• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PLEASE SIGN G. SILER!

y2kenta

• Moderators

But how do you find a diamond in the rough if they never play? This is why I can't get excited about any young undrafted players. They won't ever play. There will never be anyway to evaluate them even if they are good enough to play in the NBA.

A lot of these guys, like Chuck Hayes or Ben Wallace, played their way into the rotation. If they truly never play, they are useless. But if they show enough in practice to get a few minutes and take advantage of that time and earn their way on the court then they can pay off. The ones from the D-league or undrafted ranks who don't get off the bench typically don't amount to anything either.

• Moderators

Sorry Nesterivic is gone, Joe Smith sounds like he is headed back to Cleveland and Wallace to Detroit.

That is a reason to point the finger at our GM, not to get excited about Siler. If we are relying on Siler as a rotation player we are probably screwed.

We need people who can contribute today filling out our bench. That is my point.

If we can't get those guys, we should have brought back Solo since he can at least fill desparation minutes.

What we want to avoid is having to play someone like Morris or Siler, if he is indeed actually behind Morris at this point.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

That is a reason to point the finger at our GM, not to get excited about Siler. If we are relying on Siler as a rotation player we are probably screwed.

We need people who can contribute today filling out our bench. That is my point.

If we can't get those guys, we should have brought back Solo since he can at least fill desparation minutes.

What we want to avoid is having to play someone like Morris or Siler, if he is indeed actually behind Morris at this point.

I don't know what is going on! Other than Joe Smith we weren't rumored to be interested in any of the big men on the market. We were rumored to be interested in players like Jack and several other perimeter players before Bibby resigned but never any big men! This is beginning to annoy me a lot!

• Moderators

I don't know what is going on! Other than Joe Smith we weren't rumored to be interested in any of the big men on the market. We were rumored to be interested in players like Jack and several other perimeter players before Bibby resigned but never any big men! This is beginning to annoy me a lot!

I share your concern but am waiting until the offseason is done to truly judge Sund's performance.

What are you talking about? We reportedly contacted both Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess right after free agency began and before we resigned Zaza. Both turned us down. Woody talked about our pursuit of big men (specifically mentioning our pursuit of Wallace and McDyess) during a radio interview and he said that as soon as he got off the radio, he was going to contact Sund to see where they were as they "went down their big man list." Just because we haven't heard additional reports regarding the pursuit of specific big men doesn't mean that Sund hasn't reached out to them.

• Premium Member

What are you talking about? We reportedly contacted both Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess right after free agency began and before we resigned Zaza. Both turned us down. Woody talked about our pursuit of big men (specifically mentioning our pursuit of Wallace and McDyess) during a radio interview and he said that as soon as he got off the radio, he was going to contact Sund to see where they were as they "went down their big man list." Just because we haven't heard additional reports regarding the pursuit of specific big men doesn't mean that Sund hasn't reached out to them.

Only one visit and no commitments! Your faith is impressive. I have to admit that I was really pissed off that we didn't appear to compete with Denver to sign the Birdman. He would have been perfect for our team! Sund just appears to be too passive for my taste especially when everyone in the organization identified our front court as a priority this off season. And the only thing that has happen thus far is a subtraction from our already thin front court.

Only one visit and no commitments! Your faith is impressive. I have to admit that I was really pissed off that we didn't appear to compete with Denver to sign the Birdman. He would have been perfect for our team! Sund just appears to be too passive for my taste especially when everyone in the organization identified our front court as a priority this off season. And the only thing that has happen thus far is a subtraction from our already thin front court.

Birdman was never an option for anyone outside of Denver. Plenty of teams with cap space and the MLE would have pursued Andersen over the likes of Gortat yet didn't because there was never any realistic chance of prying him away from the support group he had built over there. I refuse to put any blame on Sund or claim him to be passive with any regard to the Birdman situation.

• Premium Member

I share your concern but am waiting until the offseason is done to truly judge Sund's performance.

agree. Now if the hawks start the season as is then he has to get a F.