• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How to beat the Magic.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Getting Horford's jumper working early is the key. Keep Howard honest on D.

We didn't do that. Horford hit 15 foot jumpers all night on him and he posted when he had a smaller guy on him.

Actually they did try to post Horford against Howard. They did it on the very first possession of the game and a few times thereafter, including late in the game. Every time it ended in failure. That is where several of Horfords 5 misses came from.

I haven't looked at his shot chart but i don't think he missed more than one jumper. I know he made at least 3.

We didn't do that. Horford hit 15 foot jumpers all night on him and he posted when he had a smaller guy on him.

Actually we did Anthony....MVP said:

"Stop trying to post 6'9 Horford on Howard"....and he was right.

We also had Smoove going inside early (and failing)...when we got going was when Horford started hitting 12-14 footers. Granted there was a lot more to the game than just that early. Bibby hitting threes didn't hurt a bit and Mo Evans getting hot was very nice too.

We freaking won the game... It's not like the Hawks played their best game ever. The Magic missed shots, but the Hawks didn't score for like 10 minutes and still won..So what does that say about the Magic?

I get it, I get it. We all love to look ahead and draw out every scenario possible. My point was simply that the Hawks didn't play their best game ever, and still won. The tone of some of the posts were that "we won because the Magic didn't shoot/play well". That's not true.

We won the game. I know you should never get too high or too low, but dang... it was a fun game, and we were victorious. That team made it to the finals last year. They knew it was a big game... I'm pretty sure D-Howard played his hardest. Carter even made his clutch 3 point dagger he likes to hit against us. Enjoy it a little bit.

If we get into a series with Orlando (OR Cleveland or Boston) THEN we can freak out about match-ups, etc.

Now isn't the time for this...in the playoffs, it is. IF you worry about tomorrow you can't take care of today.

This might sound crazy but why not start ZaZa against the Magic?

From all 4 games, this is what I have noticed. When Horford is guarding Howard, he doesn't "attack". He basically just plays around and the Hawks double him. So he kicks it out and usually gets good results.

When ZaZa is on him he immediatly attacks. And well how many points did Howard score when ZaZa is guarding him? Zero because ZaZa played him well.

The main key to the Hawks beating the Magic is ball movement. Also, by getting Howard in foul trouble and extending Horford out of the post.

All the ball movement in the world won't help you if you can't knock your perimeter shots.

Ball movement is important to get better looks.

We have to get out and run vs. the Maigic. To do that we have to rebound. Too bad we got out rebounded by 10.

What almost lost the game for us was rebounding. In the last 5:30 the Magic out rebounded us 7 to 3.

I get it, I get it. We all love to look ahead and draw out every scenario possible. My point was simply that the Hawks didn't play their best game ever, and still won. The tone of some of the posts were that "we won because the Magic didn't shoot/play well". That's not true.

We won the game. I know you should never get too high or too low, but dang... it was a fun game, and we were victorious. That team made it to the finals last year. They knew it was a big game... I'm pretty sure D-Howard played his hardest. Carter even made his clutch 3 point dagger he likes to hit against us. Enjoy it a little bit.

If we get into a series with Orlando (OR Cleveland or Boston) THEN we can freak out about match-ups, etc.

Now isn't the time for this...in the playoffs, it is. IF you worry about tomorrow you can't take care of today.

You would be right if I played on the Hawks. But I don't.

All the ball movement in the world won't help you if you can't knock your perimeter shots.

Ball movement is important to get better looks.

We have to get out and run vs. the Maigic. To do that we have to rebound. Too bad we got out rebounded by 10.

What almost lost the game for us was rebounding. In the last 5:30 the Magic out rebounded us 7 to 3.

Horford was making his jumpers but inexplicably stopped getting opportunities. I guess letting him continue to score and force Howard out of the paint made too much sense.