Hawks-Knicks thread

Hawksquawk

Is this a joke? Our offense played fine. We scored 107 points. The Knicks hitting every freaking three point shot they put up in the first half is what killed us. Well that and a ref tossing Smoove for no reason.

My bad about the 100. So the 21 assist and 17.4% from three point line had nothing to do with it? We lost to a bad lottery team and could have one this game. Guess from your point of view we would finish in the lottery if we do not have Smoove. Which is valid. I just dont agree with it.

Edited by Buzzard

disappointed for what?? He didn't deserve to get ejected.. We sucked plain and simple, we played Zero defense. Joe had another terrible shooting night.Bibby sucked yet Woody kept him in. There is enough blame to spread around for everyone, not just smoove.

I swear some of you idiots don't know much about basketball.

• Like 1

Blame ALL the way around here. The players for playing ZERO defense, Woodson for sticking with the SAME OLE lineups when they weren't working...ug. It's game like this that separate us from Orlando, Boston, etc etc.

How does Teague get a whopping ONE MINUTE of PT even when Bibby was constantly abused by Duhon? I just don't know anymore...

i did not see the game but when chris duhon was in college before his major accident this guy was so quick nobdy could keep 2 feet in front of him so i can imagine him sidestepping bibby on the regular.

• Premium Member

My bad about the 100. So the 21 assist and 17.4% from three point line had nothing to do with it? We lost to a bad lottery team and could have one this game. Guess from your point of view we would finish in the lottery if we do not have Smoove. Which is valid. I just dont agree with it.

I'm not happy with the loss, trust me, this is yet another game where we completely played down to our opposition. We scored 107 points though so other than the 3 pointers never falling we didn't have a bad offensive night. It was letting Bibby get smoked to death on screens and picks and again just insanely lucky 3 point shooting from NY that they won.

We have a MAJOR PROBLEM with this 2nd unit defensively. If Crawford doesn't have it going offensively, we're either losing a lead, or seeing a deficit grow larger. Zaza and Joe Smith can't defend anybody. And Crawford's defensive awareness seems to be getting worse. Evans isn't much better. Even when they're on the floor mixed in with the starters, they still end up being the defensive weak link.

This team used to be able to grind out games by playing great defense in stretches. But now the 2nd unit can't even be trusted defensively, if they aren't making shots.

LOL . . I hate to say this, but a guy like Solo may have been useful tonight, with his shot blocking ability.

I wonder how Teague is playing defense in practice? To me, that's the easiest way for him to earn consistent playing time . . by playing defense. From what I've seen in the games, his on the ball defense doesn't look that good. The defensive awareness by Bibby and Crawford is just atrocious sometimes. LOL . . I hope Sund has Mario on speed dial, if these defensive efforts keep up.

I'm not happy with the loss, trust me, this is yet another game where we completely played down to our opposition. We scored 107 points though so other than the 3 pointers never falling we didn't have a bad offensive night. It was letting Bibby get smoked to death on screens and picks and again just insanely lucky 3 point shooting from NY that they won.

Yes we played down to them; and it is exactly how we played last season. This team just does not know how to consistently beat a lesser opponent.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Teams usually get luckier the more wide open they are.

I wonder how Teague is playing defense in practice? To me, that's the easiest way for him to earn consistent playing time . . by playing defense. From what I've seen in the games, his on the ball defense doesn't look that good. The defensive awareness by Bibby and Crawford is just atrocious sometimes. LOL . . I hope Sund has Mario on speed dial, if these defensive efforts keep up.

I have all but given up on Woody using his bench if we start off badly. Instead, I think it is much more likely he will pull our starters when they are playing well...

Teague defense has a ways to go I admit, but with Bibby getting DESTROYED out there, one would think Woodson would have at least brought in Teague to you know, play some slightly BETTER defense? Besides, Bibby wasn't doing much on the offensive end to make up for his TERRIBLE defensive showing.

But hey, I'm just trying to use a little common sense is all...

disappointed for what?? He didn't deserve to get ejected.. We sucked plain and simple, we played Zero defense. Joe had another terrible shooting night.Bibby sucked yet Woody kept him in. There is enough blame to spread around for everyone, not just smoove.

So you are in support of childish and profane rants by grown men on the court? Typical Josh response from you. Lose the crush and look at it objectively.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe had a bad shooting night? Really? 12/24 for 29 points 8 assists and 8 boards? WOW. I hope to hell he keeps shooting THAT badly.

As for Smoove, I wonder how much money that ref had on this game. Smoove did nothing to get the first technical and then the second was just to get him out of the game. You can't tell me that wasn't fishy.

Actually, Smoove's first tech was a silent uncalled tech that happened after Smoove gathered a rebound and tried to go back up with it (in the first) and felt he was fouled. He stopped and Barked loudly at the ref... Very loudly. When the ref did nothing, I knew that something would happen... so the ref "Rasheed Wallaced" Smoove.

Actually, Smoove's first tech was a silent uncalled tech that happened after Smoove gathered a rebound and tried to go back up with it (in the first) and felt he was fouled. He stopped and Barked loudly at the ref... Very loudly. When the ref did nothing, I knew that something would happen... so the ref "Rasheed Wallaced" Smoove.

I agree. I think that ref WANTED to throw Josh out of the game.

We have a MAJOR PROBLEM with this 2nd unit defensively. If Crawford doesn't have it going offensively, we're either losing a lead, or seeing a deficit grow larger. Zaza and Joe Smith can't defend anybody. And Crawford's defensive awareness seems to be getting worse. Evans isn't much better. Even when they're on the floor mixed in with the starters, they still end up being the defensive weak link.

This team used to be able to grind out games by playing great defense in stretches. But now the 2nd unit can't even be trusted defensively, if they aren't making shots.

LOL . . I hate to say this, but a guy like Solo may have been useful tonight, with his shot blocking ability.

I make these comments every night in the chat. Matter of fact, as soon as the 2nd player from the 2nd unit is inserted into the game, I make a mental note of the score.

Marvin at the pf doesn't work a little, moderately, anytime. He is just to soft in the paint on both ends of the floor. What else can you say about Bibby, Duhon highest scoring output in roughly 82 games.

Mike Bibby for Felton, get her done before it's too late. They both have severe weaknesses but I'll rather deal with Felton's.

I swear some of you idiots don't know much about basketball.

You're the idiot, now keep it moving

So you are in support of childish and profane rants by grown men on the court? Typical Josh response from you. Lose the crush and look at it objectively.

Yeap I am I love it, so move on. What's done is done nothing can change it. GET OVER IT!!!

I understand that Smoove likely crossed the line last night...but it's not like the NBA refs (in general) are Bishops and Popes. They have their own issues with game fixing and the like. Kicking Smoove out of the game at home on SEC weekend should bring the wrath of God (Stern) upon them. This would have been a very entertaining game if JS was in there blocking shots and slamming A-oops at the end. All the ref had to do was walk away - or - go over to Woody and tell him that he better sit the kid down and calm him down or he was going to toss him.

If Smoove gets a game suspension for being thrown out by a dumb arsed ref with a chip on his shoulder????? You want (need) a guy with fire in his belly. There are very few Larry Birds (guys who can turn it on and turn it off at will).

That said - yes - Smoove apparently acted like a juvenile. Anybody who has watched him throughout his young career would have seen something like this coming. Still, he didn't punch anybody nor did he commit a flagrant foul....it should have been handled better. IMHO.