• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson knows what to do (link)

99PROBL3MS

I'd settle for Joe not dribbling away the clock or dribbling the ball off of his leg. Like they mentioned the other night he should get the ball and IMMEDIATELY do something with it, preferably attack the hole. I don't believe that anyone in the NBA is truly capable of shutting Joe down except for himself and the only time he ever shuts himself down are in games like game 1 when he was dribbling like his life depended on it. I think that if we had an offensive system that didn't let a player take more than 2-3 dribbles without passing or shooting we could be dangerous but instead we prefer to be an ISO team that lives and dies by the jumpshot.

Joe can be aggressive as he wants as long as he doesn't dribble and pound the ball for 14 seconds of the shot clock (and that's after it takes Bibby all of the 8 seconds to cross halfcourt :biggrin: ), that is what kills the offense. The Iso-Joe can be effective if he makes his move quicker and decide if he will pass or shoot...doing so forces the defense to adjust....Another thing, he is turning over the ball more that usual (I wonder if the injured thumb is a factor in the turnovers)....which is so unlike him.

• Premium Member

Exactly. If he knows what to do now, what took him so long to figure it out? I hope he plays well tonight but if he doesn't what will he say tomorrow? "Oh, this time I really think I got it!".

He's All-NBA. I think he's "got it."

He's All-NBA. I think he's "got it."

At this point he is all talk, and then he walks next season. We will take a hit next year in wins but we will be much better off in the long run without Joe holding our team hostage with his contract and without Woody having no coaching ability.

If he wanted a max contract NOW is the time to earn it. Joe needs to elevate his game to over come a team that is better than us. That is what Superstars do. He is not doing that.