• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PLEASE SIGN G. SILER!

y2kenta

Why?

UHHHH MAYBE BECAUSE WE NEED A BIG MAN (CENTER IN PARTICULAR)! SILER WOULD BE A GREAT FIT. HE REALLY SHOWS HUSTLE AND NOT ALL PLAYERS EVEN SHOW THAT. I MEAN HONESTLY DO YOU SEE MORRIS HUSTLING LIKE NOAH FROM THE BULLS. IF HE DID IM SURE HE WOULD BE ALOT MORE BENEFICIAL IF HE JUST HUSTLE. I MEAN REALLY WHY DO YOU THINK KING ZAZA IS PRETTY GOOD....................NAW IT AINT HIS SKILLS, ITS HIS HUSTLE HE SHOWS ON EVERY PLAY!

I do think Siler could turn out to be a free agent steal. He has all the tools from what I've heard. Size, Hands, and he's not clumsy or slow. I think he could really earn a starting spot in the league with enough time and work.

I think Kong Siler has a very good chance as in 80% to make this team. Who was the guy showing up (interviewed) in the Hawk video, written about in the AJC, or one of the hottest unknown name talked about after the Summer League??? It was Garret 'Kong' Siler! He is get too much attention not to make this team.

We need him to handle Shaq. The sad thing about that is that because Shaq got all the years he will have no chance because of the NBA Refs rules about giving the Vets the calls :rolleyes:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Sign he!

I think he would be a pretty good pick up. They really need an enforcer and he seems to fit the bill, if nothing else to give 6 fouls over a 10 minute period and have a big body to put on some of the bigger centers in the league.

• Moderators

Does anybody else wonder why a true 7 footer with talent wouldn't get drafted in a draft that was desperately short on big men? I haven't seen the man play so I won't say anything definitive, but this looks like a classic case of overhyping a local to me both by the press and many posters.

• Premium Member

Does anybody else wonder why a true 7 footer with talent wouldn't get drafted in a draft that was desperately short on big men? I haven't seen the man play so I won't say anything definitive, but this looks like a classic case of overhyping a local to me both by the press and many posters.

true. And you always have to wonder about a guy's hunger once he gets on. But still the reward far out weighs the risk when your talking about a guy this size making so little money.

UHHHH MAYBE BECAUSE WE NEED A BIG MAN (CENTER IN PARTICULAR)! SILER WOULD BE A GREAT FIT. HE REALLY SHOWS HUSTLE AND NOT ALL PLAYERS EVEN SHOW THAT. I MEAN HONESTLY DO YOU SEE MORRIS HUSTLING LIKE NOAH FROM THE BULLS. IF HE DID IM SURE HE WOULD BE ALOT MORE BENEFICIAL IF HE JUST HUSTLE. I MEAN REALLY WHY DO YOU THINK KING ZAZA IS PRETTY GOOD....................NAW IT AINT HIS SKILLS, ITS HIS HUSTLE HE SHOWS ON EVERY PLAY!

Well I wasn't convinced before but then when I saw that you typed in ALL CAPS IT CONVINCED ME. LET'S SIGN SILER NOW HE MUST BE AMAZING.

Siler is a center that can push other bigs around, and he shoots a high percentage from the field. That's what we need. I see nothing wrong with signing him.

How about talent? Just what we need ...another project that will never contribute.

We need a veteran(s) big man who is going to come in and give us quality minutes off the bench.

I don't think he's advocating Siler over a veteran. Anyone who wants Siler wants him in addition to a legitimate NBA player.

• Premium Member

How about talent? Just what we need ...another project that will never contribute.

We need a veteran(s) big man who is going to come in and give us quality minutes off the bench.

Talent is not everything. At his size heart and determination takes a front seat. Morris was a top prospect coming out of High School and turn to #$## when talent alone couldn't cut it.

that would be true, but the hawks won't be able to resign marvin and fill out the rest of the bench with vererans and stay under the luxury tax. they will have to sign undrafted free agents to fill out the roster on the cheapest contracts and siler will give the most (pardon the pun) bang for the buck. send him to the nbdl for a little while, and call him back up midway through the season once one of our other bigs gets injured.

• Moderators

well he HAS to be better than Priest was

Not according to NBA scouts who picked Priest in the first round of the draft and passed on Siler with picks in the 60's. That is what really worries me here. Priest was a waste of roster space and still was taken at the end of the first round. Siler wasn't given that much respect by the talent scouts.