Can We Have A Little Patience Please!

sillent

We (The Hawks) currently are not yet elite but taking the next step towards that goal. This is a process and a record of 11-4(tied for the best record in the 1st and 2nd spot in the East is not too shabby). The season is still pretty fresh and the Elite are trying to separate themselves early (which is an NBA custom). The exciting part is we have not yet played our bet basketball yet we are sitting on top with the Elite. We may have had or may have one of the toughest schedules in our conference and we haven't folded(much). We beat a tough Pacers team, a revamped Wizards squad that had/has high hopes out the gate. We are undefeated against an up an coming Portland team(meaning we won a tough home and away game), we destroyed an Elite team in the west in Denver at home and Celtics away. We beat a tough and scrappy Kings,Rockets and Miami team. We beat New Orleans and New York when we were supposed to win. My question is... why the Panic

Imagine a Josh Smith in the All-Star game after playing with all these other great players and really feeling like he can compete with anybody( This summer playing with a lot of his peers made him realize he needs to play smarter and to his strengths).

What about Jamal Crawford sniffing not only the playoffs but a chance to do something big when we get there even that much closer.

Joe realizing his money is on the line for the rest of the season and playing out of his mind.

Marvin is a competitor and will eventually find out how to fit in just fine on a daily basis.

Jeff Teague being a half a season in and more acclimated into our system and the NBA game.

Horford despite the defaults still being a double double machine.

And the rest of our vets doing what is needed to keep our team running as a well oiled machine.

Remember we are working towards being Elite and it will take a little time actually becoming what we and others believe we can be but we are taking the right steps. By the time we are in midseason we should be closer to being our best form and playing at the Elite level we are capable of playing which is scary (at least for the opposition) seeing that we are already still at the top of our conference and in the league. We are one loss away from being tied with the World Champions and still there is panic with some Hawk fans. Not being satisfied is a good mentality for players and fans alike but the disgruntled fans, that ridicule and hate just to hate nick picking a game or two in a 82 game season need to reconsider which team they need to be rooting for. True, there are Laker fans that wanted to get rid of Kobe but seriously it is a thin line between being dissatisfied and being ridiculous. With a record of 11-4 with our Hawks that have struggled for years can you really say you are dissatisfied and if not than the latter may apply.

I think JJ senses that this team can't take the next step and that's why he wants to leave.

He's been more vocal this year, more critical actually, than he has ever been. It's early in the season too. He is letting it be known that this team needs to compete for the Eastern Conference, or he's gone. I don't think he "wants" to leave, but business is business.

I avoid this place after a loss like that because I know it's nothing but negativity.

Anyone who followed this team when they won 13 games in an entire season, should not be complaining. This team has come so far. Because we aren't on pace to surpass the 96 Bulls, it's the end of the world? Please.

We are winning 75% of our games right now. That's over 60 games over the course of a season. If this team breaks the 50 win plateau and gets a top 3 seed, no one should be complaining.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

I avoid this place after a loss like that because I know it's nothing but negativity.

Anyone who followed this team when they won 13 games in an entire season, should not be complaining. This team has come so far. Because we aren't on pace to surpass the 96 Bulls, it's the end of the world? Please.

We are winning 75% of our games right now. That's over 60 games over the course of a season. If this team breaks the 50 win plateau and gets a top 3 seed, no one should be complaining.

You're right no one SHOULD be complaining but we already know they will!!!!

• Premium Member

I think our loss was a learning moment. We learned that we can dominate one of the best teamsin the East through rebounding and ball movement. We learned that we can also lose if we don't move the ball. I think that we have some maturity this year. We're not just beating teams, we are cruising through victories. The other night, Philly didn't win one quarter of play. This is us on the second night of a back to back and we just dominated. I think we are solidly #4 in the East and if you look again, we may be 3rd or 2nd.

• Like 1