• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin will be headed to the bench..

frankthetank966

The saying "perception is reality" has some merit.

However, your perception is not reality............in reality.................if ya' catch my drift.

Here is reality:

In our 2 wins Marvin was far from " bad......damn near horrble."

12 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2 stpg, 1 bpg, 1.5 TOpg, .83 FT%, .40 FG%, .33 3pt%, 31.5 mpg, 6 FT attempts per game

Now I agree he was "bad.......and damn near horrible"........in the 24 minutes of playing time that he got last night vs. the Lakers but he played much better in the first 2 games..

Marvin was bad in the 2nd game as well.

He didn't seem to think he played well against the Wizards himself.

Here is a quote from Sekou :

{But Marvin can’t sleepwalk (as he says he did in Friday’s win over Washington) through the first three quarters against the Lakers and the Hawks expect anything but disaster.}

Marvin was bad in the 2nd game as well.

He didn't seem to think he played well against the Wizards himself.

Here is a quote from Sekou :

{But Marvin can’t sleepwalk (as he says he did in Friday’s win over Washington) through the first three quarters against the Lakers and the Hawks expect anything but disaster.}

I think Marvin has played three sub par games. But 14 pts in the 1st game and 9 boards in the 2nd game are solid contributions in winning efforts. He played poorly against the Lakers all the way around. I am not benching him for Evans, Evans sub par games are going to be a lot worse than 14 pts or 9 boards...a lot worse. Moving Crawford to the two spot will makes us worse defensively; which at 105 ppg, we are already plenty bad enough.

Edited by Buzzard

I think Marvin has played three sub par games. But 14 pts in the 1st game and 9 boards in the 2nd game are solid contributions in winning efforts. He played poorly against the Lakers all the way around. I am not benching him for Evans, Evans sub par games are going to be a lot worse than 14 pts or 9 boards...a lot worse. Moving Crawford to the two spot will makes us worse defensively; which at 105 ppg, we are already plenty bad enough.

Marvin has been pretty subpar on D this year. We will gain more than enough offense from Crawford to make it more than even out.

Marvin has been pretty subpar on D this year. We will gain more than enough offense from Crawford to make it more than even out.

Should have seen this coming. What player did Marvin play bad defense against or is this just a broad pen stroke that can't be verified? And if you think 9 boards from a SF is sub par, you must think AK of 6 years ago is the only small forward who has ever boxed his man out at a adequate level.

We are all entitled to our opinions but I don't see Marvin continuously letting guys blow by him without a body check, I don't see him not squaring up in front of his man, and I don't see him not boxing his man out. Maybe we watch two different games or you think defense is about something else other than good fundamentals...don't know; but one thing is for sure, we do have a different opinion on what is sub par defense.

• Premium Member

I believe Marvin(23) is just a little shell shocked about all the talent around him and where he can contribute without disturbing chemistry. This affects his rhythm but once he learns to get in where he fits in (plus some) I think he'll be quite alright.

Somebody get Marvin his blanky... and tell him we won't let that mean ole Crawford take his spot!!!

Somebody get Marvin his blanky... and tell him we won't let that mean ole Crawford take his spot!!!

Thats good! Marvin will be fine; just as JJ will, Smoove will, Horf will, and I hope Bibby will. Marvin has a fg % of .460 over his last two seasons, Think its a safe bet that he shoots his way out of this .333 slump pretty soon. Of course we could always just bench every starter who has a slump that last a whole three games or more; but if we did that, everyone would be on the bench by the end of December.

Edited by Buzzard

The saying "perception is reality" has some merit.

However, your perception is not reality............in reality.................if ya' catch my drift.

Here is reality:

In our 2 wins Marvin was far from " bad......damn near horrble."

12 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2 stpg, 1 bpg, 1.5 TOpg, .83 FT%, .40 FG%, .33 3pt%, 31.5 mpg, 6 FT attempts per gameNow I agree he was "bad.......and damn near horrible"........in the 24 minutes of playing time that he got last night vs. the Lakers but he played much better in the first 2 games..

Do u remember it at all? I sure don't. Please believe me that I want Marvin to be successful, I'm rooting for the guy but he's just hasn't showed up for the season so far. We all bash Josh for his dumb play, we bash bibby for his bad d, we talk about al needing to play bigger, Marvin hasn't been there this year so far.....thats it. Scheme or not he's just not there.

Funny. I seem to remember him playing close to shut-down defense each of the past two games. Why doesn't anyone ever compare his "horrible" offensive numbers up against those of Caron Butler (who Marvin outscored by 2-1) and Ron Artest (who scored 7 of his 12 points while Marvin was sitting).

It's amazing. I swear that people around here just fall asleep whenever the Hawks are on defense, and only wake up if someone gets a block or a steal.

???? Caron didn't play most of that game. I stated in an earlier post that I don't think we have anything on our team that would make us better OVERALL by benching Marv but I also feel like he's just not there so far. Idk if its bc i was expecting alot more from him this season or what but I have been VERY dissapointed with him so far.

• Premium Member

Thats good! Marvin will be fine; just as JJ will, Smoove will, Horf will, and I hope Bibby will. Marvin has a fg % of .460 over his last two seasons, Think its a safe bet that he shoots his way out of this .333 slump pretty soon. Of course we could always just bench every starter who has a slump that last a whole three games or more; but if we did that, everyone would be on the bench by the end of December.

Have you watched the last two games? It's rookie year all over again. I know for some reason I'm not supposed to comment on how terrible Marvin has been playing... me being so polarizing and all BUT DAMN.

How many times will he get the ball and just hand it to the other team?

Right now, Marvin offensively = Change of Possession.

He' s a COP.

His scoring is anemic.

Like I suspected would happen, Crawford is proving to be a better player and we're stuck with Marvin still starting because we're guilt ridden.

Still, I will watch and wait... and we will see.

Have you watched the last two games? It's rookie year all over again. I know for some reason I'm not supposed to comment on how terrible Marvin has been playing... me being so polarizing and all BUT DAMN.

How many times will he get the ball and just hand it to the other team?

He' s a COP.

His scoring is anemic.

Like I suspected would happen, Crawford is proving to be a better player and we're stuck with Marvin still starting because we're guilt ridden.

Still, I will watch and wait... and we will see.

Yes I have NBA league pass; same as the last two years. A three game shooting slump. Its the end of the world; you're right! Just bite the bullet and release Marvin now; or better yet, maybe we can get Garnett or even Lue back for him.

We are guilt ridden. You got a mouse in your pocket or do you always speak for the Hawk masses and management staff? And if you are waiting and hoping for Marvin to shoot .333 for the season; you are going to be waiting a long time for that one; hope you have plenty of corn dogs...

• Premium Member

That's weird. Because last time I checked, it was Josh and Horford who combined to turn over the ball nine times in the last game. Horford is my favorite player on the team, so unlike you, I'm not hating. I'm just pointing out, you know, what actually happened. Try it sometime instead of just taking every opportunity to bash Marvin. You're not as bad as one guy on Sekou's blog who posts ONLY to bash Marvin, but your love for bashing him is in the same ballpark.

Edited by niremetal