• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson knows what to do (link)

99PROBL3MS

JJ talking the talkJoe realizes it is now or never for him. If he can do what he knows he needs to do, we can compete and possibly even win this series. He carries a heavy burden for this team and he has to come out strong. The good news is that he plans to. I am excited to see if he can tomorrow night. If he does we certainly have a chance at the upset. Sorry if this article has already been posted.

• Premium Member

thx for the good find

I'm responsible when we play like this. I'll take that. I'm the one who's supposed to do something about it. If I can't play any better than I have, then we're probably not going to win.

I've spent too much time trying to make sure everyone else gets involved. I just have to be more aggressive myself. I have to be aggressive from the start. I think you'll see something different this next game.
Edited by NineOhTheRino

As a fan of this team, and of Joe, there is nothing I want to see more than him succeed.

If he can drive early, or get the interior game going by drawing some extra coverage to him, and we can get Dwight in trouble, we CAN win games. But bricking 18 footers while Dwight isn't challenged is a deathwish.

I still have faith in the team, and just like he says. It starts with Joe, and spreads to the whole team.

• Like 1

Hell yeah JOE!!! Like Mike once said....."when we start losing, Im shooting". Id rather go down with JJ trying his best than being passive and absent on the offense.

• Premium Member

Heck yeah. Keep shooting until you get hot JJ. The team seems to follow his lead when he's got it going, so I have no problem with him being more of an offensive force. If he wants max money, NOW is the time to earn it.

I dont know why i find this line so funny.

Dwyane Wade in Miami was knocked out in the first round, but he went out with a blaze of glory...LMAO

Dwyane Wade in Miami was knocked out in the first round, but he went out with a blaze of glory...LMAO

Wade is a warrior. He was giving the Celtics 40.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I saw that too. Povtak is one of those bloggers who believes "everything I need to know about basketball I can get from reading the box score." So he never saw that Wade decided Ray Allen wasn't worth guarding for most of the series.

The saddest part is that he doesn't even read the box scores very well, or else he would have noticed that Wade averaged an absurd 5.2 turnovers per game in that series. He was knocked out of the playoffs a week and a half ago and he still leads the East in turnovers.

• Premium Member

I'd settle for him actually hitting shots when he's open.

And he's open...how often? This is JJ we're talking about, not Marvin. It's very rare for him to get more than a couple open looks per game.

Joe said:

I've spent too much time trying to make sure everyone else gets involved. I just have to be more aggressive myself. I have to be aggressive from the start. I think you'll see something different this next game.

Um... Okay, I was thinking that he needs to pass more (or know when to pass). But if he wants to come out and carry the team I'm okay with that as long as he gets the job done (and I beleive he can get the job done).

Go get em Joe!

I don't mind him being aggressive--he has to be now for us to have a chance. But it will do little good if him "trying to be aggressive" means Iso Joe down to a couple seconds on the shot clock. The fact is this: He needs to shoot more, and he needs to pass more. Find a way to get it to your teammates when guys are draped all over you (they need to actually knock them down though), cut down on the TOs, and when you have space, drive or hit your jump shots. We will not win with JJ scoring 10 points a game.

Joe is not capable of single handedly putting this team on his back and doing enough to over come a better opponent like the Magic. He is simply NOT one of those players, he is a very good role player that has a very streaky shot but he is not a superstar.

Time and time again we've seen him talk the talk then have horrible shooting nights.

Sorry I'm pretty much done with him, he can walk this off season for all I care and sign a max contract with the Knicks if he wants.

IMO He needs to pass MORE when he's not hitting his shots. instead of taking them just because. What's the point of him taking 20 shots and only hitting 6 of them. That hurts us more than if he would actually attempt to get his teammates involved more..

• Premium Member

Joe is not capable of single handedly putting this team on his back and doing enough to over come a better opponent like the Magic. He is simply NOT one of those players, he is a very good role player that has a very streaky shot but he is not a superstar.

Time and time again we've seen him talk the talk then have horrible shooting nights.

Sorry I'm pretty much done with him, he can walk this off season for all I care and sign a max contract with the Knicks if he wants.

Did you NOT see JJ carry the Hawks against the NBA Champion Celtics? He has the ability.

Now Joe is nothing more than a good role player. If you say so......

:cant believe:

That's a great plan and all but if it was that easy I don't think it would take a 40 pt taco kicking for him to decide to step up. Either he can't do it or he needs a massacre to get motivated. Either way it's not becoming of a max player.

Exactly. If he knows what to do now, what took him so long to figure it out? I hope he plays well tonight but if he doesn't what will he say tomorrow? "Oh, this time I really think I got it!".