Smith to the Bench?

HawkItus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever watched the Hawks? Maybe you'll notice when Smoove is out how easily teams drive to the basket. Try and pay close attention this year and you'll see what I mean.

They drive to the basket just as easily as when he is in the game. Your point would be?

Have you ever watched the Hawks? Maybe you'll notice when Smoove is out how easily teams drive to the basket. Try and pay close attention this year and you'll see what I mean.

With dude out the game teams easily drive to the basket?? Well any team with a penetrating PG can easily drive to the basket. Tony Parker slices every team doesn't matter who's on the floor. And nah I don't watch the hawks during the season but the playoffs tells all.

With dude out the game teams easily drive to the basket?? Well any team with a penetrating PG can easily drive to the basket. Tony Parker slices every team doesn't matter who's on the floor. And nah I don't watch the hawks during the season but the playoffs tells all.

Really? Then I find it hard for you to form any kind of opinion on the Hawks if you missed the 82 games they played prior to the injury plaqued team we had. I've read in other posts that you think Mike Bibby is a waste. If you saw him only in the playoffs, how did you come to that conclusion??

• Premium Member
I just think the way our team is constructed Smith would be more beneficial off the bench. Seeing as how we now have JJ and Crawford who could start and get the defense to collapse, we need a PF who can extend the defense. Put Marvin at the 3 pt. line where Smoove plays anyway, along with Bibby. Run iso Joe or Jamal. Or better yet let them run the same slip pick that Bibby and JJ ran last year. Horford is your banger inside. Marvin rebounds at a nice rate when asked to anyway. The second unit would benefit because you'd have Smith and Zaza to offset a none Offensive threat Mo. And if we sign Flip back we really have nice second unit with him and the rook at PG.

Nah.

Joe, Bibby, and Craw are all guys who can shoot from outside. Joe and Bibby are volume shooters from outside. Crawford represents a guy who can create off the dribble. There's not a need to stretch the defense any further. We need Smoove to rebound. Either Smoove or Horf needs to be an inside threat and I believe Smoove was working towards that. But what we really need is for Horf to develop a goto move over this summer. He has to have something in his repertoire that can score.

I just think the way our team is constructed Smith would be more beneficial off the bench. Seeing as how we now have JJ and Crawford who could start and get the defense to collapse, we need a PF who can extend the defense. Put Marvin at the 3 pt. line where Smoove plays anyway, along with Bibby. Run iso Joe or Jamal. Or better yet let them run the same slip pick that Bibby and JJ ran last year. Horford is your banger inside. Marvin rebounds at a nice rate when asked to anyway. The second unit would benefit because you'd have Smith and Zaza to offset a none Offensive threat Mo. And if we sign Flip back we really have nice second unit with him and the rook at PG.

this sounds like the orlando offense which only works cuz folks double team dwight or pay...horford would not have the same effect.

Really? Then I find it hard for you to form any kind of opinion on the Hawks if you missed the 82 games they played prior to the injury plaqued team we had. I've read in other posts that you think Mike Bibby is a waste. If you saw him only in the playoffs, how did you come to that conclusion??

Well that's because anyone who watches the NBA outside of the Hawks know the season doesn't start until the playoffs. Dude there's 82 games, it's a long season. You don't need to see 82 games of one team when they lose/beat up on teams like the knicks and wizards. It's a diff game in the playoffs where everyone plays hard. You think Kobe and the Lakers give it 100% everygame? I mean San Antonia pretty much took the end of the season off to what? Get ready for the playoffs, right? I didn't even bash the hawks, I just simply said Tony Parker can slice any teams defense. Josh Smith being on the bench doesn't make teams say ok, here's our window to score buckets now. Josh Smith and Bibby just don't do it for me. Rondo last playoffs went wherever he wanted on the floor with Bibby guarding him, and you know Josh isn't a great on ball defender. The playoffs expose ALL...You saw what happend to the Cavs and Mo Williams

All I ever saw from Josh was complaining to the refs about every call and he's not even that dude. If you had to put up with that 82 games and then some then wow...

Edited by LordOfNYork

Benching Josh would ruin him, we talk about him jacking up bad shots what do u really think he's going to do getting limited minutes? JACK MORE ILL ADVISED SHOTS IN ORDER TO GET HIS STATS!!! I really don't think he can handle coming off the bench, that would ruin him. Leave it the way it is, lets stop trying to mess with something that seems to be working so far, we need more time and more bench depth and I think we could make some serious runs. Get a legit big and hopefully Teague turns out to be the player we think he can and we'll be good

Well that's because anyone who watches the NBA outside of the Hawks know the season doesn't start until the playoffs. Dude there's 82 games, it's a long season. You don't need to see 82 games of one team when they lose/beat up on teams like the knicks and wizards. It's a diff game in the playoffs where everyone plays hard. You think Kobe and the Lakers give it 100% everygame? I mean San Antonia pretty much took the end of the season off to what? Get ready for the playoffs, right? I didn't even bash the hawks, I just simply said Tony Parker can slice any teams defense. Josh Smith being on the bench doesn't make teams say ok, here's our window to score buckets now. Josh Smith and Bibby just don't do it for me. Rondo last playoffs went wherever he wanted on the floor with Bibby guarding him, and you know Josh isn't a great on ball defender. The playoffs expose ALL...You saw what happend to the Cavs and Mo Williams

All I ever saw from Josh was complaining to the refs about every call and he's not even that dude. If you had to put up with that 82 games and then some then wow...

