• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Statement Game?

Brotha2ThaNite

We had 3 so-called statement games early last year ( @ Orlando, @ New Orleans, and @ Boston ).

We won 2 of them and lost to Boston at the buzzer.

Those wins helped us get to the good start, but those wins didn't translate to the Hawks being a good road team. The Hawks lost way too many road games against mediocre and bad teams. The elite teams in this league feast on the lesser teams at home and on the road. Those same elite teams usually struggle on another elite team"s home court.

That's why when some of our fans freaked out over a preseason road beatdown, I downplayed it. Stuff like that happens on the road . . to EVERYBODY. But when you lose like that at home, it may be more psychologically damaging.

If the Hawks lose by 2 or by 20 against the Lakers, it really doesn't matter. It's still a loss.

But if they lose tonight, and turn around and beat Portland Tuesday night, that'll say a lot more to me than a Laker win. It's games against teams who are below or at our level, that we usually lose way too many on the road.

So if we beat the Lakers, but lose to Sacramento, will the Laker win really mean anything?

Edited by northcyde

If the Hawks lose by 2 or by 20 against the Lakers, it really doesn't matter. It's still a loss.

Eh, I'll agree and disagree. Yeah a loss is a loss, but some of those road losses last year were just flat out embarrassing. All I ask is for them to compete until the end.

• Premium Member

I think this could be a statement game. No one see us on the level of the Lakers.

Do you all expect of to win?

What would make you happy to see in this game?

Do you think this could be our early statement game?

Hope this is not a statement game for us. We are not ready for prime time!

Good game. Even though we lost we came back strong and put up a solid effort at the end. You have to remember we loss to a better team and a better coach. There is a reason Jackson has so many rings. Also Kobe was phenomanal in the 3rd quarter, yet another reason Kobe is Kobe. Other than that I think we had a great 4th and was really happy we didnt just give up. Teague and Joe Smith played really well.

We had 3 so-called statement games early last year ( @ Orlando, @ New Orleans, and @ Boston ).

Those wins helped us get to the good start, but those wins didn't translate to the Hawks being a good road team. The Hawks lost way too many road games against mediocre and bad teams. The elite teams in this league feast on the lesser teams at home and on the road. Those same elite teams usually struggle on another elite team"s home court.

That's why when some of our fans freaked out over a preseason road beatdown, I downplayed it. Stuff like that happens on the road . . to EVERYBODY. But when you lose like that at home, it may be more psychologically damaging.

But if they lose tonight, and turn around and beat Portland Tuesday night, that'll say a lot more to me than a Laker win. It's games against teams who are below or at our level, that we usually lose way too many on the road.

So if we beat the Lakers, but lose to Sacramento, will the Laker win really mean anything?

Beating Portland doesn't mean a damn thing. Portland is NOT an elite team. That's where a team strives to be. Portland is just another irreverent pretender like everybody not named: LA, SA, Orlando, Cleveland or Boston. Period. The rest of the league is irreverent.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I like your ideology on this one and think that the rest of our fans should take heath to the wisdom of these statements.