• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Owner Calls Josh Smith 'Closest Thing to LeBron'

HawkItus

Josh Smith: the closest thing to Lebron in the League  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed, I think Smith is closing in on JJ and I think in a different system that Horford would be better than JJ. We have a lot of talent, some guys still have a lot of potential like Marvin and Teague.

Come on, man. Its no doubt Smoove & Horford are getting better and better, but let those guys be defended by legit players in the playoffs before you start claiming how much they have caught up to JJ. JJ is being defending by Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Salmons both good defenders, while Smoove is being defending by 6'5" Delfino and Horford is being defended by a guy who was huffing and puffing after the first 3 minutes of the game. JJ is still putting up 24.5, 5.5, 5.5 per game and shooting 50% fg, all better than season stats.

I'm not going to get into the JJ vs Smoove debate, because it's silly.

But the thing that I always watch with Josh Smith, is how he is rebounding the basketball. When he disappears in a game, it's usually in this area. When he's dominating in a game, his rebounds are usually sky high.

Shouldn't we be fans of both? I don't understand why people feel the need to put them against each other. I think their differences are what make them such a good combo.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Shouldn't we be fans of both? I don't understand why people feel the need to put them against each other. I think their differences are what make them such a good combo.

+1

While JSmoove is my favorite current NBA player JJ is one of the most underrated. You need to watch him closely to understand how good he is and he is damn good at both ends of the court.

And in general I agree - you may appreciate both of them and praise each one without bashing the other.

Edited by tremor

Again some people are trying too hard to try to justify this comparison.

Their games are just too dissimilar. The greatest comparison is their freakish combination of size and athleticism. But they excel in different areas.

Josh Smith is an above average passer, LeBron is an ELITE passer

Josh by nature of position is a better rebounder.

LeBron is an excellent chase down block guy, Josh Smith is far better at chase down blocks and just shot blocking period.

LeBron is by far a better scorer.

They both are pretty good at stealing the ball