Hawks-Knicks thread

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Hello, all-

Hope you’ll be somewhere to see the game. I’ve got to get down there before I get stuck in SEC traffic.

Things I’ll be watching 1) What do the Hawks do with Al Harrington? The former Hawk busted out for 21 in the first game and had control of the game in the first half. Watch for double teams if he gets it in the post.

2) Same question with Toney Douglas. Expect him to see plenty of minutes off the bench, as Nate Robinson is squarely in Mike D’Antoni’s doghouse. Douglas also went for 23. Perhaps Mike Woodson goes to Jeff Teague, who knows a little about defending Douglas from their ACC days, and might be a good match in quickness.

3) Can the good feelings of unselfishness from Wednesday keep going? The Hawks assisted on 37 of 52 baskets as they moved the ball around and found open shooters. Given the way the Knicks defend (109.1 ppg defensively, third worst in the league), I’d expect they’ll have a chance to do so.

4) How many points does Joe Johnson get? His last …

View the full article

3) Can the good feelings of unselfishness from Wednesday keep going? The Hawks assisted on 37 of 52 baskets as they moved the ball around and found open shooters. Given the way the Knicks defend (109.1 ppg defensively, third worst in the league), I’d expect they’ll have a chance to do so.

I think this is key. We may be able to beat the Knicks anyways...but maybe the guys have figured out that everybody can get their piece of the pie if we play unselfish ball too. I've certainly got nothing against getting his shots - I just hope he isn't frustrated and goes into full ballhog mode.

LOL . . did Smoove just get thrown out of this game? I'm following on Yahoo, and it said . .

J. Smith technical foul

J. Smith technical foul

So did he get one tech, or two?

LOL if he got tossed. The defense so far is bad enough. God knows we'd need him in the 2nd half. Oh well, time for Evans and Joe Smith to step up.

And is that Al Harrington out there, or Carmelo Anthony? He's trying to get 30 by halftime.

Man, what a terrible game so far. I guess another DNP for Teague...

And boy is Joe having an off night shooting the ball...again!

Looks like the threes aren't falling tonight, better have a change of plans for that and the terrible showing on defense Woody!

• Premium Member

Man, what a terrible game so far. I guess another DNP for Teague...

And boy is Joe having an off night shooting the ball...again!

Looks like the threes aren't falling tonight, better have a change of plans for that and the terrible showing on defense Woody!

Considering Chris Duhon is about to put up 40 points on Bibby, maybe it would be a decent idea to see if Teague can guard him.

The Knicks shot well from 3 but defense was absolutely horrendous in the first half. It was a parade into the lane in the second qtr. Woody has to get these guys to understand that they aren't good enough to win without defending night in and night out.

Also, anyone know how to fix a jump shot? Joe's seems to be broken.

Edited by jhay610

I'll ask again . . did Smoove get tossed?

I guess I'll know when the 2nd half starts.

Yes. One tech at the baseline (spot of the no-call) and another at half court. Evil Smoove rears his head.

The back to back techs were kinda harsh in my opinion, but Smooth had been griping earlier so there was probably a cumulative effect.

Edited by jhay610

Blame ALL the way around here. The players for playing ZERO defense, Woodson for sticking with the SAME OLE lineups when they weren't working...ug. It's game like this that separate us from Orlando, Boston, etc etc.

How does Teague get a whopping ONE MINUTE of PT even when Bibby was constantly abused by Duhon? I just don't know anymore...

Blame ALL the way around here. The players for playing ZERO defense, Woodson for sticking with the SAME OLE lineups when they weren't working...ug. It's game like this that separate us from Orlando, Boston, etc etc.

How does Teague get a whopping ONE MINUTE of PT even when Bibby was constantly abused by Duhon? I just don't know anymore...

This is the second game he doesnt change the lineup when we are getting whooped. He should have changed it up vs. Orlando but he just coninues to play the starters. its such a joke