• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks aggressive rookie point guard Jeff Teague went for a vicious dunk and injured Josh Smith

buckeye242424

The first casualty of JBI is Josh Smith, who left during the first game today after tearing the webbing between his fingers on his left hand. He was going up to block Jeff Teague’s shot and caught his hand on the rim and needed seven stitches to close the wound. He’s fine, of course, but the action ended shortly thereafter.

------------

Don’t know that he’ll miss anytime. Training camp is two weeks away. He didn’t break anything folks, just needs seven stitches to close up a cut on his hand. Ariose is going off the deep end here. Ha.

-----------------

Josh will be ready for training camp. He should be fine for camp. Don’t start the panic train Ariose.

-------------

Just spoke with two people that confirmed Josh will be ready to go come training camp. Out 6-10 days from contact work but can still do everything else he needs to do. And should be cleared for full contact before camp.

The first casualty of JBI is Josh Smith, who left during the first game today after tearing the webbing between his fingers on his left hand. He was going up to block Jeff Teague's shot and caught his hand on the rim and needed seven stitches to close the wound. He's fine, of course, but the action ended shortly thereafter.

------------

Don't know that he'll miss anytime. Training camp is two weeks away. He didn't break anything folks, just needs seven stitches to close up a cut on his hand. Ariose is going off the deep end here. Ha.

-----------------

Josh will be ready for training camp. He should be fine for camp. Don't start the panic train Ariose.

-------------

Just spoke with two people that confirmed Josh will be ready to go come training camp. Out 6-10 days from contact work but can still do everything else he needs to do. And should be cleared for full contact before camp.

He's fine except for TEARING THE WEBBING on his hand. I've never had that happen but I've seen it back in high school playing baseball and it looks (and sounds) incredibly painful so if he's back in 6-10 days I'd be surprised unless he's wearing something padded to protect it.

He's fine except for TEARING THE WEBBING on his hand. I've never had that happen but I've seen it back in high school playing baseball and it looks (and sounds) incredibly painful so if he's back in 6-10 days I'd be surprised unless he's wearing something padded to protect it.

if it were a large tear (in length) it would probably take more than 7 stitches to close.

if it were a large tear (in length) it would probably take more than 7 stitches to close.

That's still more than enough to be very painful. In fact let's try a test. Take a piece of paper and put it between the webbing of your fingers and pull it very quickly and give yourself a nice little cut of say 1/16 of an inch which is probably not even long enough to require a stitch. Then try going to the gym and just getting sweat in it let alone compete with some of the best basketball players in the world at the rim. I'm betting that just getting sweat in it will be very painful and that's only a tiny cut.

That's still more than enough to be very painful. In fact let's try a test. Take a piece of paper and put it between the webbing of your fingers and pull it very quickly and give yourself a nice little cut of say 1/16 of an inch which is probably not even long enough to require a stitch. Then try going to the gym and just getting sweat in it let alone compete with some of the best basketball players in the world at the rim. I'm betting that just getting sweat in it will be very painful and that's only a tiny cut.

Owwww! Johnny Knoxville and co. did that very thing in one of the "Jackass" movies...I think the first, actually. They may have used the webbing of their toes, but same difference. Made me cringe....

I think it's safe to say that Smoove won't be doing much until training camp starts. My fingers are crossed that he's ready Day 1.

• Moderators

Damnnnnnn. why you'd tell me to do that? i never even made it to the gym. That hurt like a mofo. damnit crap.

Owwww! Johnny Knoxville and co. did that very thing in one of the "Jackass" movies...I think the first, actually. They may have used the webbing of their toes, but same difference. Made me cringe....

I think it's safe to say that Smoove won't be doing much until training camp starts. My fingers are crossed that he's ready Day 1.

Oh yeah that's right they did I completely forgot about that.

Damnnnnnn. why you'd tell me to do that? i never even made it to the gym. That hurt like a mofo. damnit crap.

Ha, that's only for gsuteke to do since he'd probably have 22 beers in him anyway and might actually try it :)

And if lemon juice doesn't help slam it in a door?

Come on man..."Princess Bride"...Billy Crystal's character? "Why don't you give me a nice papercut and pour some lemon juice on it?"....hahaha. Love that movie...

He cut his hand basically. He caught it probably where the rim holds the net. I did that once jumping a fence. Yeah it hurts but it's only a cut. In fact adrenaline kicks in so it probably sounds worse in print than it actually was. The phrase "ripped" was probably a little overboard.

He cut his hand basically. He caught it probably where the rim holds the net. I did that once jumping a fence. Yeah it hurts but it's only a cut. In fact adrenaline kicks in so it probably sounds worse in print than it actually was. The phrase "ripped" was probably a little overboard.

I don't know, I've seen someone "tear" their webbing trying to catch a baseball barehanded and it was awful looking and sounding. If you're right that he just cut it then it's not as bad and should heal clean but if it did actually tear or rip then I'm sure it was extremely painful and will take a while to heal completely.

The shoulder pads wouldn't work on your gal if she had much larger breast. Ha.

The shoulder pads wouldn't work on your gal if she had much larger breast. Ha.

My Dolphin chick is smokin' my friend - make not mistake about it. I did right by Dolfan even though he wanted to "stick" me with that photo of Abe over Mrs. ButterArm

Edited by gsuteke