• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks are off to the BEST START in franchise history

coachx

Congrats to the Hawks !!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Best Pro Franchise in Atlanta hands down !

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63581/20091223/hawks_equal_best_start_in_team_history/#

"We started with a bunch of babies six years ago, 18, 19, 20-year-old kids, and they've grown," coach Mike Woodson said. "The ownership has given me the latitude to continue to coach this team and our core guys have been together now four years and that makes a big difference."

The Hawks tied the 1986-87 team's start. That team featured Dominique Wilkins.

Edited by coachx

Congrats to the Hawks !!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Best Pro Franchise in Atlanta hands down !

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63581/20091223/hawks_equal_best_start_in_team_history/#

Long time coming. Good times right now! Keep it rolling.

Good quote by Woody, and it's true. Later on in that article, the President of the Wolves mentioned that he's looking at how the Hawks, Blazers, and Thunder have performed their rebuilding projects as a model to his own...made my head turn a little. The Hawks?? Really?? A model for success? Then again, can't argue with the results the last couple of years. But, it's just weird to read something like that.

Good quote by Woody, and it's true. Later on in that article, the President of the Wolves mentioned that he's looking at how the Hawks, Blazers, and Thunder have performed their rebuilding projects as a model to his own...made my head turn a little. The Hawks?? Really?? A model for success? Then again, can't argue with the results the last couple of years. But, it's just weird to read something like that.

Thats music to Kurt Rambis, and all other lottery team coaches, around the league. Patience is coming back in vogue.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

A rebuilding project like ours requires both a commitment and patience throughout the process. Fans (rightfully so in many cases) want to win now. Could you imagine where we would be had we sacrificed some of our young talent for a short term fix?

Despite their bad record, NJ has a chance to really move forward given they have a veteran PG in Harris and an up and comer center in Lopez. IMO they are a few pieces along with developing chemistry from being a dangerous team.

A rebuilding project like ours requires both a commitment and patience throughout the process. Fans (rightfully so in many cases) want to win now. Could you imagine where we would be had we sacrificed some of our young talent for a short term fix?

Despite their bad record, NJ has a chance to really move forward given they have a veteran PG in Harris and an up and comer center in Lopez. IMO they are a few pieces along with developing chemistry from being a dangerous team.

That's the truth, patience and committment, But, are most NBA organizations and cities willing to wait 6 years to get where we are now? It's a well known fact that our owners had the legal battles going on for years that may or may not had an effect on what the team was going to do. If you would have asked me three years ago if Woody would still be our coach, I would have laughed. I thought he was our transition guy....take all the lumps, let our young kids mature and bring someone else in. Well, I'm happily wrong. But our drafts, the GM leaving..I dunno.

One thing is for sure. Keeping players together and growing up (JJ, Smoove, Marvin) and getting LUCKY adding the pieces that fit (Bibby, Horford, Craws) = 20-7 start. Luck has a part, like getting Bibby and Craws for garbage and of the course the "lottery" picks...

One thing to be said for rebuilding our way. When you miss in the draft you get another chance the following year. That's not true with bad signings and trades that cripple your roster for years.

You think the Pistons are still happy with their big signings? The only thing they can do is trade their junk for some other junk now.

U

Loving the results this year. Let's see how things are in February before we get excited though.

Um NO!!!!!! Ima hawks fan, ive been waiting on this for far to long, ima take advantage of this n b happy now n just pray that it last.

U

Um NO!!!!!! Ima hawks fan, ive been waiting on this for far to long, ima take advantage of this n b happy now n just pray that it last.

I'm not only a Hawks fan but an Atlanta sports fan. I've learned that tempering excitement is a necessity when it comes to Atlanta sports. We've got a long season ahead of us.

I'm not only a Hawks fan but an Atlanta sports fan. I've learned that tempering excitement is a necessity when it comes to Atlanta sports. We've got a long season ahead of us.

Trust me I understand but I've been waiting so long to be able to talk trash to other people about MY team, I'm an Atlanta sports fan to so I feel your pain.