• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

End of the bench players to consider

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

I would like us to consider Othello Hunter, Gerald Green (Isn't his contract up?), Siler to compliment JT, Bibby, Craford, JJ, Mo, Marvin, Josh, Joe Smith, Horford, and ZaZa. I would rather lose Morris for another vet big and/or Siler.

Any others to consider?

W

If he's as good as advertised, I want Garrett Siler for the #12 man on the bench.

If and when we ever sign Joe Smith, how many roster spots will we have filled?

I know that there can be 15 players with 12 active.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Joe Smith and Garret Siler would put us at 12. We have also extended a QO to Mario West (not sure why we hasn't signed yet). If we don't get Rio, we may pick up another vet min PG that can ride the bench and fill in when needed (Juan Dixon, perhaps?).

Assuming the greatest remaining need is at SF, I think Gerald Green would be an excellent pickup for a minimum contract. If Korolev's shot is really as sweet as it was at the mini-camp, he might also be worth a look. I was advocating earlier for Rodney Carney but he'll want more than a minimum contract.

Guest Walter

Joe Smith and Garret Siler would put us at 12. We have also extended a QO to Mario West (not sure why we hasn't signed yet). If we don't get Rio, we may pick up another vet min PG that can ride the bench and fill in when needed (Juan Dixon, perhaps?).

Assuming the greatest remaining need is at SF, I think Gerald Green would be an excellent pickup for a minimum contract. If Korolev's shot is really as sweet as it was at the mini-camp, he might also be worth a look. I was advocating earlier for Rodney Carney but he'll want more than a minimum contract.

I like the Korolev mention.

I don't get the Rio love-fest. I just don't see the point of him. Heart but way over-matched in this league. Certainly a good practice player, I guess. Still, too many other players are more important or have more important skill-sets for this team (like Korolev).

W

Sasha Pavlovic should soon be available.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61195/20090818/suns_still_intend_to_waive_patient_pavlovic/

I feel he should be given a look for his defense and 3point shooting.

Unfortunately, the last position we need depth in is SG. We should be looking for 1 big man (hopefully Siler will fit the bill), a SF to split backup duty with Mo and a 3rd PG (potentially a PG-SG tweener).

Unfortunately, the last position we need depth in is SG. We should be looking for 1 big man (hopefully Siler will fit the bill), a SF to split backup duty with Mo and a 3rd PG (potentially a PG-SG tweener).

Sasha is 6'7" 235lbs and played the majority of his minutes last season at SF..........

I mentioned him with the intention of having him fight it out with Mo for the back-up swingman spot.

No thanks. You're correct that he played more at SF but he and the Cavs were far more effective when he played SG . 82 Games - Sasha Pavlovic

Sasha also had a $4.6M contract last year. I seriously doubt we're anywhere close to paying that much for a backup SF when we want to have enough cash left to resign JJ.

Edited by PDubATL

Nobody is going to pay him that amount period, not for his production and not in this economy so I don't see why his past contract that he is getting bought out of even matters to us. You'll also notice that he held opponents to a lower PER at SF than he did at SG and its not suprising that he would be on worse 5 man units if he's replacing the MVP at SF rather than playing next to him at SG. Either way is he any worse of an option than Gerald Green or Rodney Carney that you mentioned considering his vastly greater playing time both in the regular season and playoffs, aspects that this team should be interested in?

• Premium Member

Green is going to Cleveland.

Korolev should get a look in my opinion, I also like the idea of Green or Sasha. I think we all think that Siler is going to get signed so we don't really have to talk about him, I'm not sure who I would like to see at pg but i do think we need another one

Korolev should get a look in my opinion, I also like the idea of Green or Sasha. I think we all think that Siler is going to get signed so we don't really have to talk about him, I'm not sure who I would like to see at pg but i do think we need another one

Jason Hart? How about Stromile Swift or Pops Mensa Bonsa?? We should round out pretty good if we go ahead and take a chance on Big Siler and add 1 or 2 of the above suggestions. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jason Hart? How about Stromile Swift or Pops Mensa Bonsa?? We should round out pretty good if we go ahead and take a chance on Big Siler and add 1 or 2 of the above suggestions. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

#1 - I'd take either Pops Mensah Bonsu or Othello Hunter - they both are tough, energetic, bigs that hit the boards, and they both bring all out hustle to the bench...

#2 - I'm hoping to see Mario West come back....For all the reasons that he made the team the last couple of years, plus he'd be cheap and I heard he's imprvoed a bit....

Edited by y2kenta