• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why isn't the media trashing Cleveland & the Trailblazers for losing to bad teams?

Blunt91

Last week someone started a thread stating the Laker announcers and Jeff Van Gundy were talking trash about the Hawks. Saying we don't need to be on National TV, after losing to the Knicks. Well The Blazers lost to the Knicks this week and Cleveland lost to the Grizzlies last night. Those are playoff caliber teams who lost to perennial bad teams. So why isn't anyone talking Sh&t about them?

Edited by Blunt91
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You do realize Portland has like, what, half their roster hurt now?

As for Cleveland, they get a free pass from the media because of James. In fact the only thing I remember hearing about that game was James scoring 42 but not enough as the Grizz won in OT

Last week someone started a thread stating the Laker announcers and Jeff Van Gundy were talking trash about the Hawks. Saying we don't need to be on National TV, after losing to the Knicks. Well The Blazers lost to the Knicks this week and Cleveland lost to the Grizzlies last night. Those are playoff caliber teams who lost to perennial bad teams. So why isn't anyone talking Sh&t about them?

True. Cleveland didn't look like big shots last night.

Well, I didn't see the broadcast, but I'm assuming they were going over that night's scores and Van Gundy was joking and didn't just say that out of nowhere. Most of the national media will treat the Hawks as pretenders until we beat a team we're not supposed to beat in the playoffs.

Well, I didn't see the broadcast, but I'm assuming they were going over that night's scores and Van Gundy was joking and didn't just say that out of nowhere. Most of the national media will treat the Hawks as pretenders until we beat a team we're not supposed to beat in the playoffs.

We've already done that though . . . with the win @ Boston.

Instead of Van Gundy, Jon Barry was teamed with Mark Jones and Mark Jackson.

No . . the topic wasn't that we were a pretender. They all believe that we're for real. Even to the point of Jon Barry saying that we all know who the top 4 teams are going to be, and we also know that there won't be any upsets in the first round. Mark Jackson disagreed, citing that Miami could pull off a 1st round upset, strictly because they have Dwyane Wade.

The topic now is . . can we be an elite team? They cited the bad losses we had on the road to lesser teams, plus the Knicks loss, as proof that we're not elite yet.

LOL . . duh?

They definitely believe that we're for real though. Just maybe not good enough to overtake Orlando and Boston. They have Cleveland down on our "level" right now, as the team we have to fight it out for to get the 3rd seed.

We've already done that though . . . with the win @ Boston.

Instead of Van Gundy, Jon Barry was teamed with Mark Jones and Mark Jackson.

No . . the topic wasn't that we were a pretender. They all believe that we're for real. Even to the point of Jon Barry saying that we all know who the top 4 teams are going to be, and we also know that there won't be any upsets in the first round. Mark Jackson disagreed, citing that Miami could pull off a 1st round upset, strictly because they have Dwyane Wade.

The topic now is . . can we be an elite team? They cited the bad losses we had on the road to lesser teams, plus the Knicks loss, as proof that we're not elite yet.

LOL . . duh?

They definitely believe that we're for real though. Just maybe not good enough to overtake Orlando and Boston. They have Cleveland down on our "level" right now, as the team we have to fight it out for to get the 3rd seed.

I was referring to what I guess were JVG's comments last Friday, not tonight's broadcast.

As far as our "bad" losses, the Charlotte game and to a lesser extent the NO game don't bother me that much. @Charlotte was a trap game coming off a west coast swing where the Bobcats couldn't miss and we couldn't hit anything. The Hornets game was very similar. Honestly, I was more disturbed with the second half of the Magic game on Thanksgiving than our play in those two. It's the losses to Detroit and NY that really annoy me.

I really think we can beat Cleveland or Boston in a playoff series. At full strength, we can simply outrun those teams. I don't think we can handle Orlando. They have a huge advantage in Howard and they excel in the one area we seem to really struggle with defensively, guarding hot outside shooting teams.