• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solo to Pacers

HAWKSFAN89

I am starting to become less and less optimistist about the up coming season as we continue to miss out on signing bigs to very reasonable contracts. Nesterivic just signed for less than 2 Mil with Toronto and now this! We have only one player over 6'10" on the entire roster thus far which is crazy! In fact, there aren't even any rumor of us having any interest in available bigs and I find this strange. This club seems to be more focused on perimeter players than any other team in the league as evident by the amount this team has spent on guards and other perimeter players compared to what they have spent on big men. Sadly enough, we as Hawk fans will have to face the obvious reality that this team will not sign a significant big man this off season and maybe not even next season because it doesn't seem to be the focus of the team. If we sign someone, it will be some under sized player full of holes in their game that no one else thinks is worth a darn like Shelden William and think that we have done something. And many will go on satisfied to blame current Hawk players for the team's failures. What a shame though, this team could have accomplished a lot witha a few key pieces.

Losing Solo is going to make zero difference relative to our success next season.

Losing Solo is going to make zero difference relative to our success next season.

I believe his point was that we needed bigs this offseason yet have done nothing to acquire any and are actually losing some from our small stable. All we have for depth are Zaza and RandMo...... So basically all we have is Zaza

I believe his point was that we needed bigs this offseason yet have done nothing to acquire any and are actually losing some from our small stable. All we have for depth are Zaza and RandMo...... So basically all we have is Zaza

Who are all of these big men we could've acquired that would've realistically signed here? It's not exactly easy to find a rebounding, defensive, serviceable big man. Especially when you don't have money to sign them.

And, the offseason isn't over.

Edited by AtLaS

• Premium Member

If this post is in response to mine then I'm not sure how you concluded that the gist of my concern is about losing Solo!

Edited by Peoriabird

Never liked Jones and wanted the Hawks to go another direction.

I liked Solo enough to warrant a NBA minimum just because he gave us five good fouls, a rebound every now and then, a dunk every now and then a block every now and then. Losing him won't make a impact on us winning or losing games though. I wish him the best just not against us....

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

You can get five fouls and an occasional defensive play from quite a few players. I'd prefer that person on the Hawks to have some bulk. Six one way, though...

I read a funny blurb on a Pacers' board referring to their loss of Jack/Daniels and addition of Han/Solo.

You can get five fouls and an occasional defensive play from quite a few players. I'd prefer that person on the Hawks to have some bulk. Six one way, though...

I read a funny blurb on a Pacers' board referring to their loss of Jack/Daniels and addition of Han/Solo.

That is funny..... Jack Daniels or Hans Solo? Give me the Jack lol

Edited by Buzzard

I am starting to become less and less optimistist about the up coming season as we continue to miss out on signing bigs to very reasonable contracts. Nesterivic just signed for less than 2 Mil with Toronto and now this! We have only one player over 6'10" on the entire roster thus far which is crazy! In fact, there aren't even any rumor of us having any interest in available bigs and I find this strange. This club seems to be more focused on perimeter players than any other team in the league as evident by the amount this team has spent on guards and other perimeter players compared to what they have spent on big men. Sadly enough, we as Hawk fans will have to face the obvious reality that this team will not sign a significant big man this off season and maybe not even next season because it doesn't seem to be the focus of the team. If we sign someone, it will be some under sized player full of holes in their game that no one else thinks is worth a darn like Shelden William and think that we have done something. And many will go on satisfied to blame current Hawk players for the team's failures. What a shame though, this team could have accomplished a lot witha a few key pieces.

Maybe Woody has something up his sleeve. Maybe he is gonna make us a run-n-gun team. :question:

• Premium Member

Maybe Woody has something up his sleeve. Maybe he is gonna make us a run-n-gun team. :question:

If this is a copy cat league then the Hawks are sure doing a poor job at copying the teams that have had recent success! By the way, San Antonio just signed Theo Ratliff!