Exactly. It is a long season. It's long because they want to find out who's deserving of making the playoffs, seeding, homecourt advantage. If it wasn't meaningful, they wouldn't play as many games. Of course teams will rest their guys at the end, when their seed is locked up and they want to avoid injury. The Hawks used a similar tactic.

Knowing Kobe's work ethic, and him wanting to be the best, Yes, I do think he gives 100% when he's on the floor. Poor example with Kobe.

Bibby doesn't do it for ya? Fine. You're entitled to your opinion. My confusion is that Bibby, along with Smoove - the two guys that don't do it for you, we're the two most consistent players during the playoffs for the Hawks. Which, is the only time you supposedly watched them. If you're basing it strictly on the playoffs, my thoughts would be the JJ would be the player you have a problem with. But that's not the case. Probably because you see his numbers and All-Star appearances....during the regular season.

Exactly. It is a long season. It's long because they want to find out who's deserving of making the playoffs, seeding, homecourt advantage. If it wasn't meaningful, they wouldn't play as many games. Of course teams will rest their guys at the end, when their seed is locked up and they want to avoid injury. The Hawks used a similar tactic.

Knowing Kobe's work ethic, and him wanting to be the best, Yes, I do think he gives 100% when he's on the floor. Poor example with Kobe.

Bibby doesn't do it for ya? Fine. You're entitled to your opinion. My confusion is that Bibby, along with Smoove - the two guys that don't do it for you, we're the two most consistent players during the playoffs for the Hawks. Which, is the only time you supposedly watched them. If you're basing it strictly on the playoffs, my thoughts would be the JJ would be the player you have a problem with. But that's not the case. Probably because you see his numbers and All-Star appearances....during the regular season.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That was on point! lol

Wow, you don't think Kobe takes his foot off the pedal a few games? When he scores 11 against the Wizards, 10 against the mighty Hawks and some games only taking what? 10 or 11 shots from the floor? Knowing his work ethic and wanting to be the best. He has nothing to prove anymore especially in the regular season. He has MVP and this season shot for that 4th ring. I'm pretty sure Kobe is pacing himself throughout the regular season.

Dude about Johnson you have no clue. He sure isn't in my top 15. I have a lot of negative things to says about him and his passiveness lol. I don't too much care for Joe Johnson, but I'd take him over Josh and Bibby and make him a #2 option. No, I don't look at just numbers, if that were the case then I'd be agreeing with you when it came to Bibby and Smith due to they were the most consistent. I'm assuming you're talking about their numbers. If Josh Smith was your best guy on your team during the playoffs then the hawks have a problem. What was so consistent about Josh in the playoffs anyway?

Wow, you don't think Kobe takes his foot off the pedal a few games? When he scores 11 against the Wizards, 10 against the mighty Hawks and some games only taking what? 10 or 11 shots from the floor? Knowing his work ethic and wanting to be the best. He has nothing to prove anymore especially in the regular season. He has MVP and this season shot for that 4th ring. I'm pretty sure Kobe is pacing himself throughout the regular season.

Dude about Johnson you have no clue. He sure isn't in my top 15. I have a lot of negative things to says about him and his passiveness lol. I don't too much care for Joe Johnson, but I'd take him over Josh and Bibby and make him a #2 option. No, I don't look at just numbers, if that were the case then I'd be agreeing with you when it came to Bibby and Smith due to they were the most consistent. I'm assuming you're talking about their numbers. If Josh Smith was your best guy on your team during the playoffs then the hawks have a problem. What was so consistent about Josh in the playoffs anyway?

So, in that theory, a player must score a ton of points, or jack up a boatload of shots to prove he's playing hard? Besides that, the Lakers have talent all over the floor. When you play the Wizards, and win by 20 - like the game you mentioned - he didn't need to score 30. Do you think at game 22 during the regular season, Kobe is thinking to himself, I'm gonna slack on the floor, I need to pace myself for the playoffs in three months? It's Phil's job to make sure Kobe is ready for the playoffs. That's why you have a bench.

Consistent Hawk. Meaning that throughout the playoffs he contributed to the games in positive ways to help in the team in some fashion(s). Along with Bibby. They both played well when you look at the 09 playoffs as a whole. JJ, you didn't know what to expect...Marv and Horf, same thing - heck, we didn't even know if they were going to play. Zaza had his moments, game 4 at Miami sticks out to me. Smoove and Bibby were consistent.

We can agree to disagree, but I don't see you drawing an NBA check either Bus Boy. You don't like the idea cool. But, skp along with insults.

LOL I apologize. I see how maybe offensively it could make us a bigger threat with 4 guys who can knock down 3s sort of like Orlando, but we don't exactly have a Dwight Howard enforcer on the inside defensively.

With Horford at the 5, Josh Smith is pretty much necessary at the 4