• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Michael Jordan (Hall of Fame)

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK, I'm listening to Fox Sports AM this morning. There are two guys just railing on MJ for his speech to the HOF. They said that he lacked humility. That he's an arse. That he was a jerk...

I watched the HOF speech this weekend and I saw the ESPN coverage.. and I began to wonder, did ESPN spin me? However, I watched it again and I don't see the lack of humility.

So let me ask, What's your opinion of the MJ speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMMBWJJPjSE

I saw the whole speech last Friday night. I thought he was extremely arrogant.

David Robinon, Jerry Sloan, and John Stockton handled their speeches with much more class and humility then did Jordan. They were not trying to show up people who they interacted with from highschool to retirement like Jordan chose to do.

Jordan is an extrmely arrogant and competitive person. That is what made him so great on the court but makes him come across as a bit of an arse to many people when he speaks his minds true feelings.

Edited by coachx

OK, I'm listening to Fox Sports AM this morning. There are two guys just railing on MJ for his speech to the HOF. They said that he lacked humility. That he's an arse. That he was a jerk...

I watched the HOF speech this weekend and I saw the ESPN coverage.. and I began to wonder, did ESPN spin me? However, I watched it again and I don't see the lack of humility.

So let me ask, What's your opinion of the MJ speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMMBWJJPjSE

He could do without taking shots at Byron Russel, the coach that cut him in high school...and his kids!!! Why even say to your kids "I wouldn't want to be you"....I don't get it. Sorry, if I was his children and realized that me, my kids, my grandkids will never have to worry about money...ever. I would feel okay about it. I understand it's Michael Jordan, but he could have taken a different angle, IMO....

• Premium Member

Shame they edited out the part where Kanye busted in, declaring Bill Russell the greatest NBA player of all time...

Still holding out for someone to make a MJ/Peter Vecsey HOF-speech mix on YouTube.

~lw3

:laughing5: :laughing5:

• Premium Member

He could do without taking shots at Byron Russel, the coach that cut him in high school...and his kids!!! Why even say to your kids "I wouldn't want to be you"....I don't get it. Sorry, if I was his children and realized that me, my kids, my grandkids will never have to worry about money...ever. I would feel okay about it. I understand it's Michael Jordan, but he could have taken a different angle, IMO....

So often during his career, nobody ever knew what made MJ tick. It's very smug of us to recognize his greatness on the floor and think that he comes from the same place as the rest of us do? Him being so great was a byproduct of the very same mindset that we curse now. That mind set is reserved for the David Robinson's who will get up and thank their high school coach for the opportunity. Jordan thanked the guys who motivated him by standing in his way. That's what got him there. I don't think he's the only guy like that..

I see a lot of MJ in Brett Farve. Guys that lived for the competition. That would play until they were 50 if you let them. You can put a suit on him, keep him away from the Mics and tell him how to sound humble when he does speak.. but I think HOF gave us a chance to hear from the real MJ. Instead of being critical, let's just be accepting that this is who he is.. and you know retirement is killing him.

So often during his career, nobody ever knew what made MJ tick. It's very smug of us to recognize his greatness on the floor and think that he comes from the same place as the rest of us do? Him being so great was a byproduct of the very same mindset that we curse now. That mind set is reserved for the David Robinson's who will get up and thank their high school coach for the opportunity. Jordan thanked the guys who motivated him by standing in his way. That's what got him there. I don't think he's the only guy like that..

I see a lot of MJ in Brett Farve. Guys that lived for the competition. That would play until they were 50 if you let them. You can put a suit on him, keep him away from the Mics and tell him how to sound humble when he does speak.. but I think HOF gave us a chance to hear from the real MJ. Instead of being critical, let's just be accepting that this is who he is.. and you know retirement is killing him.

Yep I loved the speech it shows exactly why he was the best . He took things that most people would be perfectly fine with and used it as motivation. I think MJ holds everyone he mentioned besides Krause in the highest regard . The average joe got a glimpse of what created MJ and they turned away shocked as they still think of the smile and the gatorade commercial. The one thing I did notice that kinda shocked me ws that he didnt mention his ex wife. She was at home with the kids taking care of the house while he was out winning titles and gave him great kids I thought he would at least say thanks .

Also I think people forget that MJ's been a HOF player for over 15 years .This is the end of the road so it has to be hard being the alpha male of your generation basically in sports and seeing the book officially closed .