• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anti-virus programs

DJlaysitup

I've been trying to download a good free A/Virus program to kill all the Mal-Ware that has attacked my poor computer - but all have been dead ends. I'd prefer a free one...but if I've gotta pay, that's OK (better than enduring this constant BS I'm dealing with).

Figuring at this point that I'll have to spend a few dollars, I'd like to get one that really works. Any recommendations?

(P.S. - if this is a repeat of any recent posts I apologize)

I've been trying to download a good free A/Virus program to kill all the Mal-Ware that has attacked my poor computer - but all have been dead ends. I'd prefer a free one...but if I've gotta pay, that's OK (better than enduring this constant BS I'm dealing with).

Figuring at this point that I'll have to spend a few dollars, I'd like to get one that really works. Any recommendations?

(P.S. - if this is a repeat of any recent posts I apologize)

In my experience installing one after you're already infected isn't going to be completely successful but if you're looking for a good free program try the new Microsoft Security Essentials program. I've got it running on my computers for a couple of weeks now and haven't had any issues and it hasn't nagged me with any pop ups or anything.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

• Admin

Most antivirus programs aren't going to do anything for you for malware/spyware/adware etc. If you've got popups or annoying things like that, it's one of the previously mentioned problems, not a virus. The best program at the moment for this is Malwarebytes. You can get it at www.malwarebytes.org and it's free. It only works on demand.

For free a/v, google AVG.

• Like 1

• Admin

Most antivirus programs aren't going to do anything for you for malware/spyware/adware etc. If you've got popups or annoying things like that, it's one of the previously mentioned problems, not a virus. The best program at the moment for this is Malwarebytes. You can get it at www.malwarebytes.org and it's free. It only works on demand.

For free a/v, google AVG.

I use AVG for virus software as well.

For spyware/adware try Ad Aware and Spy Spot S & D

I use Trend Micro. Its not as well known in the public as Norton; but is used quite extensively in the corporate world. Have been using it for almost ten years; always catches them, and I will not change until it stops performing well. Its not free; but very competitive with Norton price wise.

Edited by Buzzard