• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks hope Phillip's crowd isn't too friendly to Lakers

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-hope-lakers-don-420326.html

Oh the Kobe love in Phillips tonight will be bad. This will be the first Lakers game in Atlanta I've missed in 3 years. Hope my empty seat isn't being taken by a Kobe lover.

Hawks will need a supportive crowd to feed off to pull out a win tonight. I hope its as good as last years game in Atlanta.

“We will have our fans in there, too,” Crawford said. “It will be like one of those boxing matches where the same place is kind of divided. I am sure it will be a lot of fun.”
Edited by coachx

Why we boo the holy hell out of Lebron and D-Wade, but cheer Kobe I'll never understand.

With that said, I've been watching the Lakers all season long and they really do have a Steelers type following all over the country. So it's really not just us. Only thing is...we take it to another level with the "Kobe" and "MVP" chants. :slap1:

Why we boo the holy hell out of Lebron and D-Wade, but cheer Kobe I'll never understand.

With that said, I've been watching the Lakers all season long and they really do have a Steelers type following all over the country. So it's really not just us. Only thing is...we take it to another level with the "Kobe" and "MVP" chants. :slap1:

Speaking of chants, do we have anything to chant when somebody on our team has the ball. I've been watching pretty much every game this year and I have yet to hear a player chant

• Premium Member

already got word from a hat vendor that 60% of the crowd will be Lakers Fans.

my guess is that hawks fans sell these type tickets to pay for the other games.

I do it with the Falcons when the Steelers or Cowboys come to town.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

You said it correctly. Laker fans and Kobe fans divide EVERY arena, with the exception of a few teams like Boston and there are still quite a few of them..

And, Kobe gets MVP chants in probably half of opposing arenas, not just Atlanta.

When Josh SMith gets the ball on the outside the fans should start cheering "Air Ball" before he even shoots. Maybe that would make him understand how bad an idea shooting the ball is.

The whole arena already screams "Noooooo" before he even starts thinking about taking a jumper.

Of course that doesn't stop him one bit. Do we admire his confidence or pity his stupidity?

• Like 1

A dirty city like Atlanta cheering a possible rapist? I'm not all that surprised.

• Like 1

Hey, I enjoyed the game and loved ripping the folks draped in purple and gold even the more. I was dangling my cars keys at Laker 'fans' as they were getting up to leave when the game got out of hand in the 4th. As they were leaving, I said, 'I hope you kept your receipts from all that Laker gear you bought today; that way, you can go back to Champs or Foot Locker and get your $$$ back!!!'

• Premium Member

A dirty city like Atlanta cheering a possible rapist? I'm not all that surprised.

man....you topped yourself with that one :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great game to watch if your a Hawks fan !

Man, I hate it that I missed this one.

The Hawks gave the crowd plenty to cheer about. Loved seeing the Lakers fans texting, staring off into space, and basically doing anything but actually the butt whoopin' their beloved Kobe was getting. The 2 air balls in a row, by Kobe, vs. JJ on the same possession totally took Kobe out of his game and that is hard to do. Loved seeing Phil Jackson just sitting, picking his nails, and submitting to defeat.

Great win for the Hawks !

As a GSU alumni I hate hearing its in the actual worst part of one of the worst cities in the country. The crime has also gotten pretty violent to the GT campus and is inching its way into Centinnial Olympic Park. Yet Shirley Franklin did little to help the city's police with her days as mayor. Mabe this new guy takes a more aggressive approach to stopping violence and backing Atlanta's police force. That was the primary campaign message I heard out of him. We shall see if anything changes.

Many parts of Atlanta are a cesspool no doubt.

I hate that the GSU campus is stuck where it is. That is why GSU can expand ............the cheapest property in Atlanta is there.

• Premium Member