• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sometimes you wonder...

Supporter

Watching tnt halftime of the Magic and Heat game. Charles and Kenny are doing their little analysis or whatever you want to call it. Charles Barkley goes on to say that there are only 2 elite teams in the east, the Magic and the Celtics. He addresses the Hawks and Cavs as "solid" teams, and then goes onto say that he doesn't even want to mention the Heat in the same sentence with the Celtics and Orlando. I take a glance at the scoreboard, and what do you know, the heat are leading the Magic by about 15, the same Heat who don't belong in the same sentence with the Celtics or Magic. Does Charles Barkley even watch the games?????

He watches enough to know a random regular season game means little to nothing when it comes to winning a championship.

Exactly.

And that's why Hawk fans shouldn't freak out if we lose badly every now and then if we lose badly, ( especially if that game is on the road ). And Miami can't be compared to anybody, seeing all of the bad losses they have this year, compared to good wins.

So which is the real Miami Heat? The one that was up 20+ on Orlando ( haven't checked the final score of this game yet ), or the one that got throttled by Memphis in South Beach last Sunday night?

Still, I thought Charles should have given credit where credit is due, rather than bashing the Heat when they are actually winning.

If Charles always did what's conventional, he wouldn't have been where he is in life.

(Magic team) * (Magic team's energy today) <<<<< (Heat Team) * (Heat team's energy today)

although

Magic >>>>>>>> Heat.

Hey, Charles just put us on the same level as the Lebrons. That's more than most of the national media. Let's be glad.

No WAY. We aren't good enough to watch him throw his pixie dust in the air.

Still, I thought Charles should have given credit where credit is due, rather than bashing the Heat when they are actually winning.

So any time a lesser team beats an elite team during the regular season the media should say that they are better or equal to that elite team? The 96 bulls lost to a 21 win toronto team once. Doesn't mean they were in the same league.

Just like the heat are not even close to the magic. If the heat wins 50 games this season they will have overachieved significantly and performed above everyone's expectations. If the magic only win 50, they will have underachieved and disappointed many people.

• Moderators

I'm not convinced that the Magic are that much better than we are. Sure they have a weapon that's hard for us to stop but if we play physical I think we're on their level.

The Celtics I'm not sure about. I thought they'd struggle a little more this season but its a long season for old legs. We'll see if they can stay healthy.

To be on the brink of being a top team in the East or NBA is a major accomplishment.

I'm not convinced that the Magic are that much better than we are. Sure they have a weapon that's hard for us to stop but if we play physical I think we're on their level.

The Celtics I'm not sure about. I thought they'd struggle a little more this season but its a long season for old legs. We'll see if they can stay healthy.

To be on the brink of being a top team in the East or NBA is a major accomplishment.

I don't think the Magic are that much better overall either but head to head they blow up everything we do defensively and offensively so I give them the edge all day every day.