• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer of Sund cont...

Swatguy

Sund so far seems to be up to task, in terms of facilitating a roster. Last offseason's roster fill sans Chillz allowed Woody to go to camp with "enough" pieces. Mo and Flip turned the off-season into better than average.

Right now it seems to me, we have to fill the same questions(pieces needed) than last off-season.

I'm saying: I'm not as comfortable as some are with a rookie as the backup Point guard. Sure Jamal can do the backup but if he does, who will back up Joe?

You do not contend for a title while developing guys who will be needed on the court. We need a vet to back up Bibs. If it is Jamal, we need one for Joe.

Not counting Randy we have 9 (Marvin will be signed) guys. we need two bigs and a guard.

What makes sense is Solo as one big and Flip as the vet combo.

The other big shall be agile, can rebound and defend. No one has mentioned Big Baby.

I like Big Baby. Big Baby ate Al's lunch at the end of the season. Baby ate a lot in KG's absence.

I like Big Baby or Wilcox for the Back up PF position.

Here it is:

BigBaby/Wilcox

Solomon

Flip

and go to camp. Whatayathink?

Edited by Swatguy

• Premium Member

The other big shall be agile, can rebound and defend. No one has mentioned Big Baby.

I like Big Baby. Big Baby ate Al's lunch at the end of the season. Baby ate a lot in KG's absence.

I like Big Baby or Wilcox for the Back up PF position.

Here it is:

BigBaby/Wilcox

and go to camp. Whatayathink?

Neither one can defend

We need a veteran that's going to defend the basket ala Rasho Nesterovic or Ben Wallace. Big baby does nothing to help us and Wilcox, although he's a solid player, doesn't really fill the need for a backup center.

We need a veteran that's going to defend the basket ala Rasho Nesterovic or Ben Wallace. Big baby does nothing to help us and Wilcox, although he's a solid player, doesn't really fill the need for a backup center.

Zaza is the backup center.

BB plays with a lot of energy and passion. As a Back up big I believe he is better than most. At his age, he has a lot of growth in his game.

Nesterovic is a stiff an Ben probably will retire.

Good offseason. We got Bibby, Zaza, and Marvin for slightly over what Bibby was making last season.

Crawford>>> Flip

Teague> Acie

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Zaza is the backup center.

BB plays with a lot of energy and passion. As a Back up big I believe he is better than most. At his age, he has a lot of growth in his game.

Nesterovic is a stiff an Ben probably will retire.

Zaza is the backup center because we don't have a real backup center. If you ask me, Zaza's position is really a PF. It is my understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that fundamentally, a center's role is to protect the basket on the defensive end. That's not what Zaza is good at.

Rasho's a little bit more graceful than Zaza and is a better shot blocker. He's no Mutombo, but he'd be a defensive upgrade over Zaza. Plus he can shoot the midrange jumpshot (out to like 20 ft.) fairly well too.

Rasho's a little bit more graceful than Zaza and is a better shot blocker. He's no Mutombo, but he'd be a defensive upgrade over Zaza. Plus he can shoot the midrange jumpshot (out to like 20 ft.) fairly well too.

I will admit that part of the reason I want Wilcox is because he's fun to watch. Rasho might be the better fit, so I think we should just get both of them.

:gift:

Flip will not be back... I still don't know which big we should go after yet. Some part of me wants to go after Magloire, but then that same part wants me to go after another big if we get Magloire. A bench of Zaza + Magloire doesn't seem to cut it for me...

i would chose wilcox who would be a great addition off the bench and is a great scorer season high 23 points and would have big games at times when hes hot and Rasho is a better defender and can score too but not as much as chris wilcox but rasho's season high 21 points but i would love to have drew ggoden whos better than both and is one of the best rebounders in the game and can score really well too and not half bad at defense i mean since were prolly not going to go after lamar Odom): :stop:

• Premium Member

Good offseason. We got Bibby, Zaza, and Marvin for slightly over what Bibby was making last season.

Crawford>>> Flip

Teague> Acie

At least Sund and Woody hope so

I've been preaching it the entire offseason, but Drew Gooden needs to be our primary target. He's scrappy and can rebound like crazy, especially offensive rebounds. Imagine both him and ZaZa on the floor and all the second chance points we'd get!

Here is some of his career numbers......

12 PPG

7.9 RPG

2.6 ORPG

28.1 MPG

Compare that to some other FA big men......

Chris Wilcox-9.3PPG, 5.3RPG, 1.6ORPG, 0.4BPG, 21.7MPG

Glen Davis-5.8PPG, 3.5RPG, 1.5ORPG, 0.2BPG, 17.8MPG

Rasho Nasterovic-7PPG, 5.3RPG, 1.9ORPG, 1.1BPG, 22.8MPG

I think Gooden's game fits here better than anyone else on that list. I think we need a PF type more than a center because ZaZa is too slow to guard PF's. Guys like Gooden, Wilcox, and Davis can all play center if needed to in a pinch.

It's not about guarding PFs with me. It's about someone protecting the basket when Josh Smith isn't in the game. Ever notice how the other team has lay up drills on us when Josh was either hurt or in foul trouble ?

It's not about guarding PFs with me. It's about someone protecting the basket when Josh Smith isn't in the game. Ever notice how the other team has lay up drills on us when Josh was either hurt or in foul trouble ?

Al's no slouch on defense. If Josh was on the bench, it was usually ZaZa and Horford on the floor together. If ZaZa was guarding opposing PF's, it would be a layup drill because he would frequently get beat by them. I love Zaza and think he's a great fit for the team, but not if we're going to expect him to guard PF's. If you put ZaZa on the floor with a guy like Rasho, you'd have 2 physical guys out there, but guys who are very slow. Teams could run breaks on us all night.