• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hater or Supporter

AmishBoy

With all the negativity going on around here I just needed to vent about my worst experience being a Hawks fan. Even when we were 13-69 I saw the silver lining so it never got to me when people laughed at the team, but last year they made me want to explode at one point.

I live in LA now. Moved here last year because my woman needed to take care of her mom who lives here. She is here and her whole family lives here as well. Last year when the Hawks came to play the Lakers in LA there was a family gathering that night and I was the only Hawks fan in a house of about 13 lakers fans. I was feeling good because the Hawks were actually winning for the first time in awhile and I felt everyone needed to know the Hawks were an up and coming team as everyone had the view of the same old sorry Hawks.

So the game plays itself out and the Hawks straight stink up the joint. I'm in the back bedroom by myself watching this fiasco and thinking: of all nights the Hawks could stink, they pick this one. I wanted everyone traded. My brother-in-law takes the time to stop by the room, peak his head in, snicker, and leave. Nothing else, he just laughed. I was so pissed. Luckily her family is pretty good peoples, so most people just said, sorry about your team, and left it at that. I have to say the Lakers fans are serious about their team so they understand passion about a team and didn't rub it in.

I was a hater at that moment, but still at the same time a supporter because my anger was in wanting the team to be better and show better.

I understand where some posters come from with their comments and that they don't see a silver lining while others do but both are supporters.

With all the negativity going on around here I just needed to vent about my worst experience being a Hawks fan. Even when we were 13-69 I saw the silver lining so it never got to me when people laughed at the team, but last year they made me want to explode at one point.

I live in LA now. Moved here last year because my woman needed to take care of her mom who lives here. She is here and her whole family lives here as well. Last year when the Hawks came to play the Lakers in LA there was a family gathering that night and I was the only Hawks fan in a house of about 13 lakers fans. I was feeling good because the Hawks were actually winning for the first time in awhile and I felt everyone needed to know the Hawks were an up and coming team as everyone had the view of the same old sorry Hawks.

So the game plays itself out and the Hawks straight stink up the joint. I'm in the back bedroom by myself watching this fiasco and thinking: of all nights the Hawks could stink, they pick this one. I wanted everyone traded. My brother-in-law takes the time to stop by the room, peak his head in, snicker, and leave. Nothing else, he just laughed. I was so pissed. Luckily her family is pretty good peoples, so most people just said, sorry about your team, and left it at that. I have to say the Lakers fans are serious about their team so they understand passion about a team and didn't rub it in.

I was a hater at that moment, but still at the same time a supporter because my anger was in wanting the team to be better and show better.

I understand where some posters come from with their comments and that they don't see a silver lining while others do but both are supporters.

Man I feel your pain on that one! EVERY TIME the Hawks come here to Houston to play the Rockets we look like a bad high school team and I'm so pissed that I never want to watch the Hawks play again. And of course then I get on Hawksquawk and others are pissed and venting about it and it's just completely demoralizing but thankfully another game isn't too far away and we're back in high spirits again after a win.

I completely understand that way of thinking... But what gets me is when people drag out negativity through the offseason... We haven't even played a game, and people already are stating that this team isn't worth pulling for... That, to me, is not being a true fan... True fans believe even if times are bad... They believe...

My low point as a Hawks fan was a couple of years ago. The Hawks had just lost 9 of 10 and were playing at home against the Hornets. The Hornets were without Paul, Peja West and BJax but still ran the Hawks off the court.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270110001

I was thinking that i just need to stop watching the games altogether.

• Premium Member

http://www.nba.com/games/20040409/ATLCHI/recap.html

This was mine. It was actually a win, but one that proved to be SO costly.

Bob Sura had a triple-double, while Stephen Jackson, Chris Crawford, and Jason Terry all scored 20+ points, but none were on the team's opening roster the next year. Neither was the "I'm outta here" coach, Terry Stotts, who had this winner of a quote after the game:

"I'm happy for him," Stotts said. "Bob has been playing terrific for us. I'm happy for the guys who have been able to take advantage of a tough situation. Hopefully it will help their careers a little. Bob, Jack and Jason are out there helping themselves and hopefully helping their careers."

Draft pick Diaw was gone (thankfully) a few years later. Sadly, Jason Collier passed not long after. 2nd round draft pick Travis Hansen was off to Europe, Wesley Person retired, and Mamadou N'Diaye, well...who cares?

That lack of foresight STILL pisses me off. Instead of going all out for Dwight Howard, the Atlanta native, the Hawks allowed Stotts & Co. to win three of their last four and bump them to #6 in the draft.

http://www.nba.com/g...LCHI/recap.html

This was mine. It was actually a win, but one that proved to be SO costly.

Bob Sura had a triple-double, while Stephen Jackson, Chris Crawford, and Jason Terry all scored 20+ points, but none were on the team's opening roster the next year. Neither was the "I'm outta here" coach, Terry Stotts, who had this winner of a quote after the game:

Draft pick Diaw was gone (thankfully) a few years later. Sadly, Jason Collier passed not long after. 2nd round draft pick Travis Hansen was off to Europe, Wesley Person retired, and Mamadou N'Diaye, well...who cares?

