Merged: Apparently Acie sucking so far for Golden State..

TheDude

it's early of course, but from insidehoops.com-

"""

According to several Warriors staffers in attendance for summer league, Acie Law is not in the best of shape and seems to be lacking confidence. He's shown his ability to pass and court vision — he's found forward Anthony Randolph in transition on several occasions — but he's hardly done enough to make anyone believe he'll be competing for playing time this coming season. Contra Costa Times

The Warriors have the option of picking up the fourth year of Law's rookie contract (2010-11). But that seems unlikely at this point considering his lack of production and the fact he's most valuable to the Warriors as a $2.2 million expiring contract. Barring a trade or injury, he'll get another chance to prove himself in training camp. Contra Costa Times

""""

it's early of course, but from insidehoops.com-

"""

According to several Warriors staffers in attendance for summer league, Acie Law is not in the best of shape and seems to be lacking confidence. He's shown his ability to pass and court vision — he's found forward Anthony Randolph in transition on several occasions — but he's hardly done enough to make anyone believe he'll be competing for playing time this coming season. Contra Costa Times

The Warriors have the option of picking up the fourth year of Law's rookie contract (2010-11). But that seems unlikely at this point considering his lack of production and the fact he's most valuable to the Warriors as a $2.2 million expiring contract. Barring a trade or injury, he'll get another chance to prove himself in training camp. Contra Costa Times

""""

Not good. Lacking confidence? Where have I heard that before?

Speaking of shape, per Sekou, Bibby, Horford, Solomon, Randy all putting in some work today. Just another reason why I wanted Bibby back here. He just signed a 6 million dollar contract, but two days later, he out working with teammates.

• Premium Member

that could be good news for the Hawks. I would love to see Acie in a Hawks uni again.

• Premium Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/sportsheadlines/ci_12839636

Warriors' Acie Law not turning any heads in Vegas

By Marcus Thompson II

mthomps2@bayareanewsgroup.com

Posted: 07/14/2009 10:25:35 PM PDT

Updated: 07/14/2009 10:25:37 PM PDT

Related Stories

* Jul 14:

* Warriors' Randolph scores 42 points in summer league game

LAS VEGAS — Acie Law was one of the first players to emerge from the locker room at UNLV's Cox Pavilion on Tuesday. But the point guard was in no mood for conversation.

After spending much of his first two seasons on the bench in Atlanta, Law had expressed relief over getting out of Atlanta. He had said he was hoping the Warriors were his chance to finally show what he can do.

So far, not so good.

Law played 11 minutes on Tuesday, totaling five points and two rebounds. That gives him a grand total of 32 minutes the last three games. He played 32 minutes in the summer league opener.

According to the evaluation of several Warriors staff members in Vegas, Law is not in the best shape and he seems to be lacking confidence. He's shown court vision and the ability to pass — he's found forward Anthony Randolph in transition on several occasions — but he's hardly done enough to turn heads.

Warriors General Manager Larry Riley has said he wants a better passing team, which appeared to be Law's chance. But top pick Stephen Curry, who at the least is expected to back up point guard Monta Ellis, seems to have diminished the need for what Law brings.

The Warriors have the option of picking up the fourth year of Law's rookie contract (2010-11). But that seems unlikely at this point considering his lack of production and the fact he's most valuable to the Warriors as a $2.2 million expiring contract.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

It's gotta be Woody's fault that he's out of shape and lacks confidence. Damn you Woody!

If we win by 10 points its Woodys fault we didnt win by 20. If we win the nba finals in 5 games it will be Woodys fault we didnt win it in a sweep. I would not be shocked to see said threads started if this happened.

It's gotta be Woody's fault that he's out of shape and lacks confidence. Damn you Woody!

Lack of confidence, I'm sure stems from Woody. Being buried on the bench would wear on you mentally. Being out of shape, there's no excuse. He's relieved to be out of Atlanta and get a fresh start, and he shows up out of shape? Hopefully, for his sake, before fall he's take care of that issue.

Lack of confidence, I'm sure stems from Woody. Being buried on the bench would wear on you mentally. Being out of shape, there's no excuse. He's relieved to be out of Atlanta and get a fresh start, and he shows up out of shape? Hopefully, for his sake, before fall he's take care of that issue.

I hate hearing that in the early stages about Acie, but he needs to take more shots and make more shots. Stephen Curry is an aggressive offensive player and Acie has to be able match him to stay relevant...

Acie has to show he has the ability to take games over offensively. And he can't be afraid to fail. Golden State brought him there because they believed that he could have an impact. Acie needs to maintain a positive attitude ON THE COURT. If his shot isn't falling, play great defense, pile up the assists, but keep being aggressive and showing your coaches 'positive' on-court body language.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

How is this a surprise to anyone? Its only a surprise to those posters on the board that continually claimed that Acie should be our starter. They don't post here often anymore, I wonder why.

What do you mean? Diesel post here all of the time! :jumping11:

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member
Law played 11 minutes on Tuesday, totaling five points and two rebounds

this guy obviously has an agenda against Acie. 5pts 2 rbs in 11 minutes is pretty good.

I hate hearing that in the early stages about Acie, but he needs to take more shots and make more shots. Stephen Curry is an aggressive offensive player and Acie has to be able match him to stay relevant...

Acie has to show he has the ability to take games over offensively. And he can't be afraid to fail. Golden State brought him there because they believed that he could have an impact. Acie needs to maintain a positive attitude ON THE COURT. If his shot isn't falling, play great defense, pile up the assists, but keep being aggressive and showing your coaches 'positive' on-court body language.

+1000

i've seen a few of their games and although he's made a few good plays he's still playing timid and needs to fix that asap if he wants to stay in the NBA. It's summer league you're almost required to be a ball hog,especially when playing with Randolph,who's just like Smoove except with handle which means he doesn't like to give it to the guard in transition and Curry their prized lotto pick. He needs to step it up asap. He's hit a good amount of shots he's taken he just needs to be more agressive with the ball.

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

If I were on the payroll of the Hawks do you think I'd spend my day pretending to work while surfing Hawksquawk all day? Sheesh.

lol