• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to Trade Marvin?

frankthetank966

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I was worried that Marvin's questionable work ethic would show up in spades after he got an extension beyond his rookie contract and its not looking good so far. He is showing zero drive, intensity or desire so far. If we could get something for him I'd trade him in a second but we can't just toss him out after a horrible ten game start to the season.

• Premium Member

I have my doubts that Marvin will come around. I have watched him and all the flaws that were always there are now more evident. The problem is that he's now more wide open than before. We can't trade him however... His value has plummetted and BYC.maybe this offseason.

R U Serious!! And this goes to all us Hawks fans who want to trade somebody who is still talented at 23. Marvin's a little off right now trying to refit in with a team with so many weapons and although might not be helping the team that much(at least on offense) he is not hurting the team(Hence 8-2 record). I don't care who you are you should not mess up a teams chemistry when things are going good. Marvin does fit good with our system he is just playing more of a utility role then a scorer. If other key players go down or competition increases than can you put a hit out on Williams and even then I say it's a losing situation (The return in most cases will not be better).

Patience People Patience Please !!

Its not just a slump he is in, and I agree it is a slump. He is not AGGRESSIVE, he does not run the floor like the rest of the team(including old Bibby) and his reaction is slow. It appears that he game is moving faster than he is thinking. He appears to be a smart guy, he might be over thinking the game. His defense is just O.K. nothing more.

Is it time to trade Marvin Williams? Our 3rd pick from the 2005 draft has gone invisible this season. After getting a hefty contract this off season he isn't even averaging double-figures in 27+ minutes. His field goal % is down to nearly 40%, he is shooting a horrific .250% from 3PT range and is not even averaging an assist a game. These are not impressive stats, nor are they stats you expect from your starting SF who is averaging over 25 ppg. Could the Hawks potentially deal Marvin and a future pick for a player who would fit in better with the Hawks system? Marvin plays solid defense but I have a feeling we could trade him and get a better defensive SF and better shooter.

What are your thought?

I think everyone wanted to trade Josh last year and we see how that woulda turned out.

People tend to forget this is a team game, and the team is 8-2. Don't fix what's not broke. Horf and Smoove have been spectacular. JJ is doing his thing. Bibby has accepted his role and producing. Crawford the same. Who's not playing well right now, Marvin. Doesn't mean I want to trade him 10 games into the season. Something to complain about, and it's Marvin. It's not realistic for every player on the team to be playing well. That's doesn't happen over the course of 82 games.

i think coach MIKE WOODSON needs to have a one on one talk with him like he did with jamal crawford and jamal started to do good and just went beats mode anyone else agree with me

Agreed.

I watched the 1st quarter against the Hornets again, and it looks like Hawks made a decision to get Marvin more involved into the offensive scheme. He is just in a bad shooting slump. Hopefully, this renewed attention in this home stand will help him come out of it . Lets see if he can exploit the absense of Outlaw tomorrow.

JJ + Jamal + Marvin all shooting 3 pointers far lower than their average. Bibby + Mo are shooting higher. When all of them will shoot at their career average% Hawks will score 4 more points (with same # of attempts). Law of average will shave some points off when our Free Throw % comes down to normal.