• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ideal end to this season

timdawg777

Cleveland number 1 seed

Atlanta number 2 seed

Boston number 3 seed

Orland number 4 seed

If that is not possible, I feel better with us moving down to number 4 and playing Cleveland in the second round. Should be interesting if we can somehow pull this out. Its nice that we have a chance after that schedule in January.

Cleveland number 1 seed

Atlanta number 2 seed

Boston number 3 seed

Orland number 4 seed

If that is not possible, I feel better with us moving down to number 4 and playing Cleveland in the second round. Should be interesting if we can somehow pull this out. Its nice that we have a chance after that schedule in January.

Yeah I think that would be great, although I'd rather be the 3rd seed with Boston #2 as I think we could still win a 7 game series even if Boston had home court advantage on us. The key is that Orlando needs to be he 4th seed and we'd have to pray that Cleveland would knock them off, even though I'm still doubtful we could beat Cleveland in a playoff series.

EIther scenario is fine by me as long as the Hawks are in the ECFs. They'd have to beat down Cleveland because we all know that the refs will do just about everything short of hit JJ and/or Crawford in the back with folding chairs to keep the Labrons in it if its close.....

EIther scenario is fine by me as long as the Hawks are in the ECFs. They'd have to beat down Cleveland because we all know that the refs will do just about everything short of hit JJ and/or Crawford in the back with folding chairs to keep the Labrons in it if its close.....

Not really. Deeper you go in the playoffs, the harder it is to get shannigans by the general public. If the Hawks make the ECF against either Cleveland or Orlando, it will be as close to fairly officiated as possible. By that time, the majority of the world is choosing sides. As many bandwagon love fans as the Cavs will have, they will have just as many haters. There are plenty of people in other cities that can't stand king james and shaq. The Hawks will get plenty of "we like you" fans and the NBA can't pull crap like they did in the clockgate game. Speaking of which, if the Hawks win clockgate (which they should have), they would be the second seed and 5 games behind Cleveland and would have the 4th best record in the NBA. I just want to lay some perspective here.

On the Hawks side, they are very likable. Other than Zaza, very little tough play. Good looking, young group of guys. They haven't worn on the common NBA fan yet like Shaq, Lebron and company. Expect the common NBA fan to be silently rooting for them just like last year with Orlando vs Cleveland.

For all the crap he gets on this board, the key for the Hawks is Marvin. His ability to guard both Kobe and Lebron greatly improves the Hawks chances. Kobe and Bron Bron can't do against the Hawks what they do against everyone else. Marvin's face up play, combined with the fear of Josh lurking to block any weak layup attempts, keeps those 2 from doing to the Hawks what they do to other teams on a nightly basis. The problem with the Hawks as currently constructed is that Dwight Howard is a center...a big one. We do not handle the big, athletic passing centers well and Marvin (as he's currently used) does us no good against Orlando.

In my opinion, the key to beating Orlando is to make Dwight Howard work on the defensive end. That mean 10-15 touches for Marvin in the mid post. Marvin from 10-15 feet in can work offensively against Matt Barnes and will require help...this will make Howard leave the post. Iso JJ will not work against Orlando but Iso Marv can help. Marv has to be willing to pass the ball when doubled but that's it.

For all the crap he gets....Marvin is the secret to the path to the finals and no one else.

Yeah I think that would be great, although I'd rather be the 3rd seed with Boston #2 as I think we could still win a 7 game series even if Boston had home court advantage on us. The key is that Orlando needs to be he 4th seed and we'd have to pray that Cleveland would knock them off, even though I'm still doubtful we could beat Cleveland in a playoff series.

Why in the world would you rather Boston have home court? We could still win, but home court is very, very important. Boston swept us during the regular season in 2007 (in embarrassing fashion, too) and might have lost the series if they didn't have home court.

Why in the world would you rather Boston have home court? We could still win, but home court is very, very important. Boston swept us during the regular season in 2007 (in embarrassing fashion, too) and might have lost the series if they didn't have home court.

