• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey Josh Smith if you read this just want to let you know THE PLAYOFFS HAVE STARTED

NJHAWK

Josh is the only person defending the rim. Everyone else is just watching.

He's the only person capable to defend the rim. That's like watching Duke last season and saying, well Gerald Henderson is the only one who plays above the rim. Well, he's the only one that can play above the rim.

• Moderators

He's the only person capable to defend the rim. That's like watching Duke last season and saying, well Gerald Henderson is the only one who plays above the rim. Well, he's the only one that can play above the rim.

At least Smith is an elite shotblocker, though. Henderson isn't elite at anything above the rim.

NJHAWK . . . I think you're another person by another name, who is also a Cincinnati Bengals fan. LOL . . . don't the Hawks remind you of the Bengals?

JJ is Carson Palmer

Josh Smith is Ocho Cinco

Woody is Marvin Lewis

And look what happened to us this past NFL season. Like the Hawks, we come through with a couple of breakthrough wins vs the Steelers ( like the Hawks did with Boston ), We even do enough to win the division.

But come playoff time, we run into an underdog NY Jets team that had far less talent, but a defense that scrapped and clawed every chance they got. So we play them in the playoffs, being a heavy favorite . . and we lay a complete egg. Carson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Ocho was rendered useless by Derrell Rivas. Marvin and his staff couldn't solve the Jets defense. Even our automatic kicker missed critical FGs.

And Sanchez made 2 plays in that game . . . which led to TDs . . . straight up defensive breakdowns from a team that had been solid defensively all year.

As a sports fan, this is pretty much the nightmare scenario for me . . . watching my favorite NFL and NBA team melt down like this. And I know with both teams, simply changing out a coach or a player may not solve the issue.

Meanwhile . . . the Baltimore Ravens did what they always do . . . MAN UP and got the job done vs the Patriots.

Just the nightmare scenario man.

• Like 1

At least Smith is an elite shotblocker, though. Henderson isn't elite at anything above the rim.

I was just making an opinion. I wasn't too much into the point. Just that Smith will always be someone who can protect the rim.

NJHAWK . . . I think you're another person by another name, who is also a Cincinnati Bengals fan. LOL . . . don't the Hawks remind you of the Bengals?

JJ is Carson Palmer

Josh Smith is Ocho Cinco

Woody is Marvin Lewis

And look what happened to us this past NFL season. Like the Hawks, we come through with a couple of breakthrough wins vs the Steelers ( like the Hawks did with Boston ), We even do enough to win the division.

But come playoff time, we run into an underdog NY Jets team that had far less talent, but a defense that scrapped and clawed every chance they got. So we play them in the playoffs, being a heavy favorite . . and we lay a complete egg. Carson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Ocho was rendered useless by Derrell Rivas. Marvin and his staff couldn't solve the Jets defense. Even our automatic kicker missed critical FGs.

And Sanchez made 2 plays in that game . . . which led to TDs . . . straight up defensive breakdowns from a team that had been solid defensively all year.

As a sports fan, this is pretty much the nightmare scenario for me . . . watching my favorite NFL and NBA team melt down like this. And I know with both teams, simply changing out a coach or a player may not solve the issue.

Meanwhile . . . the Baltimore Ravens did what they always do . . . MAN UP and got the job done vs the Patriots.

Just the nightmare scenario man.

LOL, you make a good point.

• Moderators

I was just making an opinion. I wasn't too much into the point. Just that Smith will always be someone who can protect the rim.

I agree with you. I think on a team with Duncan and AK-47, Josh still protects the rim with his help defense. Gerald Henderson on a team with high flyers doesn't enter the conversation for above the rim play.

Just in case you thought it was still preseason.

Josh's stats for the playoffs.

