• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

15 roster spot...

Diesel

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

These are the spots that are spoken for on this Hawks team. 8 spots = 7 left. Who makes the team.

1. Joe

2. Bibby

3. Crawford

4. Smoove

5. Zaza

6. Mo

7. Horf

8. Morris

Edited by Diesel

These are the spots that are spoken for on this Hawks team. 8 spots = 7 left. Who makes the team.

1. Joe

2. Bibby

3. Crawford

4. Smoove

5. Zaza

6. Mo

7. Horf

8. Morris

There is no spot for free agent big. Also I wonder if the Hawks will even use all 15 spots.

There is no spot for free agent big. Also I wonder if the Hawks will even use all 15 spots.

I think they will. They'll probably sign Marvin, Rio and Solo back and also sign Jeff Teague to his contract. Plus if we bring in another free agent big, that will leave us with 2 spots left. We're probably gonna fill those 3 spots with the players we're working out in mini-camp.

Edited by chillz01

i believe morris' contract is non-guarenteed (at least hoopsworld has him listed as such). if so, i say drop him and pick up siler. after marvin and teague though, it shouldn't make too much of a difference. any player ranked 10-15 in the depth chart will be lucky to see the floor. all you can hope for is someone with a little potential to help out 2 minutes at a time and will take care of the ball well enough not to screw things up too badly when they do play.

Edited by bird_dirt

Why is Teague even in the poll?

I'm pretty sure West will be back, as Woodson likes to have 'his guys.' I hope that's true about Morris' contract. That would give the Hawks more flexibility, and at least force him to compete with Siler and/or Solo. I'm hoping for Leo Lyons to make the team, as he would provide a different skillset than the other 4's (unless you count Marvin), in that he's a scorer.

Why is Teague even in the poll?

I'm pretty sure West will be back, as Woodson likes to have 'his guys.' I hope that's true about Morris' contract. That would give the Hawks more flexibility, and at least force him to compete with Siler and/or Solo. I'm hoping for Leo Lyons to make the team, as he would provide a different skillset than the other 4's (unless you count Marvin), in that he's a scorer.

Hey until Teague signs his deal you never know what may happen.

• Premium Member

What is surprising to me is that the majority believes that West will be back but nobody thinks Flip will be back.

Flip was better both offensively and defensively than West by the numbers. West was more active. Hawksquawk is saying that we will take activity over production.

What is surprising to me is that the majority believes that West will be back but nobody thinks Flip will be back.

Flip was better both offensively and defensively than West by the numbers. West was more active. Hawksquawk is saying that we will take activity over production.

No. West is cheap and Flip isn't. Simple.

• Premium Member

No. West is cheap and Flip isn't. Simple.

The longer Flip sits in FAcy, the cheaper he becomes. He won't be West cheap, but at the same time, this dude became our third scorer last year.I would happily give him Mo's contract.

Are you serious with these kinds of posts? I mean, really. This has to be a joke, right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Are you serious with these kinds of posts? I mean, really. This has to be a joke, right?

What are you talking about Floyd?

If you think that somehow West was better than Flip, then I believe you might be a Lifelong GT fan...

The longer Flip sits in FAcy, the cheaper he becomes. He won't be West cheap, but at the same time, this dude became our third scorer last year.I would happily give him Mo's contract.

I believe that Flip knows he can come back to Atlanta for at least what he got last year (likely more). He will probably test the waters around the league and come back if he does not get an offer to his liking.

I think hawksquawk is saying that Flip will get offered more money, from another team, who will have a larger role for Flip to play then what the Hawks can offer.

Atlanta would have Flip as there 8th man,off the bench, at best..........could be 9th man off the bench depending on what big we sign. Plus he is blocking Teague's development.

• Premium Member

I think hawksquawk is saying that Flip will get offered more money, from another team, who will have a larger role for Flip to play then what the Hawks can offer.

You mean that you have to actually explain this to Boy genius?