• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Jon Barry just STFU!?

swolehawk2

He is always harping on the Hawks go one on one...but Celtics posted and ran Isos just as much as we did tonight!

And...we had more assists!

Sure Joe Isos alot late in the game, so does Pierce.

Just call it both ways Jon. Why does he hate the Hawks so much anyway.

And didn't he say we were not a top 4 team in the east!??....WTF?

This cat is annoying.

I think you guys are being way too sensitive.

He had nothing, absolutely nothing positive to say about us during the game last night. As a commentator your job is to, you know, commentate on the game at hand and considering that we won it handedly I don't see how that was possible unless someone had an agenda.

He's right, though. When the Hawks have crisp ball movement they're an absolute force.

he is right. Too much one on one at times. move the ball..make team defend us. When a guy has it going like Crawford did last night then get him the ball until he cools off but we have to run some more plays because when we do they work. BIbby is the only player that will move the ball on this team and not iso..maybe because he cant lol but still its good to see Hawks get open shots instead of forcing up bad shots

He didn't say that the hawks were not a top 4 team in the east. He said the hawks were not as good as the top 4 teams in the NBA, which is a completely different thing.

I know it sucks when someone disses your team just as it is winning a game against a top opponent, but personally I prefer commentators like that than the ones who always treat whatever team is playing as the best and flawless.

Boston has more talented scorers than we do. They should go one one on. We shouldn't if we are playing at our best. LIke I've said before, if our shooters are off then our one on one strategy results in last second heaves. If they're on, then we can beat anyone. But we're better off moving the ball around and running. I don't see what the big deal is about him pointing out the truth.

He didn't say that the hawks were not a top 4 team in the east. He said the hawks were not as good as the top 4 teams in the NBA, which is a completely different thing.

I know it sucks when someone disses your team just as it is winning a game against a top opponent, but personally I prefer commentators like that than the ones who always treat whatever team is playing as the best and flawless.

Oh, I thought I heard him say not top 4 in the east. We know this team is not flawless, but he has a thing for the Hawks. Last year, he said right up to halftime of game 7 that we would not beat the Heat.

It seems like his opinions are biased and not based on what is actually happening in front of his eyes.

Oh, I thought I heard him say not top 4 in the east. We know this team is not flawless, but he has a thing for the Hawks. Last year, he said right up to halftime of game 7 that we would not beat the Heat.

It seems like his opinions are biased and not based on what is actually happening in front of his eyes.

If he memory serves me right he played here during Woody first season. Then we traded him to Houston for Lue ,midseason.

He either has a personal issue with Woody, or the organization, or both.

Because he wasn't even good enough to crack our starting five when he was a hawk?

and that was like a 12 win team.

So... what exactly about what Jon Barry said was not 100% correct? That we are too inconsistant on offense, that we don't move the ball AT ALL in the halfcourt, that we don't have good leadership?

Pretty much sums it up quite nicely.

I was referring to his observatioons about last nights game...the Celtics' had the same troubles we did last night, really even more trouble offensively.

ame='swolehawk2' date='10 January 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1263089984' post='425240']

How is Barry biased, what does he have to gain by pointing out the Hawks weak spots?

Boston had obvious weak spots last night also, he just was not as vocal about it. That is all I'm saying.