• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford Vs Kevin Durant

BusBoyIsBack

As this team is currently constructed?

Many of us stated that Horford should have been rookie of the year. But as Durant has developed into an offensive juggernaut no one has dared to state that Horford belongs in the discussion. I beg to differ. When you look at how this team in particular is constructed I think I might keep Horford.

We have Durant and our scoring attack is just plain sick but "Where is the DEFENSE?" WIthout Horford doing work playing as an undersized Center where would we be? We would not be good in the post on either end of the floor. So Durantula, Baby Ice Man, K Smoove, etc may score twice as many points per game, but I don't think he's exactly twice as valuable.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

The question should not be Durant or Horford.

The question should be Durant or LeBron.

Come on, Durant is not even close to the playmaker or defender that Lebron has become. Even if he scores as many PPG.

Again how would Durant be better for THIS particular team? Do you guys realize Zaza would start at Center? If we ever hope to win a championship, you have to have post play on both sides of the ball, and we would not have that without Horford. He's not an all world defender but we could do a whole lot worse

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Come on, Durant is not even close to the playmaker or defender that Lebron has become. Even if he scores as many PPG.

Again how would Durant be better for THIS particular team? Do you guys realize Zaza would start at Center? If we ever hope to win a championship, you have to have post play on both sides of the ball, and we would not have that without Horford. He's not an all world defender but we could do a whole lot worse

Durant remnds me of a young Big Dog Robinson.

What exactly is the debate here? Horf vs Durant overall or a hypothetical that if we would of had the 2nd pick or some how both Durant and Horf were available at 3 who would/should we of drafted? If the debate is the latter then yes I can see your point. We had Joe, Marv and Chills manning the wings and given Shelden's terribleness, were in more of a need of a post presence than another scoring wing. Other than that, Durant wins this hands down.

Sure, Lebron at 25 is better than Durant at 21. But how does Durant at 21 compare to Lebron at 21?

Durant will win an MVP or two before all is said and done. Horford won't.

It's your line of thinking that left Portland with Sam Bowie instead of Jordan.

Sure, Lebron at 25 is better than Durant at 21. But how does Durant at 21 compare to Lebron at 21?

Durant will win an MVP or two before all is said and done. Horford won't.

It's your line of thinking that left Portland with Sam Bowie instead of Jordan.

I think it's safe to say that Durant will NEVER be the playmaker that Lebron James is. Lebron is averaging over 8 assists per game this season. Heck the guy averages like 7 for his career.

BTW, Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is complete hindsight. And there is no guarantee the Blazers would have won a title if they had Jordan. Who's to say Portland would have put pieces like that around Jordan? As amazing as he was he didn't win a title until his 7th year in the league.

In fact, when did Jordan finally win a title? When he got some POST PLAY. When they got Horace Grant and some post-defense. Then when they lost Horace Grant they lost to the team he was traded to in the Orlando Magic in Jordan's return. Then they got even better post-defense in Dennis Rodman which took them over the hump again.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Durant. Al can't defend a paper bag and he will never be close to be featured in Woody's "offense".

Al Horford is not Bill Russell but he is as close to post defense at the Center position you can find in the league after Duncan, Dwight Howard, and maybe a couple of other guys. He's sure as heck a lot better than what we would have without him on that side of the ball

What exactly is the debate here? Horf vs Durant overall or a hypothetical that if we would of had the 2nd pick or some how both Durant and Horf were available at 3 who would/should we of drafted? If the debate is the latter then yes I can see your point. We had Joe, Marv and Chills manning the wings and given Shelden's terribleness, were in more of a need of a post presence than another scoring wing. Other than that, Durant wins this hands down.

Well it's centered around me hearing a few people that I've heard wishing that we only picked one spot earlier in the draft to get Durant.

But I got to thinking how this team is currently constructed, maybe we are better off with Horford.

Im not saying Horford vs Durant straight up. That's ridiculous. Obviously Durant if you're starting a team or if you need many pieces. But just looking in retrospect of the pieces we have on this specific team, I think we are better off with Horford or at least it's a lot closer than others seem to be indicating.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Al Horford is not Bill Russell but he is as close to post defense at the Center position you can find in the league after Duncan, Dwight Howard, and maybe a couple of other guys. He's sure as heck a lot better than what we would have without him on that side of the ball

Well it's centered around me hearing a few people that I've heard wishing that we only picked one spot earlier in the draft to get Durant.

But I got to thinking how this team is currently constructed, maybe we are better off with Horford.

Im not saying Horford vs Durant straight up. That's ridiculous. Obviously Durant if you're starting a team or if you need many pieces. But just looking in retrospect of the pieces we have on this specific team, I think we are better off with Horford or at least it's a lot closer than others seem to be indicating.

It seems like Jermanie O'Neal thrashes Al everytime the Hawks play the Heat. I can't remember seeing Al shut anyone down.

I love both players, I think Durant is one of the best players in the NBA. I think Horford with the right players around him could do the same. Durant right now is on pace to be with Lebron, can't say that for Horford.

I think it's safe to say that Durant will NEVER be the playmaker that Lebron James is. Lebron is averaging over 8 assists per game this season. Heck the guy averages like 7 for his career.

BTW, Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is complete hindsight. And there is no guarantee the Blazers would have won a title if they had Jordan. Who's to say Portland would have put pieces like that around Jordan? As amazing as he was he didn't win a title until his 7th year in the league.

In fact, when did Jordan finally win a title? When he got some POST PLAY. When they got Horace Grant and some post-defense. Then when they lost Horace Grant they lost to the team he was traded to in the Orlando Magic in Jordan's return. Then they got even better post-defense in Dennis Rodman which took them over the hump again.

Playmaking ability is not measured by assists alone.

And yes, Durant is on pace to being the next Lebron, though he scores more than he passes because of his play style and because he plays with a legitimate point guard, unlike lebron.

And the idea that Jordan owes his titles to Horace Grant is nonsense. If anything, it was Pippen who helped him the most. When they lost to the magic, they did because Jordan was rusty, 2 months out of retirement. And none of that change the fact that Jordan would have been a far superior pick to Bowie, even if the blazers never won anything with him. Everyone knew Jordan was better than Bowie before the draft, but the blazers drafted based on "need" and "fit."

Playmaking ability is not measured by assists alone.

And yes, Durant is on pace to being the next Lebron, though he scores more than he passes because of his play style and because he plays with a legitimate point guard, unlike lebron.

And the idea that Jordan owes his titles to Horace Grant is nonsense. If anything, it was Pippen who helped him the most. When they lost to the magic, they did because Jordan was rusty, 2 months out of retirement. And none of that change the fact that Jordan would have been a far superior pick to Bowie, even if the blazers never won anything with him. Everyone knew Jordan was better than Bowie before the draft, but the blazers drafted based on "need" and "fit."

That's a lie, I spoke to a lot of people and watched that draft and it was Hakeem, Bowie and then the field. MJ was a great athlete but most thought a guard would never have the impact like a Center. I would compare Bowie to Oden and MJ to Durant in that degree. That everyone stuff is after the fact.