• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA players I suspect Using Steroids.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Yep, I got a list of guys who I suspect are using based on nothing in particular.

1. Ray Allen.

2. Lebron James.

3. Dwight Howard.

4. Ben Wallace.

5. Shaq (in the Miami Years).

6. Nate Robinson

7. KMart in Denver.

8. Josh Smith (3 years ago).

9. Yi.

10. Stephen Jackson

11. Gilbert Arenas

12. Carmelo Anthony (2 years ago)

lol I wouldn't read too much into that. I got a lot of back acne and I'm 150 lbs. LeBron hasn't gotten much bigger since he came in the league. He put on about 20 pounds over the course of 5 years, which was pretty much natural. Now someone I really think is on steroids is Yi Jianlian. Someone posted pictures of him around him that showed veins popping out of his arms. He went from being wiry to being ripped in a couple of months. Hm...

• Moderators

Lebron being an a steroid user wouldn't suprise me. When he came into the league, a lot of people reported he had tons of back acne, a common sign of steroid abuse.

"Mr. Pachulia, this is Commissioner Stern. You have some explainin' to do!" :laugh:

~lw3

lol I wouldn't read too much into that. I got a lot of back acne and I'm 150 lbs. LeBron hasn't gotten much bigger since he came in the league. He put on about 20 pounds over the course of 5 years, which was pretty much natural. Now someone I really think is on steroids is Yi Jianlian. Someone posted pictures of him around him that showed veins popping out of his arms. He went from being wiry to being ripped in a couple of months. Hm...

Sure, he only gained 20 pounds. But that is only because he was already HUGE when he made it to the pros. Add to that that surgery to remove a tumor in his jaw, his amazing recovery and endurance and I think he is candidate #1 for steroid user.

What I don't get is why Ray Allen is in that list. A 200 pound 6'5 guy who was never very athletic is not what I consider obvious steroid user.

• Premium Member

Sure, he only gained 20 pounds. But that is only because he was already HUGE when he made it to the pros. Add to that that surgery to remove a tumor in his jaw, his amazing recovery and endurance and I think he is candidate #1 for steroid user.

What I don't get is why Ray Allen is in that list. A 200 pound 6'5 guy who was never very athletic is not what I consider obvious steroid user.

Not every steroid user gains a lot of muscle mass. Sometimes Steroids is about recovery. I put Ray Allen on the list because he's 34-35 Years old. IN 2007, he had bone spur surgery in both ankles. Since that time, he hasn't missed any games and has averaged about 36 mpg. And his Mpg is increasing. To me that says that something is happening. Usually Bone spurs denote that a player is aging and needs to be played less. However, when you watch Ray Allen, he never gets tired. Steroids.

Not every steroid user gains a lot of muscle mass. Sometimes Steroids is about recovery. I put Ray Allen on the list because he's 34-35 Years old. IN 2007, he had bone spur surgery in both ankles. Since that time, he hasn't missed any games and has averaged about 36 mpg. And his Mpg is increasing. To me that says that something is happening. Usually Bone spurs denote that a player is aging and needs to be played less. However, when you watch Ray Allen, he never gets tired. Steroids.

Yeah, but he's basically a jump shooter now. You don't even see him dunking anymore.

Edited by dlpin

Allen was very athletic in his 20's.

You must just know the 30 + model of Allen. Remember the movie "He Got Game."

Allen was very athletic in his 20's.

You must just know the 30 + model of Allen. Remember the movie "He Got Game."

Allen has always been mostly a jump shooter. I mean, sure, he had his share of dunks, but it's not like he was ever a candidate for the slam dunk contest. From the 82games.com stats, he's never had more than 4% of his shot attempts be dunks.

Lebron being an a steroid user wouldn't suprise me. When he came into the league, a lot of people reported he had tons of back acne, a common sign of steroid abuse.

back acne is also a common sign of being a teenager. if i were him, i'd be more worried about people talking about his small testicles as a sign of steroid abuse.

(ooo....did i just say that out loud? my bad, 'bron).

Edited by bird_dirt

u could be right...is his locker right next to perkins'?

:questions:

Yep, I got a list of guys who I suspect are using based on nothing in particular.

1. Ray Allen.

2. Lebron James.

3. Dwight Howard.

4. Ben Wallace.

5. Shaq (in the Miami Years).

6. Nate Robinson

7. KMart in Denver.

8. Josh Smith (3 years ago).

9. Yi.

10. Stephen Jackson

11. Gilbert Arenas

12. Carmelo Anthony (2 years ago)

I don't know if many of you realize it but you can get chemicals that are basically one step away from being a steroid on most supplement site. These can put anywhere from 8-16 lbs on in a 30 day cycle. I used to go into the GNC alot and the guy who owned the place would always have some stashed away. I got to be pretty good friends with the guy just from going in and buying different proteins and that kind of thing. He told me alot of the local high school football team was taking them. Anyhow my point is they could be on something that technically isn't illegal but could fail a drug test. Just food for thought!