• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jazz sign JT to Offer sheet!!

Lascar78

The Hawks seem pretty upset about this, now that they actually have to do some serious dealing. This from Hawks.com:

"On the afternoon of September 11, we received notification from the Utah Jazz indicating a contract offer had been extended to restricted free agent guard Jason Terry. We fully intend to consider the terms of the deal over the next 15 days, and while this process develops, we will not make any public comments regarding this matter."

Get on the ball. Otherwise, I'm going to be really happy, for what could be imminent...

What do you consider outlandish?

JT and his agent had a particular number they were looking at getting, and given that he is restricted and could sign the one year tender and try again in the offseason, I don't see him signing an offer less than the number they were looking at getting.

I'm betting this deal is going to be in the 6 year, $55-60 million range.

What will suck is this now kills a chance of doing a sign and trade, if I'm not mistaken. I do not think we can say we'll sign him and trade him to you for so and so now. Which means if we don't match, we lose him for nothing.

Will they match? I don't know if they will. They obviously still have doubts to whether he can be their point guard, or else he would have been signed very early on. I think the Hawks intended on letting him play the season out on the one year tender and then making a decision on offering him a long term, lucrative deal in the offseason.

From my view, if they don't match, then they might as well look for the best possible deals for Shareef and Theo, because they will be going back into a full blown rebuilding mode.

I voted "no" to re-signing Jason Terry on the hawks.com poll.

I like him way too much as a player, so I'd hate to see him stuck in our hellhole for any amount of time.

Fly free, JT!

I wanna know the terms of the contract before i say anything else.

But from talent point of view, i really wish he would come back. I still hold to the thought that we are one of the teams that can challenge for that #8 seed. If JT goes, i give it to MIAMI. Also, if JT goes- i WANT to start the rebuilding process and trade THEO/REEF.

• Premium Member

NOW...

The ball has been put into play. All the posturing is over. Now we will see just how much a priority JT really is. My bet is that if the offer is 6 years 55 Million, we will NOT match. If the deal is 6 years 42 Million, we may match. Anything in between is questionable.

I know. Jason Terry is no good. No one wants him. We

will sign him for a song and we will name the tune.

He can't play the point. Really? He's not that important

to us. Really?

Then, along comes a team and makes him an offer to come

to their city and play for them. And we are offended?

Really?

We don't know what the offer was. We can only guess

right now. Probably a lot more and/or for a lot longer

than Atlanta wanted to go for, if we are close on our

guesstimation of the deal.

Now, what do we do? Dump our best known {I think}

player for nothing and go sulk in the corner? Match the

offer, which may be more than we want to pay?

The Atlanta Hawks apparently believed that they had

all this under control. They would spend a few dollars

and keep J.T. for another year, and now, this happens!

Let's see, 15 days from now is the 26th. We just have

to wait and see what happens by then. At least, now

we know that there will be something happening.

Read the article. Maybe we, the Hawk's didn't appreciate

what we had until we stand a good chance of loosing him.

He really sounds like he is a pretty good player and we

believe him to be an excellent citizen.

Now, another waiting period begins. Mark it down, 26th.

of this month is the deadline.

Eventhough I would hate to see JT go, he basically told the Hawks to put their money where their mouth is. All of us here have been going bananas about this offseason, imagine JT with his career, hearing they want him , he's an integral piece of the franchise, but uhm, check back later we don't know what to offer you.

We'll find out soon enough what amount the offer sheet is, the nba season is around the corner and what have the Hawks done sofar really?