his defense is overrated. I think getting Flip 15-20 minutes at PG, and 25 minutes at SG and SF for Crawford would work just nicely. In that scenario, Teague and Evans offer depth. Another idea is to take Evans contract and spin it into a veteran backup point guard.

LOL seriously man?

I'm just saying that we shouldn't plan for Teague to be a major contributor. In my mind later draft picks should not be expected to be a part of the rotation unless they earn PT. It's not a wasted year, especially if they crack the rotation. They still practice and experience the NBA for a year, playing in blow outs, when starters are out, etc. I think the message to someone like Teague is that if you want to play this year you have to work harder than you ever have. Don't expect any free opportunities.

That's my opinion. I'm not offended if anyone disagrees. That being said I hope he's awesome and we can't keep him off the floor.

Let me add, I don't get the talk that Woodson doesn't play rookies. Acie is about the only rookie that didn't really play under him and even he got opportunities.

Edited by Final_quest