• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wanna see a "Twilight Zone" moment?

mrhonline

How so? Its not like we ever had a chance to sign him after we resigned Z. Unless you feel that DA is a much better fit to our team than Z I just don't see how anyone can care about how he performs. DA wanted playing time and in Houston he could get enough for his standards but it isn't/wasn't feasible here. So we might as well get something for him as opposed to him continuing to play overseas.

It's not about whether we signed him or not, it's the fact that he looks like he can actually contribute in the NBA right now and who knows how long that has been the case and I'm certain we could have found a way to get him signed over the past couple of years and even this year I'm sure we could have found a way.

• Like 1

I think once Joe Smith actually plays, we should be able to determine how we really feel about not signing DA.

As our roster stood, had we signed DA he would have probably been the backup PF instead of Smith.

Comparitively, Smith is a seasoned NBA player with tons of regular and post season exprience. Woody loves his "pick and pop' capabilites. at his age though he prolly will suffer through some wear and tear this season and miss time here and there. 6'10 225 F-C

DA is an NBA rookie, but has years of pro basketball experience overseas. His jumper looks pure and that would make him a good pick a roll candidate as well. He is in those "prime" years of a player and looks to move around very good on the court. His health shouldnt be a concern for Houston. he is 6'11 and looks atleast 235-240 lbs PF-C

I think having DA here for multiple years instead of guys like Smith and Collins for just 1 season would have been a more ideal situation, but as mentioned, DA wanted a larger role. If he could really ball though, he surely would have earned more time.

For the short term, I think we got a decent deal. But 3 years from now when DA is still playing, Smith is retired and we are still signing journeymen bigs, we may feel worse about this.