• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wanna know how overpaid Mike Bibby is?

mrhonline

i think Bibby is worth 6 million TO THE HAWKS

people seem to forget how bad we have played when he was out for extended periods

what was the 'bargain' PG that was gonna run this team any better? (that the Hawks had a shot of getting to play here)

I think Bibby is starting to turn it around a bit...lets hope so

Go Hawks!

Edited by f_town
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

i think Bibby is worth 6 million TO THE HAWKS

people seem to forget how bad we have played when he was out for extended periods

what was the 'bargain' PG that was gonna run this team any better? (that the Hawks had a shot of getting to play here)

I think Bibby is starting to turn it around a bit...lets hope so

Go Hawks!

Well we screwed up by passing on guys like Bynum and Jarrett Jack, so Bibby was probably the best of what was left. Sessions is extremely mediocre and everyone would have been disappointed with him as well.

I didn't get to watch Will Bynum much last season, but was he known for his passing and his leadership skills?

I honestly thought re-signing Bibby was the best choice we had in the off-season. Bibby is probably our best floor leader on the floor and we definitely need someone who can lead the team on offense. I actually preferred signing Ramon Sessions over Mike Bibby this offseason, but from the looks of it....I think we made the right choice. Sessions isn't doing that great this season.

But Mike Bibby is starting to play better and I really hope he keeps on improving his game as the season progresses. I can see us winning the title with Bibby running the point position.

• Premium Member

Mike Bibby is a floor general who gets and keeps his teammates' respect. Steve Blake is not and does not. Incredible how many people overlook the importance of intangibles in a PG.

Edited by niremetal

If we don't sign Bibby, who do we have in his place? He may be paid more than someone with similar production, but their contracts were signed at different times under different circumstances. I don't see Bibby's deal as a cap crippling contract, maybe he's overpaid but this is not a Speedy Claxton type deal. We are getting production from Bibby, its not hindering us from being able to offer a large contract (if you take Bibby away, we still can't do it), and looking at all of the alternatives I think it was the best option for us at the time.

• Premium Member

I'm sure you can find people who will say that about their starting PG everywhere. But go check out a Blazers blog sometime and see how many people think Blake is a floor general. There's a reason the Blazers kept trying to get another PG, and traded Blake once they did.