I said I would rather us be the #3 seed and Boston be the #2 seed as opposed to us being the #4 seed because the OP said he'd rather us be 4 if we couldn't be 2.

I said I would rather us be the #3 seed and Boston be the #2 seed as opposed to us being the #4 seed because the OP said he'd rather us be 4 if we couldn't be 2.

Oh well, I'm sure he meant if we couldn't play Boston in the 2nd round he'd rather just be 4. I'd rather play 7 games in Boston than play Orlando at all.

Oh well, I'm sure he meant if we couldn't play Boston in the 2nd round he'd rather just be 4. I'd rather play 7 games in Boston than play Orlando at all.

You might be right about that and I could have read it wrong ... and we're definitely in agreement about Orlando. I don't want to see them in any way shape or form with the team that we presently have.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I don't care if we're the 8th seed, as long as we don't play the Magic I'm fine. But...

1.Atlanta

2.Cavs

3.Magic

4.Boston

That is the perfect seeding. We have home court, and assuming the Celtics can win the first round, we get them, then the winner of Orlando Cleveland (most likely Cleveland) with home court. But since the Cavs have a freaking 8 game lead, here is the next best thing

1.Cavs

2.Hawks

3.Boston

4.Magic

Let the chips fall where they may.

Not really. Deeper you go in the playoffs, the harder it is to get shannigans by the general public. If the Hawks make the ECF against either Cleveland or Orlando, it will be as close to fairly officiated as possible.

The Sacramento Kings would disagree with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfZ-CU-bx0 ( part 7 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPCKn9ZX3w ( part 8 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CARPuq4Bew ( part 9 )

( if you have time one day, go through the entire series. . I think they have 9 parts to this )

Make no mistake. If we were to play the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals, we would damn near have to hope that either the Cavs were ice cold, or we played the perfect game . . or at least significantly better than Cleveland, in 4 games. Lebron is the cash cow of the league. Having him in the NBA Finals is in the best interest of the league. If they can't have Kobe in there, they definitely want Lebron. They would rather have both.

I'm watching the highlights of the Cavs - Knicks game tonight, and they're ranting and raving about Lebron scoring 25 straight points for the Cavs. But they also highlight a sequence in which Nate Robinson goes into the lane and challenges Shaq. Shaq blocks his shot, but literally hammers Nate . . . NO CALL. Nate, being the Mighty Mouse that he is, ended up getting a block on Shaq later in the game. A clean block. Still . . . Shaq's foul wasnt called . . and it was a blatant foul.

The easiest way to kill the Hawks, would be to either get JJ or Josh Smith in foul trouble. We probably would be hurt worse by Smoove picking up cheap early fouls.

Edited by northcyde

The Sacramento Kings would disagree with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfZ-CU-bx0 ( part 7 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPCKn9ZX3w ( part 8 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CARPuq4Bew ( part 9 )

( if you have time one day, go through the entire series. . I think they have 9 parts to this )

Make no mistake. If we were to play the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals, we would damn near have to hope that either the Cavs were ice cold, or we played the perfect game . . or at least significantly better than Cleveland, in 4 games. Lebron is the cash cow of the league. Having him in the NBA Finals is in the best interest of the league. If they can't have Kobe in there, they definitely want Lebron. They would rather have both.

I'm watching the highlights of the Cavs - Knicks game tonight, and they're ranting and raving about Lebron scoring 25 straight points for the Cavs. But they also highlight a sequence in which Nate Robinson goes into the lane and challenges Shaq. Shaq blocks his shot, but literally hammers Nate . . . NO CALL. Nate, being the Mighty Mouse that he is, ended up getting a block on Shaq later in the game. A clean block. Still . . . Shaq's foul wasnt called . . and it was a blatant foul.

The easiest way to kill the Hawks, would be to either get JJ or Josh Smith in foul trouble. We probably would be hurt worse by Smoove picking up cheap early fouls.

I mean . . . when you look at the amount of no-calls JJ gets while going to the lane, you have to question if something is up or not. You saw what they did in Cleveland. Forget the shot clock, they shot 16 FTs in the 2nd half. How many did we shoot? 3.