• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 3 is something to prove for the Hawks!

JTB

Let me be the first to say that i do expect the Hawks to win game 3 but then again this is the playoffs and even as a Hawks Fan it's somewhat hard to tell just how serious our Hawks are about this thing. We are not getting any respect from the League and honestly I think many believe we will lose game 3 cause of our recent history on the road. I mean looking at our road record it's quite a concidence that our road record is the same as the Bucks over the regular season at 18-23! So thats something to think about even if we are the better team! In the end the Hawks must prove they are an elite Team even against this squad. An elite Team finds ways to win road games and I hope our Hawks are not getting big headed and hope they are focus cause it's a long playoffs ahead! We win game 3 this series will be pretty much over even if we drop game 4, we will be back at home for game 5 and I have all the confidence in the world for the hawks against any opponent!

We need to make sure to win on the road and either swept the Bucks or win 4-1 so others will take us seriously as contenders any thing other than that and we are joking with ourselves!

what I think about our potential round 2 opponents orlando!:

Ok really ATL..................Orlando!.............We can beat them and I know we can! I love how the bobcats are displaying how you contain Howard from dominating! Besides the 9 blocks Howard has not played at his usual elite level. Reason is because

1. he's getting into foul trouble and this is a regular for D.Howard.

2. The bobcats are banging with Howard and others in the post at on every play.

3. somewhat like 2 they honestly dont fear howard especially G-Force he goes for every rebound regardless if howard is jumping up or not! No fear is in this team.

4. they are not letting howard get to spots on the court he wants to get to and it's resulting him to take that running hook shot that he isn't consistant with..

5.they make sure to beat him down the court so Howard wont get an easy shot and also they throw diffrent looks at him doubling sometimes and other times just letting him go 1on1 when he isn't positoned for an easy bucket.

6. with all these things above taking place howard is ineffective

I know if we do some of these same things we will give our selves a very high chance of winning the series and going to the ECF! Now I am aware that our defense isn't as good as the bobcats but the bobcats probably would have won a game by now if they had a offense like ours with that defense! We can defend their perimeter guys thats no doubt! we just have to worry about taking howard out the game in order to give our team a shot at really winning like the bobcats are doing except their lack of offense really messes them up at winning against anybody!

• Moderators

Remembertomakethe postseasier to read!

I agree that the Hawks do have something to prove in Game 3 - both to ourselves and other teams. Last year's series against Miami was schizophrenic between home and the road. With a lesser opponent in the Bucks, we need to win on their floor and take the series 4-0 or 4-1.

• Premium Member

my ADD prevents me from reading anything longer than 2 sentences. but...i took my meds today so I was able to ready your post and I must say I also agree 100%.

I think as long as we win at least one of these two home games in MIL, we win the series easily. Whether MIL is at home or not, a few factors still remain:

1) They can't defend the paint at all without Bogut. Therefore, Smoove and Horford will continue to destroy them. Being at home won't change that.

2) Crawford has been very quiet so far. He is due for some rebound games--especially now that we are on the road.

3. Salmons has been held in check, and Jennings can't carry that team every night. Our defense has been surprisingly better (especially in Game 2), and if this continues, there isn't much MIL can do.