• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we play JJ anymore until the playoffs?

Brotha2ThaNite

Is the reason Johnson did not play tonight was to give him rest? I hope so (I hope he is not inured!) and if it is then I think it was a great move by Woodson! I don't think I would not play him the rest of the regular season (unless there are major health reasons) since I would be concerned that he might lose his rythm with the rest of the team.

Is the reason Johnson did not play tonight was to give him rest? I hope so (I hope he is not inured!) and if it is then I think it was a great move by Woodson! I don't think I would not play him the rest of the regular season (unless there are major health reasons) since I would be concerned that he might lose his rythm with the rest of the team.

No he is injured. link

Hawks without Johnson against Pistons

ATLANTA -- Atlanta guard Joe Johnson missed the Hawks' game Saturday night against Detroit because of a sprained right thumb.

Johnson, the Hawks' leading scorer since joining the team in a 2005 sign-and-trade deal with Phoenix, injured his right hand in a victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday night. Hawks coach Mike Woodson listed Johnson as day-to-day.

Johnson scored 13 points in a loss Friday at Cleveland, going 6-for-17 from the field, 1-for-5 on 3-point attempts.

Detroit coach John Kuester said veteran center Ben Wallace was inactive because the Pistons were playing on consecutive nights. Sore knees have caused Wallace to miss five of the last seven games. Jason Maxiell, Detroit's reserve center, missed his second consecutive game because of a strained back, and Pistons guard Richard Hamilton couldn't play because of a sprained right ankle.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

There are 6 games left, it really doesn't matter what seed we end up in because we are equally futile against both our potential 2nd round opponents and our first round matchups are too fluid to determine. No Starter should be playing 40 minutes during this stretch yet alone have any business doing so in a back to back. I will agree with Nique in that we should put a licking on the Cats just so they don't have any confidence as a potential first round matchup but after that, Everyone should be capped out at 30 minutes a night. Enough to keep em still in the groove and enough to keep them fresh. JJ's already got a nagging injury, shut it down so you are as fresh as can be for the real season.

Keep him out. If he is dressed out, Woody will play him 45 minutes and wear him out before the playoffs.

It's time that the far end of our bench to get some quality time. It would worth the cost if we did not win

all the rest of our games this season. Hawks need a rested, fresh, uninjured team for the playoffs.

We need a healthy, rested JJ in the playoffs. Keep him on IR.

:temperature:

Edited by Gray Mule

I agree, let him rest. I am scared that if he dresses, Woodson will play him way too many minutes. JJ, along with Craw, will have to play like supermen in the playoffs for us to have a chance. Let's rest JJ now so he can be ready to have more games like he did against the Lakers as opposed to the recent Cavs game.

• Premium Member

I agree, let him rest. I am scared that if he dresses, Woodson will play him way too many minutes. JJ, along with Craw, will have to play like supermen in the playoffs for us to have a chance. Let's rest JJ now so he can be ready to have more games like he did against the Lakers as opposed to the recent Cavs game.

If He's healthy, I would let him go against the Cavs on the last game. However, I would sit him until he's healthy. Then I might sit him for a few games after.

Well . . with the Bogut injury, it definitely matters if we get the 3rd seed or not. While Milwaukee may not go down without a fight, it looks like more than ever that Miami will get that #5 seed. If Boston loses tonight, we have a 2 game lead on them.

The Heat are the team to avoid in the 1st round. Therefore, you DO NOT shut down JJ, until we secure that #3 seed.

Once we secure the #3 spot, then yeah, you can shut him down. Smoove and Horford too, for that matter. Or you could simply treat the last few games like you would preseason games.

Woody actually has done this the past 2 years. He's significantly reduced the minutes of the starters in those final few games of the season. He'll do the same this year, so that isn't a concern.

But the Bogut injury changes everything. The #3 spot is where you want to be, and NOT #4 and facing D-Wade in Round 1.

• Like 2

Ok, so Joe got a thumb. It explains his putrid production in Cleveland. Cool. What isn't cool is why was he not sitting on the pine protecting the thumb. We did not need Joe to lose that game or any other. It would have been prudent to treat the thumb effectively immediately and shut him down when the injury happened. Sure we wanted to beat the LeBron's, but not with the expense of losing Joe (or any core guy) moving towards or for the playoffs.

At this point 3rd or 4th seed is not as important as being healthy when the playoffs start. I'm not even concerned with rust (if guys miss time to be rested) because the series always rid rust (time between games in round one).

So guys and suits gotta be smarter as we approach these playoffs. We have a legit opportunity to get to the finals if we are ready. Playing in Atlanta, we can beat everyone, Everyone.

So, at this point, play hurt during the playoffs not now.

Edited by Swatguy