• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou Smith Leaving AJC

KDT88

Good for him. Sekou has been very kind to me personally (and HS in turn)

Since I got him to answer those ?s for us if I email him and ask him a question he always responds.

He referenced his dad in Michigan during one back and forth between us - perhaps he isn't married to the city of Atlanta.

Good for him. Sekou has been very kind to me personally (and HS in turn)

Since I got him to answer those ?s for us if I email him and ask him a question he always responds.

He referenced his dad in Michigan during one back and forth between us - perhaps he isn't married to the city of Atlanta.

I believe nba.com and nba tv are now run by Turner Broadcasting out of Atlanta, so Sekou, Smitty, and Micah Hart can make this move and gain a national profile, while also staying in town. Definitely a no-brainer. Makes sense that the ATL based guys are all jumping on these opportunities.

Good for Sekou. He is a good beat writer, I just hope he doesn't try to go into CBA type pieces on NBA.com, he showed that on AJC a couple of times that he doesn't have a grasp on the topic. But outside of the CBA, he is an excellent writer.

I think i'll take the position. They have been asking me to do it for quit some time...

LOL I'm going to go out on a limb and say that while you probably couldn't work for most papers with that sort of spelling you'd be perfect for the AJC as they specialize in poor grammar. Not that I'm some expert or anywhere close but then again I'm not paid to be either.

Back to the topic though congrats Sekou, I hope this is considered a promotion and hopefully you'll continue to build up interest nationally in our Hawks.