13.4 ppg

10.8 rpg

3.8 apg

2.2 bpg

.8 spg

1.4 to/g

Shooting 51.8%

66.7% FT

Not stellar scoring but not shooting that much (only 10.2 shots a game). What that means is efficiency wise we use the formula ((Assists x 2 points) + (Points))/(shots+assists+Turnovers) to get Josh's offensive efficiency. Meaning the times he is involved in the play (good or bad) divided into points he scores or assists. That translates to ((3.8x2) + 13.4)/(10.2+3.8+1.4) or 21/15.4. Meaning that Josh is currently responsible for 1.3636 points per offensive set involvement. Now lets look at Joe and Jamal.

Josh - ---1.3636

JJ ------- 1.2055 (30x2+116)/(104+30+12) or 176/146

Jamal - 1.0349(12x2+65)/(64+12+10) or 89/86

just for fun, Al

Al - (5x2+78)/(64+5+6) or 88/75 or 1.1733

So what we've learned here is that when Josh is involved in the play, we score 1.36 points....Crawford 1.03....

Josh is also leading the team in rebounds and blocks for the playoffs......You need to pick another target. let's start with a coach that insists on the offense running though the guards.

Edited by thecampster

Josh's stats for the playoffs.

13.4 ppg

10.8 rpg

3.8 apg

2.2 bpg

.8 spg

1.4 to/g

Shooting 51.8%

66.7% FT

Not stellar scoring but not shooting that much (only 10.2 shots a game). What that means is efficiency wise we use the formula ((Assists x 2 points) + (Points))/(shots+assists+Turnovers) to get Josh's offensive efficiency. Meaning the times he is involved in the play (good or bad) divided into points he scores or assists. That translates to ((3.8x2) + 13.4)/(10.2+3.8+1.4) or 21/15.4. Meaning that Josh is currently responsible for 1.3636 points per offensive set involvement. Now lets look at Joe and Jamal.

Josh - ---1.3636

JJ ------- 1.2055 (30x2+116)/(104+30+12) or 176/146

Jamal - 1.0349(12x2+65)/(64+12+10) or 89/86

just for fun, Al

Al - (5x2+78)/(64+5+6) or 88/75 or 1.1733

So what we've learned here is that when Josh is involved in the play, we score 1.36 points....Crawford 1.03....

Josh is also leading the team in rebounds and blocks for the playoffs......You need to pick another target. let's start with a coach that insists on the offense running though the guards.

Smoove's numbers were astronomical after Game 2. That's why all of the comparisons to Lebron and all of that love from the national media came from. After Game 2, Smoove was averaging 16 pts - 12 rebs - 6 asst and shooting 71% FG. Now it's unfair to expect him to play at that high of a level. But the great stats he accumulated in those first 2 games have been diminished significantly.

So while it's unfair to call him out for the entire playoffs, he hasn't had an impactful playoffs either. And when people consider you the best or 2nd best player on the team, you have to make that impact every game.

Yeah, you can say that about other guys as well, but a lot is expected of Smoove.

So like with JJ, Smoove has to be good on a nighlty basis during the playoffs. Having a bad 2 or 3 games in a series, can and has led to disaster.

Smoove's numbers were astronomical after Game 2. That's why all of the comparisons to Lebron and all of that love from the national media came from. After Game 2, Smoove was averaging 16 pts - 12 rebs - 6 asst and shooting 71% FG. Now it's unfair to expect him to play at that high of a level. But the great stats he accumulated in those first 2 games have been diminished significantly.

So while it's unfair to call him out for the entire playoffs, he hasn't had an impactful playoffs either. And when people consider you the best or 2nd best player on the team, you have to make that impact every game.

Yeah, you can say that about other guys as well, but a lot is expected of Smoove.

So like with JJ, Smoove has to be good on a nighlty basis during the playoffs. Having a bad 2 or 3 games in a series, can and has led to disaster.

Smith has only had 1 bad game which was game 3. In game 4 he had 20 pts on 11 shot attempts along with 9 rebounds. Last game he only scored 7 pts (on only 8 shots) but he had 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks and no turnovers.

The one who has had the worst series of anyone is Woody. He is an idiot. He refuses to go away from his iso offense and his switching defense no matter what. A smart coach like Skiles can take advantage of that and he has.

• Like 1

Ex . . . if our starting PF, and the guy who people say is our best or 2nd best player, only scores 7 points in a game . . then that's a bad game.

