• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F IT... This is what we ought to do...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I say we sign Johan Petro and Othello Hunter.

Joe Smith is probably going to the Pistons. The fact that nothing has happened with him is bad.

Petro is a 7'0 250 lb Center. I think he can be a good player off the bench and a project at the same time. Fire Morris.

From Petro in about 15 minutes per, I think we can get about 6 points, 6 rebs. He would be another set of fouls when we play the big boys.

I like Hunter. He's got good bones. I think that with work, he can definitely see more playing time.

Other guys I have considered are: Chris Mihm (established post game but coming off surgery). Shelden (good for rebounds, but would he want to play for Wood again?).

Why can't we find a Jason Thompson??

• Premium Member

I'd hoped that we would have heard something before now, but it is a waiting game. And I'd rather wait on Joe Smith before we look to Petro. But I think he's a good backup plan.

I don't think getting Petro would stop us from getting Smith. I see Smith as BU PF. Petro as BU BU C.

I just think that we ought to get something done while we have a chance to still get a guy like Petro.

I don't think getting Petro would stop us from getting Smith. I see Smith as BU PF. Petro as BU BU C.

I just think that we ought to get something done while we have a chance to still get a guy like Petro.

I see it the same way and I think we'll likely see a guy like Petro as our 3rd center unless for some reason they believe Morris should be that guy.

I think it's important to get Smith (or a capable backup PF) signed before we do anything else though since that (along with Marvin's contract) will dictate what we can spend on other players before we hit the luxury tax which I'm certain we won't go over this season.

I see it the same way and I think we'll likely see a guy like Petro as our 3rd center unless for some reason they believe Morris should be that guy.

I think it's important to get Smith (or a capable backup PF) signed before we do anything else though since that (along with Marvin's contract) will dictate what we can spend on other players before we hit the luxury tax which I'm certain we won't go over this season.

That would eliminate Siler if we were to sign those bigs. And rightly so . . . . . more than likely he is a project.

• Admin

Joe Smith is probably going to the Pistons. The fact that nothing has happened with him is bad.

Petro is a 7'0 250 lb Center. I think he can be a good player off the bench and a project at the same time. Fire Morris.

From Petro in about 15 minutes per, I think we can get about 6 points, 6 rebs. He would be another set of fouls when we play the big boys.

I like Hunter. He's got good bones. I think that with work, he can definitely see more playing time.

Other guys I have considered are: Chris Mihm (established post game but coming off surgery). Shelden (good for rebounds, but would he want to play for Wood again?).

I am cool with Petro and he would be a nice addition but we need a veteran more then anything. If we get Petro and Smith that would be great. I think we really need Smith on this team. I think the things he will bring off the court will be so valuable to this team.

I am cool with Petro and he would be a nice addition but we need a veteran more then anything. If we get Petro and Smith that would be great. I think we really need Smith on this team. I think the things he will bring off the court will be so valuable to this team.

Agreed. If you think back that was JJ's mantra a couple years ago: we need more vets. And I think Joe S would help both Al and Smooth mature and take the next step. Al in the moves he has on the court and Smoove in his mental approach to the game.

I agree that we should still be in the full-court press to get Joe Smith (this is where having the ASG instead of a single guy, ala Blank, really hurts).

A bu bu center from Petro or Swift is fine with me. I actually like Swift a little better than Petro as I see a little bit of a birdman attitude in Swift. The Hawks desperately need that quirky, all-out, damn the canons guy on the team.

• Premium Member

I agree that we should still be in the full-court press to get Joe Smith (this is where having the ASG instead of a single guy, ala Blank, really hurts).

A bu bu center from Petro or Swift is fine with me. I actually like Swift a little better than Petro as I see a little bit of a birdman attitude in Swift. The Hawks desperately need that quirky, all-out, damn the canons guy on the team.

I am a proponent of getting Swift too (if he's still playing bball. However, the damn the cannons guy will always be KING ZAZA!!!

3513257822_91f37d01fd_o.jpg

From what I've seen, the only similarities between Birdman and Swift are the tattoos and goofy hair. Maybe I just don't know, but I don't think Swift is anywhere near as active as Birdman is.

From what I've seen, the only similarities between Birdman and Swift are the tattoos and goofy hair. Maybe I just don't know, but I don't think Swift is anywhere near as active as Birdman is.

The handful of games I've seen Swift in, I was impressed with his energy and ability to hit the boards. The guy is very active. I don't know what his post skills are or what he can offer offensively, but the guy has a non-stop motor on the glass and that is what we need.

There's really no comparison between what those 2 bring. If Swift had half the heart that the Birdman has he'd be a border-line all-star. I used to be a fan of Swift years ago but he has failed to improve and has probably gotten worse than when he came into the league.

I say we go after Siler and Hakim Warrick or Pops before we think about Petro.

Chris Mihm is a big man I wouldn't mind having. He put up decent numbers as long as he is healthy.

Hell No to Sheldon Williams. I don't want him back at all. He is horrible!!!

If we can get Siler and one more young, athletic player then we could have a very powerful bench. Lets get Flip back as well!

There's really no comparison between what those 2 bring. If Swift had half the heart that the Birdman has he'd be a border-line all-star. I used to be a fan of Swift years ago but he has failed to improve and has probably gotten worse than when he came into the league.

I take it this means you've watched him play?

As I said, I've only seen him in a handful of games and in those he was very active and didn't back down. However, if that isn't his normal game, then, no we should pursue him.

Thanks for the info!

I take it this means you've watched him play?

As I said, I've only seen him in a handful of games and in those he was very active and didn't back down. However, if that isn't his normal game, then, no we should pursue him.

Thanks for the info!

I've seen a good bit of him although I'm certainly no expert. I just know that he doesn't always give 100% effort like Chris Anderson does, he hasn't improved over his years in the league and I think that people have given up on his "potential" by now as well. If I were going to sign a player like that I would probably take Petro over Swift since Petro at least has some size to him.

I'd hoped that we would have heard something before now, but it is a waiting game. And I'd rather wait on Joe Smith before we look to Petro. But I think he's a good backup plan.

I think the holdup is all about getting Marvin's name on the dotted line. I could be wrong but I think we sign a big within a couple of days of getting Marvin officially done. HOPEFULLY, that big will be Joe Smith but it could be someone else further down Sund's "big man list."