• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Hornets

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Greetings, all

I’m at the homestead for this one and will be watching on the television as you all will.

Some thoughts and on we go.

Why the Hawks win tonight

1) Marvin Williams has gotten himself in a groove and has an exploitable matchup against Peja Stojakovic.

2) The Hawks asserted themselves as the better team a week ago. Their fourth-quarter run from the last game may linger somewhere in the Hornets’ collective memory.

3) Joe Johnson and Josh Smith played below their capabilities Friday. Bibby’s numbers weren’t outstanding, either. It’s unlikely it happens two nights in a row.

Why they won’t

1) They’re just due. It’s the second game of a back-to-back with a flight in-between. The Hawks haven’t had back-to-backs in the streak except for the start. Further, the Hornets have been home all week and come into the game on a day of rest.

2) Houston took a lot out of the Hawks Friday night. The Rockets are a relentless bunch, as the final three minutes of the game revealed.

3) …

View the full article

<p>Greetings, all</p><p>I’m at the homestead for this one and will be watching on the television as you all will.</p><p>Some thoughts and on we go.</p><p><strong>Why the Hawks win tonight</strong></p><p>1) <strong>Marvin Williams</strong> has gotten himself in a groove and has an exploitable matchup against <strong>Peja Stojakovic</strong>.</p><p>2) The Hawks asserted themselves as the better team a week ago. Their fourth-quarter run from the last game may linger somewhere in the Hornets’ collective memory.</p><p>3) <strong>Joe Johnson</strong> and <strong>Josh Smith</strong> played below their capabilities Friday. Bibby’s numbers weren’t outstanding, either. It’s unlikely it happens two nights in a row.</p><p><strong>Why they won’t</strong></p><p>1) They’re just due. It’s the second game of a back-to-back with a flight in-between. The Hawks haven’t had back-to-backs in the streak except for the start. Further, the Hornets have been home all week and come into the game on a day of rest.</p><p>2) Houston took a lot out of the Hawks Friday night. The Rockets are a relentless bunch, as the final three minutes of the game revealed.</p><p>3) …</p>

View the full article

I'll be SHOCKED if they win tonight. Lots of factors going against them. The Hornets have momentum coming of a big win and are rested.

I'll be SHOCKED if they win tonight. Lots of factors going against them. The Hornets have momentum coming of a big win and are rested.

Winning tonight would be about the 10th most shocking win of the season. Sure fatigue won't be in our favor, but we're a better team than New Orleans even with Chris Paul. Without him they definitely shouldn't beat us.

It is really easy to get caught up in putting some type of meaning on each game.

One might say we should beat New Orleans if we are for real, then they may say we have to beat Orlando at home or this is the same old Hawks.

Then, how can you lose to the Sixers after beating the Magic....and before you know it.....you have predicted the team to go 80-2.

I am just enjoying the ride now that the Hawks are finally good and realizing every one of the so called elite east teams have flaws just like we do.

This if anything is a trap game. We got Orlando coming after this but I think we can pull it out.

We got the usual suspects for our starting five. Hopefully we can be a force on the inside again.

Slow start for sure, Horford already has 2 fouls. If the Hawks can just ride out this hot streak by the Hornets, we will be in good shape.

Slow start for sure, Horford already has 2 fouls. If the Hawks can just ride out this hot streak by the Hornets, we will be in good shape.

Agree man. I dont think we could have shot much worse as a team yet we hung in there. Things should pick for us in the 2nd half; but the Hornets have some shooters even without Paul playing.

After our early success @Portland and @Boston, I was starting to be convinced that this team was going to play better on the road. But this game has looked just like an away game from last year or even the year before-- Poor shooting and lack of effort on defense. Hopefully it's just a fluke. If we really want to become an elite team and be grouped in with Cle/Orl/Bos, we HAVE to be able to win at least more than half of our games away from home. Until that happens, I don't care if we win every game in Phillips-- we'll remain a pretender.

Hello,

JJ is having an absolutely brutal game. Even worse, he so far only has two assists with 5 minutes left and shooting 4/14. While it seems the Media is catching on that we are a good team, the Ref's are giving us absolutely no respect. Furthermore, the Hornets are shooting lights out at the 3 Point line. (12/17)

All that being said, it really is JJ's, and surprisingly Smoove off nights that is making it look like we are about to get our third loss. Then again, back to back with traveling is pretty brutal.

Cheers,

JJ

Edited by Jungle Jack

Hello,

JJ is having an absolutely brutal game. Even worse, he so far only has two assists with 5 minutes left and shooting 4/14. While it seems the Media is catching on that we are a good team, the Ref's are giving us absolutely no respect. Furthermore, the Hornets are shooting lights out at the 3 Point line. (12/17)

All that being said, it really is JJ's performance that is making it look like we are about to get our third loss.

Cheers,

JJ

JJ is never going to maintain a high level of play over any real length of time. Most nights he is a volume shooter.

i'm so mad we are playing terribly tonight... teague looks like a rookie on defense and i don't get how anyone could say that he is our best one-on-one defender... he still makes too many mistakes and does not impress me with his "pass the rock to someone else to hold" offense... i wonder if woodson tells him to do this but still... jamal crawford, when he's off, is terrible... he needs to learn how to pass up on his own shot when he's cold... marvin williams was great last night but missed a few WIDE open shots... this team plays with no fire on the road unless it's against a major opponent which is a weak signifier... bibby got injured, so what? this team had a bad game i hope it's just that... i'm glad this team got smacked in the mouth at least we'll have some fire in our hearts going into the orlando game...

oh and the sky is falling

i'm so mad we are playing terribly tonight... teague looks like a rookie on defense and i don't get how anyone could say that he is our best one-on-one defender... he still makes too many mistakes and does not impress me with his "pass the rock to someone else to hold" offense... i wonder if woodson tells him to do this but still... jamal crawford, when he's off, is terrible... he needs to learn how to pass up on his own shot when he's cold... marvin williams was great last night but missed a few WIDE open shots... this team plays with no fire on the road unless it's against a major opponent which is a weak signifier... bibby got injured, so what? this team had a bad game i hope it's just that... i'm glad this team got smacked in the mouth at least we'll have some fire in our hearts going into the orlando game...

oh and the sky is falling

When Teague comes in he gives up layups.