That lack of foresight STILL pisses me off. Instead of going all out for Dwight Howard, the Atlanta native, the Hawks allowed Stotts & Co. to win three of their last four and bump them to #6 in the draft.

Man that will probably sting forever. I believe that we tried to give the Magic JT, Diaw, and both of our 1sts that year as well but they weren't biting. And to make matters worse I remember cheering that game and being pissed that they took Sura's TD away from him afterward.

Low points:

That loss to Orlando earlier this year.

That loss to Toronto... Forgot what year it was. But it was the same kind of game the Hawks had against Orlando.

The biggest is when the Knicks ran the hawks out of the playoffs.

Oh yeah that sucked big time too.

Then the Smitty trade.

... and of course seeing those PGs who shall remain nameless go on to be All-World.

Man I feel your pain on that one! EVERY TIME the Hawks come here to Houston to play the Rockets we look like a bad high school team and I'm so pissed that I never want to watch the Hawks play again. And of course then I get on Hawksquawk and others are pissed and venting about it and it's just completely demoralizing but thankfully another game isn't too far away and we're back in high spirits again after a win.

Yeah, I never look forward to the Texas triangle.

Oh yeah that sucked big time too.

Then the Smitty trade.

... and of course seeing those PGs who shall remain nameless go on to be All-World.

Looking it up, the Hawks averaged 75PPG in that series. After Deke got here, the team got very conservative and didn't do much to help the team. Ellis was big letdown.

I remember the team started out like 15-1 in 1997 and I thought the team was going to win it all. Truthfully, that Charlotte series wasn't much better than that Knicks series. But it just doesn't stick out as much as the Knicks series. Maybe because I never liked the Knicks. I don't know. But those two series did a lot to take the positivity out of me as a fan.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Looking it up, the Hawks averaged 75PPG in that series. After Deke got here, the team got very conservative and didn't do much to help the team. Ellis was big letdown.

I remember the team started out like 15-1 in 1997 and I thought the team was going to win it all. Truthfully, that Charlotte series wasn't much better than that Knicks series. But it just doesn't stick out as much as the Knicks series. Maybe because I never liked the Knicks. I don't know. But those two series did a lot to take the positivity out of me as a fan.

I hated the Knicks then and hated Sprewell at the time so that was the worst playoff loss ever for me.

That year we started out 15-1 I think we played the Rockets for that 16th game and we were both 15-0 at the time or something like that. Was that the lockout shortened season?

• Premium Member

I hated the Knicks then and hated Sprewell at the time so that was the worst playoff loss ever for me.

That year we started out 15-1 I think we played the Rockets for that 16th game and we were both 15-0 at the time or something like that. Was that the lockout shortened season?

My low post was seeing us trade Smith and Mookie in the same offseason and starting over with JR RIder and Rookies. That's a recipe for disaster. You all know the other one.

My low post was seeing us trade Smith and Mookie in the same offseason and starting over with JR RIder and Rookies. That's a recipe for disaster. You all know the other one.

You've been a fan since the early 50's so who knows what that other low moment for you might have been :ass:

Low points:

That loss to Orlando earlier this year.

That loss to Toronto... Forgot what year it was. But it was the same kind of game the Hawks had against Orlando.

The biggest is when the Knicks ran the hawks out of the playoffs.

That Knicks series has to be up there because I hate all things NY with a passion.

That said, my lowest point was the morning I heard on the radio that DerMarr Johnson had been involved in that car accident. One radio station was even reporting that he had died. I was really looking forward to Slim getting an opportunity to start at SG that year and finally living up to his potential. I still think it's sad that we will never know how good he could have been.

i drive to atlanta from florida with two celtics fans to watch a hawks celtics game a couple years ago.....both teams suck but atlanta had young talent that i knew could develop and boston was doing absolutely nothing....i bought NBA season plan and kept up, my celtic friends hadnt been paying to their team lately because they sucked..

we got beat last minutes of the game. ugh.

That Knicks series has to be up there because I hate all things NY with a passion.

That said, my lowest point was the morning I heard on the radio that DerMarr Johnson had been involved in that car accident. One radio station was even reporting that he had died. I was really looking forward to Slim getting an opportunity to start at SG that year and finally living up to his potential. I still think it's sad that we will never know how good he could have been.

Dang that's something I hadn't thought about in quite a while. He was a really good kid and I had high hopes for him. I'm glad that not only did he survive but that he was able to play again in the NBA.

My low point was just this past season. I've been a fan for as long as I knew what being a fan was, lol, and I was trying to do the same for my nephew so I took him to his first professional sports game this year. It was the snow game against cleveland, we were winning late in the 4th and of course "THE KING" got that phantom call at the end of the game and we lost. My nephew is only 6 and after that game he seemed to be completely turned off of the hawks and that just killed me. Once they're lost its hard to get em back, I know I prob shouldve taken him to another game but I wanted him to get the full feel of what it felt like at a hawks game. It wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't such a heartbreaking loss and then that left me trying to explain to him why someone like Lebron would get a call like that (superstar) and why they would call that on the hawks (disrespected team). I lost my lil man and its going to take some time to get him back!