If JJ shot 5 - 11 FG and had 12 pts - 5 asst - and 4 rebs for us . . . in the playoffs . . . that would be a bad game in my eyes for him, despite the low amount of shots. The team needs him to score, so he has to do a better job getting his shots.

This is the playoffs. Guys have to impact the game during the playoffs. Even if Smoove hAs to do the little things to get his points ~ ( i.e. - put offensive rebounds back in the basket, or get to the FT line ) ~ that's what he has to do.

Our MVP or 2nd best player can't be mediocre or non-impactful.

Ex . . . if our starting PF, and the guy who people say is our best or 2nd best player, only scores 7 points in a game . . then that's a bad game.

If JJ shot 5 - 11 FG and had 12 pts - 5 asst - and 4 rebs for us . . . in the playoffs . . . that would be a bad game in my eyes for him, despite the low amount of shots. The team needs him to score, so he has to do a better job getting his shots.

This is the playoffs. Guys have to impact the game during the playoffs. Even if Smoove hAs to do the little things to get his points ~ ( i.e. - put offensive rebounds back in the basket, or get to the FT line ) ~ that's what he has to do.

Our MVP or 2nd best player can't be mediocre or non-impactful.

Nonsense. Smith hardly got the ball. Marvin and Horford both had big games. JJ and Crawford took 34 shots between them. Was Smith supposed to steal the ball from his own teamates to get more shots up?

I like that he didn't force things. He hit the boards, got some blocks and didn't turn it over. I wish he would do that more often.

• Like 1

So you were satisfied with Smoove's play last night?

Definitely, except for that dumbass 3 at the end. Marvin and Horford scored 47 points between them. I could probably count on one hand the number of times that has happened. the Hawks didn't need Smith to score.

What they needed was a coach who actually has a clue. Unlike Woody, smart coaches will actually make changes during the playoffs when something isn't working. After the first two games they weren't going to let Smith have such an easy time and changed things up. In game 3 they had their best defender on Smith and in the last two games they have been quick to double him down low. Skiles was going to make someone else beat them.

They had friggin Luke Ridnour guarding Marvin late in the game. Skiles probably figured, rightly, that Woody would be too stupid to exploit the matchup and would keep running isos for JJ and Crawford even though both guys were struggling.

JJ and Crawford took 34 shots to get 24 points. They also had 8 turnovers between them. That didn't stop Woody from force feeding them at the end of the game. The results were predictable. A smart coach would have gone to the hot hands but Woody has shown time and again he isn't a smart coach.

Woody keeps running his switching defense even though the Bucks continue to exploit it time and again.

Skiles >>>>>>> Woody

• Like 1

Josh is the only person defending the rim. Everyone else is just watching.

While I think Josh is a good player, he has terrible fundamentals. He does not play defense when his man does not have the ball. He does not block out. He could lead the league in rebounding if he played harder with better fundamentals, but he wants to rely on his athleticism alone. He is a great shot blocker but not a great overall defender. He is our best bargaining piece in the off season. I would move him in a package for either Bosh or M. Ellis.

Bingo!!!, Craw really has been terrible this series. When he's not hitting his shots he doesn't bring anything else to the table honestly...

Right now I like Crawford to be benched in the 4th. Bibby is a big time shooter and he will shine in big moments. I like the chances of Bibby hitting the open 3 than Crawford. There is also ball movement when he's controlling the ball. There's also one less iso player on the floor. Also, the Hawks now have to rely mostly on JJ who I think is as clutch as anybody in the NBA (there's a stat somewhere that proves this).

You have found me out, I have no choice now but to have you " erased ". :stirthepot: lol

Seriously though I think the Jets were playing alot better football then the Bucks are playing basketball, plus the Bengals had half they're starting defense injured. JOSH SMITH SHOULD BE DESTROYING ILYLA SEVACIA OR SODA POPSOVA or whatever the hell his name is. JOSH JAS BECOME THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON THE TEAM in this series imo, he HAS TO SHOW UP TONIGHT.