• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yahoo.com: Marvin Williams resigns with Atlanta

MrNique

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, I'm with you!!! i can't wait to see how much the young guys improve, and how Crawford is going to fit. I question whether or not he is going to be a better fit than flip?!

I think crawford is going to have more of an impact on the rotation than on the stat sheet. Flip had a career year and we're probably going to get a lil better from craw but it's not going to be a HUGE difference. He does make it alot easier for woody to sit joe at times and just try different lineups because of his length. Putting him at point and having joe at 2 and marv at the 3 gives us a good size advantage over alot of teams, I don't want that lineup starting the game because of defense but putting them on the floor 2gether at times gives us an advantage that we just don't have in the frontline (have to make up for it somewhere). Hopefully woody opens up the offense a lil and we run more.( I say this as I'm praying because I seriously doubt that it happens,lol) And I really don't think that we have to give up playing defense to run more on offense, plenty of teams have done it before everyone just thinks about phoenix because they were a recent team who tried it but it has worked before. Not saying it would make us a championship team just think it would make us better. We'll just see what happens. LETS GO HAWKS

Edited by jy21

I think crawford is going to have more of an impact on the rotation than on the stat sheet. Flip had a career year and we're probably going to get a lil better from craw but it's not going to be a HUGE difference. He does make it alot easier for woody to sit joe at times and just try different lineups because of his length. Putting him at point and having joe at 2 and marv at the 3 gives us a good size advantage over alot of teams, I don't want that lineup starting the game because of defense but putting them on the floor 2gether at times gives us an advantage that we just don't have in the frontline (have to make up for it somewhere). Hopefully woody opens up the offense a lil and we run more.( I say this as I'm praying because I seriously doubt that it happens,lol) And I really don't think that we have to give up playing defense to run more on offense, plenty of teams have done it before everyone just thinks about phoenix because they were a recent team who tried it but it has worked before. Not saying it would make us a championship team just think it would make us better. We'll just see what happens. LETS GO HAWKS

Did you know that, due to their wingspan, if we were to have the lineup of

Crawesome

JJ

Marvelous

Smoove

Horf

All link hands that they could stretch out over the entire 3 point line?

might be hyperbole but between Marv and Crawesome especially, those are some gangly muther*******!

Crawesome

JJ

Marvelous

Smoove

Horf

might be hyperbole but between Marv and Crawesome especially, those are some gangly muther*******!

lol thats what im saying, I hope woody uses this to help the team sometimes

Crawesome

JJ

Marvelous

Smoove

Horf

This is off topic but did you become a Hawks fan after the Crawford trade? We've had some interesting members here who become members after their favorite player becomes a Hawk and then they're gone when that player is no longer a Hawk.

Crawesome

JJ

Marvelous

Smoove

Horf

Of all the lineups we could put on the floor, this is the one I'm most interested in seeing. This is particularly true versus both ORL and CLE. Nelson in ORL and Williams in CLE have NO chance of guarding Crawford 1 on 1 and when they double, SOMEBODY is going to be open.

This is off topic but did you become a Hawks fan after the Crawford trade? We've had some interesting members here who become members after their favorite player becomes a Hawk and then they're gone when that player is no longer a Hawk.

No I was a Hawk fan before and was posting on this site before Crawful came to town. I did change my user name though being that I am a huge "fan" of Isiah era Knick players, I would snicker at them wherever they were castoff to. Oh the irony that one would end up on my favorite team :doh:

so so SO ready for the season to start

Until we get June and realize how pointless the season was.

And shoots the ball significantly worse than Marvin. Not to mention that Marvin plays more within the team concept than Josh.

Yeah, good ole Marvin. Drafted 2nd and is a 4th or 5th option. Great.

No I was a Hawk fan before and was posting on this site before Crawful came to town. I did change my user name though being that I am a huge "fan" of Isiah era Knick players, I would snicker at them wherever they were castoff to. Oh the irony that one would end up on my favorite team :doh:

Oh yeah you used to be Macecase ... hey at least we got one of the better Isiah era players.