• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First training camp cuts

DrReality

Hawks cut guards Aaron Miles, Frank Robinson

Associated Press

The Atlanta Hawks have made their first roster cuts of the preseason by requesting waivers on guards Aaron Miles and Frank Robinson.

Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon (7) looks for an open man as Atlanta Hawks guard Frank Robinson (14) defends Oct. 11, 2009.

Hawks Blog with Sekou Smith »

Miles, a former Kansas standout who played with Golden State in the 2005-06 season, and Robinson, from Cal-State Fullerton, were with the Hawks as training camp invitees.

Story continues below ↓

Miles scored 7 points in his only preseason game. Robinson averaged 0.7 points in three preseason games.

• Premium Member

Hawks cut guards Aaron Miles, Frank Robinson

Associated Press

The Atlanta Hawks have made their first roster cuts of the preseason by requesting waivers on guards Aaron Miles and Frank Robinson.

Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon (7) looks for an open man as Atlanta Hawks guard Frank Robinson (14) defends Oct. 11, 2009.

Hawks Blog with Sekou Smith »

Miles, a former Kansas standout who played with Golden State in the 2005-06 season, and Robinson, from Cal-State Fullerton, were with the Hawks as training camp invitees.

Story continues below ↓

Miles scored 7 points in his only preseason game. Robinson averaged 0.7 points in three preseason games.

I hate to say it but Mario West might be soon to follow. Juan Dixon is not doing too badly from the stats.

Dixon vs West for Backup gaurd

Hunter vs Sims and Silar for backup Big

my take

Hunter and Dixon if we take 2 players

West if we only take one player (he can gaurd 3 positions)

I went to the open practice on Saturday and Sims was the best (and ugliest) big man of the group by far. He played very well in the scrimmage. He was a defense nuisance and active space eater.

I hate to say it but Mario West might be soon to follow. Juan Dixon is not doing too badly from the stats.

I disagree completely. When looking for the last spots on the team, I think you're looking for players that stand out and Mario West is just that and Juan Dixon either. I only went to the first preseason game and Dixon wasn't a player that I notice but you always notice when Mario West is on the floor. Chances are these players aren't going to play much during the regular season and I would like to have a player that will give it all no matter how low the minutes is.

I really don't see Mario West getting cut from the team at all. He and Othello will re-take their spot if I have to take a guess.

I disagree completely. When looking for the last spots on the team, I think you're looking for players that stand out and Mario West is just that and Juan Dixon either. I only went to the first preseason game and Dixon wasn't a player that I notice but you always notice when Mario West is on the floor. Chances are these players aren't going to play much during the regular season and I would like to have a player that will give it all no matter how low the minutes is.

I really don't see Mario West getting cut from the team at all. He and Othello will re-take their spot if I have to take a guess.

Mario will not make this team for the simple fact that it's hard to justify that he is worth 1 million dollars. Othello will be cheaper and although the vets Dixon and Wilks would come slightly more expensive the NBA is who pays the majority of their contract not us. You have to consider finances especially when we know for fact that we will go into the season with only 13 players with 12 already under contract.