• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic and Barnes are close to a deal.

Their owner is committed. I thought we may have an outside chance at competing with them for the division. Now with the moves they made. Outside of them being hit hard with injuries and our young players making huge strides. I am ready to concede the division to them and concentrate on getting the 4th seed again.

I dont think having Vince and losing Turk helps them overall but considering Vince Carter is a Natural Born Hawks Killer it will sure make it easier for them to beat us. As for the Matt Barnes well just what the magic need another guy to drain 3's in our face.

Edited by NJHAWK

I dont think having Vince and losing Turk helps them overall but considering Vince Carter is a Natural Born Hawks Killer it will sure make it easier for them to beat us. As for the Matt Barnes well just what the magic need another guy to drain 3's in our face.

I think there is a chance the Magic could be better this season given the additions of Carter, Bass, Anderson and now, potentially, Barnes, off-setting the loss of Turkoglu and Lee.

It is amazing that Dwight Howard is the same age as Smoove, Marvin and Horford.

I think there is a chance the Magic could be better this season given the additions of Carter, Bass, Anderson and now, potentially, Barnes, off-setting the loss of Turkoglu and Lee.

It is amazing that Dwight Howard is the same age as Smoove, Marvin and Horford.

I wasn't so sure about them letting Turkoglu go and trading for Carter when it first happened because I thought they would try to fill out the roster with minimum type guys in order to keep the payroll in check. However, since they have resigned Gortat, signed Bass and Barnes and will potentially sign CJ Watson, I think they are definitely better ON PAPER.

Howard/Gortat

Lewis/Bass

Pietrus/Anderson

Carter/Barnes/Reddick

Nelson/Watson/AJ

That is STRONG. Four All Star caliber starters and a bunch of good role players. Seeing them in the Finals again wouldn't shock me if they stay healthy............TP

I wasn't so sure about them letting Turkoglu go and trading for Carter when it first happened because I thought they would try to fill out the roster with minimum type guys in order to keep the payroll in check. However, since they have resigned Gortat, signed Bass and Barnes and will potentially sign CJ Watson, I think they are definitely better ON PAPER.

Howard/Gortat

Lewis/Bass

Pietrus/Anderson

Carter/Barnes/Reddick

Nelson/Watson/AJ

That is STRONG. Four All Star caliber starters and a bunch of good role players. Seeing them in the Finals again wouldn't shock me if they stay healthy............TP

Is Barnes a shooting guard? I always thought he was a small forward.

Barnes is a combo F. Don't worry he listed a few guys out of place like Pietrus as the starting SF over Lewis and Anderson, a PF, at the backup.

Lewis plays PF for the Magic. I suppose it's possible that they could move him to SF but I don't know whether they had him at PF simply because of needing to play Turk at the 3 or if it's because they like his game at the 4. Right now the best guess is to base next years lineup off of last years.

Anderson will be Lewis' backup there unless Bass beats him out which is certainly possible. I can see Anderson playing some SF even though he didn't playing any minutes at SF last year.

Carter played almost 60% of his minutes at SG last year and I suspect that's where he'll be playing with the Magic.

If I had to guess with their depth chart next year it would be close to what Trace had except Barnes would be at SF and Anderson would be PF.

Howard/Gortat

Lewis/Bass/Anderson

Pietrus/Barnes

Carter/Reddick

Nelson/Watson/AJ

Lewis plays PF for the Magic. I suppose it's possible that they could move him to SF but I don't know whether they had him at PF simply because of needing to play Turk at the 3 or if it's because they like his game at the 4. Right now the best guess is to base next years lineup off of last years.

Anderson will be Lewis' backup there unless Bass beats him out which is certainly possible. I can see Anderson playing some SF even though he didn't playing any minutes at SF last year.

Carter played almost 60% of his minutes at SG last year and I suspect that's where he'll be playing with the Magic.

If I had to guess with their depth chart next year it would be close to what Trace had except Barnes would be at SF and Anderson would be PF.

Howard/Gortat

Lewis/Bass/Anderson

Pietrus/Barnes

Carter/Reddick

Nelson/Watson/AJ

Well you are right, part of why they played Lewis at the PF position is because Hedo can't guard tall forwards or SGs but in reality Lewis is a SF. Getting Bass allows them to go more traditional and I'm sure that the reason why they included Anderson in the Carter deal instead of Sean Williams or even Josh Boone is because he's a PF that can shoot similar to Lewis while offering more girth and rebounding at that position. Anderson can't play SF though, it would be similar to us asking Horf to play some minutes at SF for us, he doesn't possess the athleticism or speed despite his shooting ability to effectively play there. Redick sucks so we know he's going to be the 3rd guard leaving Pietrus and Barnes as the main Subs with Pietrus being able to play SG/SF and Barnes able to play SF/PF. Their starting lineup all depends if they want to repeat last year's succes by pairing Howard with a shooter or offer better post defense and rebounding while sacrificing some range and spacing.

I believe they'll stick with the old dynamic and start Anderson and let Bass come off the bench where he is comfortable.

Howard-Gortat-Anderson

Anderson?-Bass?-Barnes

Lewis-Barnes-Pietrus

Carter-Pietrus-Redick

Nelson-Watson-AJ

Pretty stacked team from the looks of it. Defense, shooting, rebounding. penetration, size.....I'd say they are my preseason favorites to win the east. I don't think they were expecting to make it to a finals last year but once they did they realized it was time to push up their time table and make moves to ensure repeat appearances, f*** the salary cap it's time to win now.

This Anderson guy is going to start over Bass? I'm not familiar with him, is he really that good?

Showed some promise in his rookie season, I wouldnt say he's better than Bass but he's a much better perimeter shooter at the PF spot which is what they prefered last season. For that reason alone is why I think he'll start over Bass.