• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why dont we get a Center!?!?!

Teague0

Im knew to the board and i dont know if this topic has been beat to death, but i havent seen anyone else post anything about it. Al Horford is a PF not a Center and we are asking Josh Smith to play PF when he would obviously be much more dominant at SF. Has the coach addressed this as a need? Next year could we possible make a trade to fix this and get a Center, maybe send bibby off, or replace Joe with a Center if he is not resigned, and have- bibby PG, crawford SG, Josh SF, Horford PF, and a Center as the starting line up and have Marvin, and Teague and Zaza coming off the bench....to me this is the bext lineup to have. Bibby and Crawford have pretty terrible defence but having Josh, Horford, and another Center would still keep everyone from thinking about going in the paint. Plus Marvin Williams has not proven he is a starter and he would be a dominant bench player to have, and with joe out of the picture Teague would be getting plenty of minutes at PG and SG....Just an idea and something that has been bugging me let me know if this has been coverd already or if theres any flaws with it im not seeing.

You wait until the duo starts dominating to finally come on here and make this topic? We're fine. You don't have to be a big 7 footer to be successful at center and I don't want to see Smith at SF.

I went easy on him because he is a noob. His timing for this is less than stellar.

Hornets are beating the Suns by 6 with 27 seconds left.

:friends1:

Teague welcome to the board.

Smoove isn't a SF - in a perfect world you could put him at the 3 but he simply isn't a wing player.

In respect to the Hawks getting a true 5 - like someone else already said name one that's available.

You have to pay through the nose to get a 5 via a risky draft pick or overpaying in FA with and Eddie Curry / Sam Dalembert type contract.

But once again, welcome to HS

• Admin

Im knew to the board and i dont know if this topic has been beat to death, but i havent seen anyone else post anything about it. Al Horford is a PF not a Center and we are asking Josh Smith to play PF when he would obviously be much more dominant at SF. Has the coach addressed this as a need? Next year could we possible make a trade to fix this and get a Center, maybe send bibby off, or replace Joe with a Center if he is not resigned, and have- bibby PG, crawford SG, Josh SF, Horford PF, and a Center as the starting line up and have Marvin, and Teague and Zaza coming off the bench....to me this is the bext lineup to have. Bibby and Crawford have pretty terrible defence but having Josh, Horford, and another Center would still keep everyone from thinking about going in the paint. Plus Marvin Williams has not proven he is a starter and he would be a dominant bench player to have, and with joe out of the picture Teague would be getting plenty of minutes at PG and SG....Just an idea and something that has been bugging me let me know if this has been coverd already or if theres any flaws with it im not seeing.

This has been beat to death on this board but Smith is a PF and will always be. He is not at all suited to play sf. That is not the right position for him at all. Horford is a PF too but he is holding his own at Center. He is the only one playing out of position.

Teague welcome to the board.

Smoove isn't a SF - in a perfect world you could put him at the 3 but he simply isn't a wing player.

In respect to the Hawks getting a true 5 - like someone else already said name one that's available.

You have to pay through the nose to get a 5 via a risky draft pick or overpaying in FA with and Eddie Curry / Sam Dalembert type contract.

But once again, welcome to HS

I think it's fairer to say he isn't a 3 in our system (whatever that system is). If we had a center and power forward that could play well 15 feet from the basket and Josh could constantly cut then yes, he's a Small Forward. But in a system with a non penetrating point guard and isolation that requires the 3 to spot up from outside, he'd be a terrible fit.

If the team had say Gortat at Center and Bosh at PF and Deron Williams at the point, then Josh at SF would work well as both players can take their man away from the basket and the point guard can get penetration whenever he wants. But not in a system where the 3 has to play on the wings (like you see poor Marvin being forced to do on 80% of our offensive possessions).

welcome to the squawk, but as said earlier this is a dead topic. we are winning now so i dont see the need to get a true center.

I think it's fairer to say he isn't a 3 in our system (whatever that system is). If we had a center and power forward that could play well 15 feet from the basket and Josh could constantly cut then yes, he's a Small Forward. But in a system with a non penetrating point guard and isolation that requires the 3 to spot up from outside, he'd be a terrible fit.

If the team had say Gortat at Center and Bosh at PF and Deron Williams at the point, then Josh at SF would work well as both players can take their man away from the basket and the point guard can get penetration whenever he wants. But not in a system where the 3 has to play on the wings (like you see poor Marvin being forced to do on 80% of our offensive possessions).

Josh isn't an offensive threat from the Wing via a jump shot. Sure he can cut but as a 3 he needs to be able to stretch the D. Isn't the exact opposite of what we want Josh to do?

Also he doesn't defend well on the wing. he's a help defender, he needs to be on a big - not tracy McGrady.

I'll let Exodus argue you down on Smoove as a SF but even though I've thought to myself that the SF is his ideal position in reality it just isn't.

Josh isn't an offensive threat from the Wing via a jump shot. Sure he can cut but as a 3 he needs to be able to stretch the D. Isn't the exact opposite of what we want Josh to do?

Also he doesn't defend well on the wing. he's a help defender, he needs to be on a big - not tracy McGrady.

I'll let Exodus argue you down on Smoove as a SF but even though I've thought to myself that the SF is his ideal position in reality it just isn't.

No I think we agree. I think it's possible with system but again I agree it's not a good idea. I think he's finally bought into the idea that he isn't in that system and for our team that works out for the best.

At this point i think it is clear that the Smith at the 3 argument is officially dead. He is on his way to making the All-Star team at the 4.

Wonderful first post!!! :go ahead: lol

If we could just coax Shawn Bradley out of retirement......

Tell Rick Sund the whereabouts of the golden tree that centers fall from and I'm sure Rick will go get one.

Yeah, because we all know every team in the league is trying to get rid of a 7 foot center that is capable of starting....... :laughing5: